Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dutch Eagle

Europa League 2019/2020 Qualification

That's a great boost, although RVP hasn't looked fit in a long time, not sure he's the same player he once was.

Atromitos - Fenerbahce

UEL Play-Off, 1st Leg, 20/08/2015, 20:00 CET - Athens (GRE)

Referee: Daniele Orsato (ITA)

Assistant Referees: Lorenzo Manganelli (ITA), Andrea Padovan (ITA)

Fourth Official: Andrea Gervasoni (ITA)

UEFA Referee Observer: Vladimir Antonov (MDA)

UEFA Delegate: Nebojsa Ivkovic (SRB)

Edited by Dutch Eagle

Im very interested in this game I think i'm one of the few who thinks Atromitos actually has a chance of beating them.

I read reports that Robin Van Persie was going to miss the match. Why is this c*nt in Greece training with Fener?

Ela Atromito! Onoma kai pragma!

Typical scenario were uefa favour the much richer side. I knew atromitos would hold their own. This fener team isn't ready....

• Like it 1

Such a shame really, they have such a strong team. They lost and it wasnt fair. I wish them to be in Europe but almost impossible.

Such a shame really, they have such a strong team. They lost and it wasnt fair. I wish them to be in Europe but almost impossible.

Doxa,what a really big shame for you my poor friend.I don't know what is your knowledge of football but you talk TOO MUCH RUBBISH . This is a NEW squad,they are trying to get used to this new system and know each other.Despite the result of first match,they were way better than Atromitos and had more chances in an away match,that's enough for this round.

Also,I think this second match proves that you talk too wrong my friend.Fnerbache controlling the match easily,having way way better teamwork and playing :)

And also,to anyone who says that referee is against Atromitos,what do you think about your keepers touch outside the penalty box? :) or Nani's unreal,wrong yellow card?

Edited by Dedeto

Caner red card for pulling back Marcelinho in the box - and pen for Atromitos. That is what should have happened. Also Van Persie fouled badly to get space to score. This was a repulsive referee that protected Fener. I am afraid this is the consensus. The article published on this website summed it up best:

Daniele Orsato secures victory for Fenerbah?e
August 20, 2015 by Themistocles Cala
On a night that was set up for a major shock - Daniele Orsato (the Italian referee) made sure Fenerbah?e would have nothing to worry about going back to Istanbul.
1189604bb.jpg

Atromitos 0
Fenerbah?e 1

The Turkish side struggled against a well seasoned compact Atromitos unit - a team whose players are worth but a fraction of the value of the Fenerbah?e team. A team that could smell blood. There were chances and half chances throughout this exciting game for both teams, however the key turning points in the game were not allowed to happen.

The first stonewall penalty came for Atromitos on 39' when Caner Erkin cynically pulled back Marcelinho when he was about to pull the trigger in the Fenerbah?e box. The replays were damning for the Italian referee. However more embarrassing was the goal he allowed on 89'. Robin Van Persie clearly pushed Mariano Bittolo out the way to make room for his winning header. The Italian referee however was not finished. He denied yet another Atromitos penalty just before when Abdoulaye Ba crashed Napoleoni clumsily to the floor, once again in the Fenerbah?e box on 81'.

Watch Var Persie foul and goal

After the game a bewildered and angry George Spanos (Atromitos chairman) lambasted the officials for giving the game to Fenerbah?e in a post-match interview. He described the game as 11 vs 14.

All in all, the powers that be wanted Fenerbah?e to carry an advantage to Istanbul and this mission was accomplished. Perhaps the score should read:

Football 0
Fenerbah?e 1..

Came back from 4-0 down to 4-3 in Belarus... all to play for in Athens

An impressive away win in Slovakia! 2-1 over Dunajska Stred. Great goals from Umbides & Manoussos!

• Like it 1

Should Atromitos advance, they will face the winner between Midtjylland-Rangers 

• Like it 1

Fantastic result in Warsaw! 
Full Time Legia Warsaw 0:0 Atromitos 
Legia was the dominate team, but could not score one single goal after taking 28 shots (14 on target). Atromtios better step up their game in Peristeri.

Edited by Molon Lave
  • Like it 2

I just have a feeling Legia is gona come away winners of this... may have been the dominant first game without goal but dunno if Atromitos has what it takes. Bloody hope so

If Atromitos continues to allow Legia 75% of the ball possession in the return leg, they are in trouble, unless Megyeri gets another clean sheet and force a penalty shootout. 

Of course, what else is new by Apostolos Vellios, missing an easy opportunity.