Phantis Forums

Greece-Finland(4 September 2015, Giorgos Karaiskaki, Piraeus)

Omonoia9

Well it's just a couple weeks away now. The ethniki are at home to Finland, still looking for a win as the end of this brutal campaign nears a merciful end. 

Kitsiou would absolutely kill it, if it weren't for the fact that he's never been called up and is therefore completely unfamiliar with his teammates, their tactics, etc. If we use a 3-5-2, he would be like a Holebas that can defend.

Just don't play him on the left, Tsanas...

Fetfatzidis doesn't deserve a call up. You can't go for an early retirement and still expect to feature for the ethniki.

This is true. We're already starting to see a new generation come out, and we have 2.5 years to get our team together. The way forward is obvious.

every single call up is understandable. Especially considering injuries, form, and our lack of depth in some positions. Let me explain. ..

Vyntra...considering torosidis is suspended vs Finland, who else should we have called up? Tasoulis? Skondras? I know he is mediocre and we are eager to move forward with youth but we lack depth in this position. To his credit, he hasn't had a tragic game since s korea in 2010.

Stafylidis has been defensively poor for club and country for over a fking year! Im just glad holebas is back.

Pelkas is injured.

Lastly, tziolis' inclusion is debatable and may not be justified. One can argue bouchalakis should take his place.

However, tziolis has experience and chemistry with the team. Also, he played amazing against romania, to help us qualify for the world cup 2014. And we play romania a few days after the Finland match.

So perhaps tziolis' inclusion is understandable, especially considering many of our other midfielders lack experience and have been playing poor for the ethniki

Overall, i like the balanced selections and we will beat Finland. If we beat them, maybe we will get a positive result against romania too!

• Like it 2

Why do we still have posters (moderator) with a clear Olympiakos agenda? All he does is sulk and whine about the absence of anything Olympiakos pertaining to the Ethniki.

Why are you not asking the same question about PAOK, AEK and PAO mods? They all have their own section and can give their opinion about everything else. Who are you all of a sudden to question only an Olympiakos mod? Maybe you hate Olympiakos? Grow up

Giannoulis, Platellas, Tziolis and Vyntra have no place on this squad....

Bouchalakis, Pelkas, Stafyllidis should have got the nod..

Stafylidis is injured.

I would accept Giannoulis or Vyntra as a left back with Holebas playing on the left side of the midfield. Then we would have a sort of defensive minded player on the left who can help the attacks. A midfield with him, K. Papadopoulos and Tziolis would give us some safeness.

Why are you not asking the same question about PAOK, AEK and PAO mods? They all have their own section and can give their opinion about everything else. Who are you all of a sudden to question only an Olympiakos mod? Maybe you hate Olympiakos? Grow up

I have no opinions of any sort.

• Like it 1

When's the last time you actually watched Platellas play?

He's a great inclusion and DOES have a place in the ethniki.

How Tziolis & Vyntra got picked is beyond me and shits me that they did.

lets hose down the 'aekisation' of these threads.....Aekism here is similar to monkeydoniasm ..

Many of your fellow AEK posters questioned much about this guy over the last two seasons...

I am not a big fan of dwarfs who have had a handful of good matches in lower leagues being included in the NT squad...

a lot of the Aekism needs to just be relaxed in the NT context...

AEK is and always will be a top 4 superleague team.

the relegation did ruin a lot of our confidence in selecting their players...

this year I predict AEK will finish 3rd.

1) Oly 2) Pao 3) Aek 4 Paok 5 ) Atromitos / take your pick

I'm PAO btw.

Let's not be naive and forget that AEK isn't a big name in Greek Soccer.

Edited by georgelaz

AEK is and always will be a top 4 superleague team.

the relegation did ruin a lot of our confidence in selecting their players...

this year I predict AEK will finish 3rd.

1) Oly 2) Pao 3) Aek 4 Paok 5 ) Atromitos / take your pick

I'm PAO btw.

Let's not be naive and forget that AEK isn't a big name in Greek Soccer.

that's all good and well....  however it does not mean defending every single AEK player and thinking they should be in the NT...No matter if AEK fans themselves can see major deficiencies....

for example most osfp fans were against Giannoulis call up last season...we need to drop the opadika glasses when it comes to NT selections.

• Like it 1