Phantis Forums

Europa Play-Offs PAO-Qabala 2nd leg 27/08/2015 21:00

it is beyond ridiculous for anyone to assume PAO would not want to play in Europa League group stages to concentrate on GSL ..

If PAO's squad is 'too thin' to play 6 mid week games between September and Christmas, then the squad is 'too thin ' to win the GSL..

THANK YOU!!!

do you guys actually think the players dont give a F*** about europa because of the little money that PAO can earn from it when compared to CL?

Let's be serious here guys, they'd all rather play in a europa league game than a standard GSL game any day of the week.

Europa league competition is better than GSL and also allows the players to showcase themselves to the world what they are all about. Weather PAO is a stepping stone for them to a better future or it's their passion to play for PAO. The incentive to play europa league is much higher than a shitty game against levadiakos away on a pitch that is no better than my backyard...

And like red sherif said...wtf is 6 games really going to do to a squad in the long scheme of things.

Those of you saying 'F*** europa' are flat out idiots!!

We have a great squad to have a very good chance at excelling this year in the europa league, why not take our chances and see how good we really are.

Anybody remember the two wins against Roma 3-2 and 2-3???

They were in europa league...

Oh i bet you all forgot about them didn't you

Edited by PAOmelbourne
  • Like it 1

We go into these Euro games with staff that has been there with tones of experience!

We have Saravakos.Vokolos and Fyssas in every Euro expedition who have eaten up any Euro venue you can imagine!

WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY TELLING THESE "KOPANOYS"WE HAVE BEFORE ANY GAME OF THAT MAGNITUDE?

Are we using these people to the outmost extend?

Are we using their great experience with situations like that?

How are we motivating our players?

Do we pick games?

it is beyond ridiculous for anyone to assume PAO would not want to play in Europa League group stages to concentrate on GSL ..

If PAO's squad is 'too thin' to play 6 mid week games between September and Christmas, then the squad is 'too thin ' to win the GSL..

Hold on a sec. In most cases your right but last season's squad was also rather thin and yet made a push for the title up until the unfortunate events that unfolded. After that, the players didn't play with the same enthusiasm. It's anyone's guess what could've happened but we definitely had the team to do it. 

The key for pao this year will be how many points they generate in the first half of the season, because if the last two seasons have shown anything, is that we really come alive in the second half of the season. Offcourse around this time of the year, we don't have the distraction of europe.

To be fair Atromitos held their own against Fener yesterday they were unlucky on the rvp goal

Listen, I don't want to respond to the other one who keeps repeating that Atromitos and Asteras are under you guys level, but the starting 11 Atromitos had yesterday was indeed pretty impressive. Before people accuse me of trolling im dead serious and I must say they are very strong and PAO's technical directer could learn something from their transferpolicy. From the games I've seen untill now in Europe, Atromitos is much stronger and better organized. But the season is long.

My opinion is Atromitos has a better starting 11 at the moment then PAO jvc, based on the games i've seen in the current season.

The fanbases, revenues, results or attendences have nothing to do with my opinion. Just watching at player material of the both teams.

At any time during the year you have to use your players wisely.... right now... we are tettering on the verge of burnout and we have 4 games in 10 days...

As a coach, you have to pick and choose which games you really want to win... need to win.. and can afford some leeway

The pressure is on Anastasiou to deliver the prwtathlima this year....  therefore he will play his best starting 11 against Panatiolikos and any GSL opponent

He obviously doesn't rate Qabala very much as you can see we had a very weird line up... none of those players played with each other ever and he just hoped for a win but it wasn't necessary

The players don't "pick" and choose games... they obviously tried to play but due to lack of chemistry amongst themsevles and a terrible pitch.. they coudln't do anyting and looked terrible

The problem is.. if Qabala scores in Greece.... IMMENSE pressure will be on to overturn the score and win....   If they dont... a lot of criticism will be thrown around and the team may go into a mini slump due to the psyhcological impact of losing to that team, however in the end, without the pressure of Europe on us...I think we will hit a stride that will go unrivled

You read it here first... if PAO is knocked out of Europe (not goin to happen but just saying)... we will win the prwtathlima

If they want to do well in Europe and Greece... No they dont

They  will kill themselves to get through (b/c its a once in a lifetime opportunity) but their form in the league will suffer

They [ Atromitos/PAOK] will not look good this Sunday for the premiere

Despite their gritty and awe inspiring preformances over Thursday in Europa....  BOTH PAOK and Atromito looked pretty lackluster today...

PAOK looked terrible at home and Atromito was the better side against a poor Levadiako and barely squeaked through

These teams do not have enough depth to compete on two fronts equally