Phantis Forums

Europa Play-Offs PAO-Qabala 2nd leg 27/08/2015 21:00

I predicted a 3-0 win to PAO and based on Qabala's experience and capabilties, this should have been easily achieved. Unfortunately Anastasiou did not give this match high importance. Leaving Berg, Ninis and Lagos on the bench and experimenting with Lod up front was more experimental than our friendly matches.

Very disappointing. We have the skill level and players to smash this team. The fact we played so poorly reflects on the coach and his ability to get this team ready.

Europe is not a priority for our coach. His starting 11 today proved this. For me this is not good enough. Succeeding in Europe is part of our DNA. This is what made the club so great. Our rivals envy our European track record. Dont go disrespecting this and what the fans want by leaving Berg out in order to focus on the weekend SL match. I demand success and focus in Europe, dont disrespect the fans.

If you ask me, we are in possible danger...  Our defense is a Luna Park... one mishap at Leoforo and if we get scored on.... it will be quite a pressure cooker on the team to preform

Bottom line is we will probably win 2-0 but will have to spit blood to go through....

When you're bad, you can lose to just about anyone but this qabala side would struggle in the football league. Anything but a positive result and it would be time to close up shop.

From what I have seen Ninis is the only player that creates chances for PAO and you didn't play him... 0-0 terrible! Berg seems really out of form

Berg doesn't look ready. Lacked sharpness in his touches. He struggled to finish the brugge games.

From a financial perspective, getting into the EL Group Stages is not negotiable.  It must happen.  Just getting there gets you 1.3M Euros.  TV Revenue plus a sold out stadium for 3 home games and you're looking at even more.  Even if you lose every game in the EL Group Stage, you have to get there.

From a financial perspective, getting into the EL Group Stages is not negotiable.  It must happen.  Just getting there gets you 1.3M Euros.  TV Revenue plus a sold out stadium for 3 home games and you're looking at even more.  Even if you lose every game in the EL Group Stage, you have to get there.

Bingo

There's no real significant cash to be made in the europa league, cash that go along way to sorting out our financial issues. Alafouzos said that only getting into the CL group stage can really get us out of this financial rut. Until that happens any money needed to plug holes there and there can be put forward by alafouzos and co. After losing to brugge, we said we might have to sell a player or two. Not only did we not sell but we brought in abeid.

Having said that, if we don't beat this side, the fear is that everyone will turn on the coach and players, if they haven't already. Perhaps in the group stage, continue to give the lesser players some necessary european experience and always lineup strong for domestic games.

Realistically, assuming you deliberately don't field weak teams on purpose to rest the players for the league, I would expect PAO doesn't lose every match.  For each win it's 200K, each draw 100K.  If you win the group, another 400K, runner up 200K.  Adding all of the prize money up together with TV and stadium revenue for the matches, and you could be looking at 3M to 4M easy.

For a club that isn't flush with cash, that's a significant amount.  I agree what you want is the CL money, but realistically, how on earth are PAOK, PAO or AEK going to win the title ?  I just don't see it happening, although it would be nice to see a different team win the title for the first time in 187,000 years.

So, it's a case of, take the EL semi-seriously and get 3M or 4M, or take the gamble, and maybe if all the stars align (and there are lots of stars that need to align) you get the CL spot.  It's a big gamble.

I get that if PAO were in serious title contention, might rest players vs the EL, but I don't buy not taking this qualification game seriously.  It's as simple as "here is a team that is inferior to you, if you beat them, I'll give you 2.5M Euros".  Who wouldn't take up that offer ?

• Like it 2

^^^welcome maggica...in short the team looked disjointed disinterested and still in preseason mode...i think tactically we set up wrong too but again perhaps giannis wanted to play for this result...again thursday will be a different story! :)

For a club that isn't flush with cash, that's a significant amount.  I agree what you want is the CL money, but realistically, how on earth are PAOK, PAO or AEK going to win the title ?  I just don't see it happening, although it would be nice to see a different team win the title for the first time in 187,000 years.

It's a tall order no doubt but not impossible.

Firstly build a side good enough to surpass any malicious behaviour.

Oly not spending to their potential to increase the gap between the sides (because they feel they don't have to because they have EPO in check), should come as some encouragement.

Also let's see what tigris brings to the table, he has the potential to shake things up.

^^^if only winning the soupa league was so easy bro! ;)......Europe low money or not is very much essential! think of how our co efficient points will suffer if we drop even more...even winning the league will mean f all as will drop to being a weaker seed instead of strong in the champions path...as we speak the league is 13th in the rankings not looking good...next years champions will even have a tricky challenge to qualify for the champions league and yes this means playing again at the end of july which the gls structure-format is all wrong for!

Terrible terrible game all around enough said !!

The other guy is celebrating his victorious pick, as he was also ready to celebrate Abeid not signing for PAO ...looking for me like I predicted any other score or any kind of victory for our team ?? Really weird stuff

How low can you get

• Like it 1

Terrible terrible game all around enough said !!

The other guy is celebrating his victorious pick, as he was also ready to celebrate Abeid not signing for PAO ...looking for me like I predicted any other score or any kind of victory for our team ?? Really weird stuff

How low can you get

It was a tongue in cheek comment....

Dont take things so personally