Phantis Forums

Greece-Finland(4 September 2015, Giorgos Karaiskaki, Piraeus)

Omonoia9

I remember topalidis giving interview and and getting asked why rehaggel had put in some players

that did not have teams. He said well the reason is because those were the best we have available

and they have definetly  not forgotten how to play soccer.

Reality is that even if  Fetzfazidis does not play for a big club he is still a better player than

most of our players in Greece .

Instead its like maybe we should try out this player, or that player out there.

Just put the best players we have on the field and win or lose the game with them.

we don't start our most creative player....

Edited by nasl

how the hell are there posters on this board that WANT those 2 to start? 

these people exist ...they are present ..... here ..... now !!!!

After such a debacle there are posters who try to find excuses for the young & useless tits and to blame Tziolis and Vyntra for everything. *facepalm*

Vyntra was a necessary choice because of Torosidis' absence. In defense he hadnt much work, he tried to go forward and create chances as Torosidis does but he isnt so strong at that. Both of them were average, and clearly they didnt were the worst in the team.

Hint: It was totally useless to start (or call up) Aravidis, a second Mantalos choice. Karelis shot for all directions, it was hilarious. I didnt understand why Fountas was subbed in instead of Fetfatzidis. Tsanas is totally incompetent (that could be said after the Serbia match too) and should be replaced... perhaps EPO can select a proper head coach at the third attempt after Ranieri and Markarian.

• Like it 1

Highlights are here. don't know how long they will remain up though...

we had +5 chances that would have been sheer goals - just a matter of inches. (as sokratis said, we had very bad luck)

I would've appreciated less audacious attempts and at least test the keeper a bit instead of going for the highlight real at first though..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrhNe61Cgmc

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

Tsanas was sad because of the loss, but spoke about positive signs and said: "We have lost, but we can be optimistic."

http://ethnikiomada.vodafone.gr/tsanas-xasame-alla-mporoume-na-eimaste-aisiodoksoi/

http://www.sports8.gr/article.42653-Tsanas-Para-tin-itta-eimaste-aisiodoxoi.html

We should prompt find a competent trainer.

Edited by La Mendel

We shouldn't be bringing our clubs into this. You put that aside when the ethniki plays. They're making us ALL miserable. Olympiakos fans, AEK fans, PAO fans, PAOK fans, ALL Greeks. 

• Like it 1

Let's not put unrealistic expectations on karelis.

The guy is not blessed with a great first touch or dribbling ability. He simply utilizes his pace and upper body strength well and has simultaneously made a living at the expense of slow defenses. His finishing is awkward at best. He is a typical example of the direction the game is heading. Physique over technique.

He is not completely useless though because if you use him as a poacher, so as little contact with the ball as possible, he can keep defenders on their toes with his movement. When you stick him on the wing, what do you expect?

• Like it 1

I'm done with excuses our players are s%$#! bottom line.

-I now see it was not Ranieri or Makaranian's fault.

-Not the Epo's fault

-we are the worst team in this entire qualifying Campaign next to Gilbraltar and even they would have scored more goals if they were in Our group.

-You can clearly see Otto and Santos were the best and most successful coaches this NT has ever had

-Our players are pathetic they have no upside we are searching at the bottom of the barrel for an attacker with we don't have.

-Maybe this why Santos and company didn't play to many of our young guys because they are all s%$#!.

-We have missed the Euros in the easiest possible group and to make things worse we have scored 2 goals and non at home. We are going to finish in last place behind the FI.... Omg wake me the F*** up. There is no way we are going to qualify for the World Cup we are going to get our asses handed to us in that group. There is no light at the end of the tunnel for us right now, We have no players ready to break out and secure a position as a solid attacker on this team. For me the most skillful player when he has the ball is Fetfa at least this guy can control the ball and beat defenders. Mitro should never play again for this team he is slow and s%$#!. Samaras would be delight to have back right now. Bottom line we've gone from being a top rated team (Fifa rankings) to a bottom feeder in the span of a year, we are literally in quick sand and there's no way out for us.

It would be shocking to find out if that photo was really the day after the loss.  But it wouldnt surprise me.

Someone called them the Mykonos generation lol  .   I bet you half of these young pukes are also smokers, i mean

they drink frappedes the two go hand in hand.   

11 years of hard work and dedication flushed down the drain by these punks.  

I guarentee you guys for the Euro 2020 qualifiers we will end up in Pot 4 

Let's not put unrealistic expectations on karelis.

The guy is not blessed with a great first touch or dribbling ability. He simply utilizes his pace and upper body strength well and has simultaneously made a living at the expense of slow defenses. His finishing is awkward at best. He is a typical example of the direction the game is heading. Physique over technique.

