Phantis Forums

Greece-Finland(4 September 2015, Giorgos Karaiskaki, Piraeus)

Omonoia9

Gazzetta.gr says Tsanas chose the 4-4-2 system (source: http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/796298/me-4-4-2-kai-ena-erotimatiko-o-tsanas-pic). The lineup I copied in in the morning was a hoax (I found the Kitsiou part of it very surprising). After Thursday training it seems that Tziolis will start as a defensive midfielder instead of Kyriakos Papadopoulos. Karnezis will be the keeper, Vyntra (and ofc not Kitsiou), Manolas, Papastathopoulos and Holebas will be the defenders. Tziolis, Samaris, Fortounis, and one of the Fetfatzidis-Kone duo will be in the center. Mitroglou and Karelis will attack. (I can easily imagine that this will be another 4-3-3, with Tziolis as CDM, Kone/Fetfatzidis on the right wing and Karelis as a LW - although the picture shows quite another formation with Kone as LM.) Tachtsidis and K. Papadopoulos can also play tomorrow. Tsanas will decide about the lineup on Friday morning, he said that to the players. He wants them to be alert.

The lineup (it is reported ofc, but more plausible than that in the morning):

I was under the impression he was primarily a centre forward, my mistake
I honestly don't mind the look of that line-up, but I've felt that way about every team we've put out these qualifiers, they have just severely under performed. If these guys play anywhere near what they are capable we will win, that being said any win will do.

GREECE 

1 Karnezis(GK)

11 Vyntra

14 Papadopoulos

19 Papastathopoulos(Captain)

20 Holebas

6 Tziolis

10 Fortounis

21 Aravidis

22 Samaris

9 Mitroglou

16 Karelis