Phantis Forums

Mehdi Abeid

Accor6

How the mighty have fallen......

Cant believe we're making this much of a fuss over the signing of Abeid....

I mean don't get me wrong.. he's a good player and can definitely help us if he reaches the form he had 2 years ago but the way some people on here and in Greece are acting its as if we signed Robin Van Persie!!

Not to mention we going crazy about signing a crippled player and the new "Sarriegi"....   

Anyway... I guess we got to start somewhere and build from there....

with this squad we can fight for the championship as long as we avoid injuries.... I don't think our bench is "mature" enough to take on the pressure of the prwtathlima... time will tell!

Yes, with the cripple and the xasapi...  we dont have a team...

With players like Abeid coming we are starting to build something.. but its not worth the second coming of Messi as some paint it out to be

He's just a small piece of the puzzle that we need to build on...  

Pieces like xasapi and cripple.. are pieces for completely different puzzles

Oh im not saying that we didnt' do well to pick him up... far from it

He's a good player... but thats about it... he's not a world killer.. he's just an influential part of a midfield that will help down the road

These are the types of players we should be getting...  

I'm just awestruck people are going a little overboard with him coming...  kinda shows you how much the quality has dropped off... back in the day players like Abeid would come to sit on the bench... now they are automatic starters...

The xasapi and the cripple. Eleos. You were, without a doubt, one of the people calling Cisse a sapaki one month into his first season. No doubt about that.

It's August. Relax. Eisai toso ypervolikos merikes fores. Sanchez has played like 45 mins in a PAO jersey. I'm not saying he's an all world CB but he isn't s%$#!. Everyone wants the team to start the season rolling on all cylinders. It doesn't really happen like that, especially when you have so many new faces.

As for Abeid, I think last year showed how big of a loss he was to the midfield. He's young, he's performed in this system and with the majority of these players, and he plays in a position of desperate need. He's a big pickup for PAO and we should be thankful he will be wearing the jersey until 2018.

Edited by paoboston
  • Like it 6

Freezer stop man... Just stop...

@PaOBoston, I don't remember about Cisse, but I distinctly remember him criticizing the Gilberto Silva signature.. He was criticizing the move cause he felt PAO should of gone for an attacking midfielder... This despite Silva being captain of Brazil and coming off first team duties with Arsenal!!! MIZEROS in every sense of the word..

And as we all saw, the invisible wall was worth every penny..

Edited by Giourkas
  • Like it 1

I think you guys are missing the point...

I'm not criticizing the signing... I'm praising it.. we did good to sign him... I dont get why you think I believe this is "bad" signing...   I'm just surprised/flabbergasted with how everyone (on the site and in Greece) is reacting... its as if we signed some marquee player 

Bottom line... Abeid is a good young player and we should be targeting these players b/c they will eventually get us far... however, he by no means a player to go absolutely bonkers about and definately not worth the 2.5 year serial drama we have been reading about

As for Cisse... I was ALWAYS in favor of signing Cisse b/c he had come off a good season in England..  100% behind the signing as I even picked up his jersey when I went to Greece 

As for Gilberto Silva... Yes you are are right... I was critical about his signing as I believed we should have gone for an attacking player....  In order to win the super league you need attackign players to give you goals... 

This league isn't super critical/complex where you need a solid DM to prevent goals from being leaked...  its a poorly offensive league and therfore halfway decent defenses will do just fine

It's no surprise that when we signed attacking talent (Cisse, Leto, Katsouranis) we cruised to win the league...   

This is the EXACT SAME reason why I am against Essien...  and even more so... Essien hasn't played a full season of soccer in 1.5 years!  

This is how you succeed in this league and in Europe...

1) Bring in attacking talent that can unlock tight defenses b/c teams in the SL play anti-soccer

2) Take money from winning league and invest in a bench and defensive players to be competitive in Europe

This team has no business right now competing in Europe... we are wayyyy too weak defensively

given that we are still financially strapped... one thing at a time...  focus on league and cup.... then work on Europe next year... no excuses next year

Edited by Grkfreezer624

• Guest locked this topic