He is not completely useless though because if you use him as a poacher, so as little contact with the ball as possible, he can keep defenders on their toes with his movement. When you stick him on the wing, what do you expect?

Pretty spot on. We know really his deficiencies before this game. People overreacting and questioning "how he has a spot on the team" are stupid. He's not a winger. As a poacher, he pretty solid. Or at least he has been for PAO (see scoring record last year plus this year so far).

He has a spot on this team. He just has to be utilized correctly. Just like everyone else on the squad. This 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 bourdes isn't working with this crop of players. They need to start looking at using a 4-4-2 or some sort of 3-5-2 formation.

Get use to this boys and girls. We won't see the NT qualifying for major finals for a long time.

The next round of qualifying starts a year from now. We won't qualify for Russia. Only the 1st place qualifies and best 8 2nd place teams in playoff. With this team we are not going anywhere.

This is going to get worse. We are going to drop farther down the rankings. It's going to be a nightmare.

We need a complete overhaul. It won't happen overnight.

Guy's I give you all full Mark's for support, but there comes a time of excepting the facts....The NT is not a place for player development, that happens at club level where these players spend most of there time. The majority of this team is made up of losers, that's what happens when accountability doesn't exist, something Santos and the 2004 had....Now show up put on the shirt and play tiki taka....Try to lol! Karelis can't dominate in the SL, same goes for Aravidis, Fetfa bench boy, Fortounis has been playing for 5 years and still can't be the projected super star....Now we're talking lets try Mantolas, who's he to take a international role, Samaris and Mitro....Guy's I can pick this garbage team apart day and night....Lets leave this alone.....I told you guys this 2 year's ago...BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR IN LIFE!!! Please bring Santos back!!!

If only we can... He has a good job, makes great work in Portugal I bet he will be there until 2018 WC (at least).

It's just amazing how quickly things have changed. We all thought as Karagounis finally moved on, and Katsouranis and Gekas would fade away that we would be ok, and maybe even improve. I refuse to believe that these guys who were competent players as recently as last year all suddenly suck. Something bigger is going on, but what? 

Sorry I meant to say Ninis, Fetfa and Xolebas suck!!!

Ninis or Fetfa could not possibly have been worse than anyone not named Fortounis in yesterday's midfield.

What has been happening is since Euro 2004 no Greek 11 has been selected fully on ability.

What has also happened is that Greek has exceptionally few technical players and the few it has, Ninis, Fetfa, Xolebas are not liked by the press or fans.

They do not like them because quite frankly they are extremely overrated by people like you. We have about 7 years of history on Ninis and Fetfazinho. We know who they are and they aren't that much. They are extremely inconsistent players who never turned out to be what everyone expected or hoped for.
  • Like it 2

How development is taught in Greece must be looked at. Our players are very "mechanical" with very little technique. As Reaper has pointed out there is far and few players with natural ability to even have great first control and good vision to create a flowing game and what is sad is that even the Faroe Islands, Northren Ireland & now Finland have scored winning goals on us because they attacked us at speed with quick passes and deadly finishing... Something we have not been able to do in all these games against that opposition!!

The teams you mention won against us as Greece used to won. ~ 40-45% of the possession, defense, counterattacks. Sounds stupid, but yesterday in a sense Finland was Ethniki.

Edited by La Mendel

personally I don't see many  players that are better than Ninis and fefta who can produce  offense.

I would also say Samaras even without a team is better than most players in Greece also.

Until we start our best players every game , and forget about the experimentation and politics

we will not win.

They suck do they?

Our best game was Fetfa starting, Holebas was one of our better players vs Finland and no other Greek midfielder today is passing and setting up goals better then Ninis.

Holebas seemed really good and built attacks, but versus a stronger team than Finland we could have had problems because of him being out of position. I can imagine Tsanas will be surprised vs Romania.

Fetfatzidis is inconsistent, sometimes he was good as vs Hungary, but he had some mediocre matches too. I dont mention Ninis (ofc hes better than Fountas & Co., but that isnt much).

I thought the commentator was bang on. Bravo tou, showed balls.

Sokratis was talking s%$#!. I like him, but the atmosphere has long been poisoned now and sokratis himself is part of the 'klika'.

Agreed, if anything Sokratis should be hearing this more often.

Just watched Spain make a good Slovakia team look like nothing. If only we could pass the ball aorund even half as good as them. Silva and Iniesta were maestros on the pitch. When will we get one player as good as these two to help us attack through the midfield?

That wasn't a good Slovakian team - they are riddled with injuries and did their very best to take themselves out of the game. Mak (their only offensive threat) gone at halftime, more negative moves with the other subs. It's clear they were fine with losing, and wanted to save themselves for their next opponents (Ukraine?).