Phantis Forums

PAOK Fans Gyradiko

Blackhawk

• 1 month later...

Yes I was and enjoyed every minute of it. Sadly, I saw live the game where Jordan broke his foot in 1986. It was the 3rd game of that season and he missed the rest of the 1986-1987 season.

3 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Yes I was and enjoyed every minute of it. Sadly, I saw live the game where Jordan broke his foot in 1986. It was the 3rd game of that season and he missed the rest of the 1986-1987 season.

That was possibly the most fortunate ankle brake in the history of sport. It let you guys select Horace Grant and Scottie Pippen at the next draft, and thus one of the greatest starting 5's in basketball began to be put together.

Very true. And after the "questionable" retirement and his return to the Bulls the addition of Rodman to the team brought more titles to the Windy City. Had he not "retired" there would have been more titles.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did choose the best-eleven PAOK players at the poll of sdna, and I had such a hard time on specific positions.

Particularly, left defender I struggled between Olivarez and Lino and Iosifidis that I never saw. I chose Percy.

For the center backs, I chose Pablo Contreras and Fountoukidis. I never saw Fountoukidis, but from what I read he should have been an incredible player. And none of the other choices of the present were good enough (Malezas, Cirillo, Tzavellas, etc). Not even close...

Then for the three midfielder positions, I struggled put Pablo Garcia, Zagorakis, Tetradze. I felt really ashamed that I didn't include Skartados. But he left PAOK when I was four, so again, I never saw him playing. From what I have read he was probably our best player for his ten years he spent to our team. I left out Damanakis Apostolidis etc.

Then, for the three positions of the offense I struggled and left out all the important players of the 70s. Koudas, Paridis, Sarafis, etc. I chose Frantzeskos, GX, and Salpiggidis. None of the three I like today, but I have strong memories with them and I feel they gave something in the past two decades. I left out Toursounidis even if I liked him, because he never reached his potential because of his poor mental function. Center forward were choices as Kostikos or Dimopoulos, but the way they eventually left made me go for Salpiggidis. Which doesn't make sense because the kontos left probably even in a worse way. Kostikos probably would be a better fit now that I am thinking of it. But again, I never saw him either. And I put right defender Vieirinha even though he barely played any matches with PAOK in that position, because I had to include him. I grew up hating the RB prodoti who went to gavro, so I couldn't put him. Matos and Prijovic even though solid, they played only two seasons and who knows, maybe next year they are gone or something.

-----------------------------Furtula-------------------------------

Vieirinha-----Contreras----Fountoukidis----Olivares

-------Zagorakis--------Garcia------------Tetradze----------

Georgiadis--------------------------------------Frantzeskos

----------------------------Salpiggidis------------------------------

On 4/9/2018 at 1:38 PM, Bajewy said:

also xronia polla to anyone named pash.....

ακόμα γιορτάζω ρε φίλε - still within my 40 days

On 4/9/2018 at 4:34 PM, Blackhawk said:

And happy birthday to him as well.

:kisses-444440:

• Like it 1

I got a question for all US based bros.

I am travelling to LA in 3 weeks time and have not yet booked accommodation. I'll be there for 2 nights before heading to Vegas for a stag party. Which of the beach neighbourhoods is best to stay in? Consider food and nightlife in your answers please!

Can't really help you here my friend. The only time I spent in LA were 3 hours at the airport on the way to Korea. Same thing with Vegas. Never been there.

I think Yiankos will be able to help here.

18 hours ago, Athens4 said:

I got a question for all US based bros.

I am travelling to LA in 3 weeks time and have not yet booked accommodation. I'll be there for 2 nights before heading to Vegas for a stag party. Which of the beach neighbourhoods is best to stay in? Consider food and nightlife in your answers please!

If it was before Uber times, I would urge you to rent a car. Without a car in Los Angeles you cannot survive. Now that there is Uber, I guess it will be fine. You will pay some money, but you avoid the parking. I used to live in Long Beach. If you are staying for two nights only I wouldn't recommend you to go there or even south. Stay close to downtown and preferably west of it. Hollywood or Santa Monica area is the best area to stay. Good nightlife is also around there. So, try to find a hotel somewhere in that area. Then, you will go to the Griffith Observatory which is a must go. So, my suggestion is to stay downtown and especially east of it. Don't even bother to go south of downtown (Compton, Downey, etc), you will regret it. Then southeast the Orange County is nice, but again for only two nights doesn't worth the travel. For example, Long Beach-Los Angeles if no traffic it's half an hour on the freeway, but if you do it in rush hour you can do an hour and a half or even more and regret it.

Regarding beaches, do not even bother going to Manhattan or Redondo which are south of Santa Monica. They suck. It's nice in Huntington beach. Which is true if you are looking to see some asses and boobs. But again is kind of far. If you find a hotel in Hollywood, you will need at least an hour and a half to go to Huntington beach. And if you go to Santa Monica which is close to Hollywood you will get a pretty good sense of Los Angeles. And right next to Santa Monica is Venice beach which is also nice to walk and see what you see in the movies (basketball, open gyms, etc).

• Like it 1

Yes, sure, why not. If you find something more inexpensive there you can do that. The only "bad" thing about LA in general is that you cannot walk it. You can walk a little bit, but then you will have to take an uber to go somewhere else to walk. Everything is so spread out. Even if you stay only in Santa Monica-Venice Beach-Hollywood area it will be plenty for just two nights.