Phantis Forums

Europa Play-Offs PAO-Qabala 2nd leg 27/08/2015 21:00

Character building win. players gave it their all. You feel that we deserved a better scoreline but under the circumstances, a good result.

Anastasiou first 20 min epic fail, for the resulting 70 astute coaching.

Conservative, clever football. The second half is an example of how to play in europe ( backline preferably not as deep but same philosophy).

Steele never lets that goal in trust me he commands his box Kotzolis as other Greek keepers really bad on crosses/corners

With Sanchez out for next game who goes plays cb 30/Koutroubi popo that is scary

It's a silly goal, simply no communication between wemmer and kotsolis. But the keeper has to take the initiative with a cross like that so close to the goal.

Indeed a conundrum. You will never see 30 as comfortable in a system than today but you can't defend so deep for 90min. Probably go koutroubi, less error prone. Better with the ball at his feet. Also he is not a midfielder.

Was a shame to see ninis getting dragged at HT, especially after he seemed to be playing with a huge amount of confidence, but decisions like that need to be made when red cards occur.

It's a shame because this was ninis best european performance since that roma game. After the red, I thought he might go a 4-4-1 , with ninis playing of berg. But with a 4-3-2, there is more balance, it keeps the opposition centre backs in check. Also karelis works hard off the ball.

Sanchez is nothing special, he is a typical beta quality La Liga CB. Clumsy in the tackle, excellent passer.

Worse player for me has been Zeca, just can't get the ball under control and offering no cover. I see why the EPO wanted him in the setup now. 

Fitness of the team looks poor also. Zeca looked gassed and was blowing hard after 10 minutes. 

Defensivly Sanchez has left a lot to be desired. I can't tell you how vital it is to have a ball playing centre halve though.

I don't get your assessment of Zeca. He chased down everything. I don't think i've ever seen zeca blow hard, guy is an athlete. If you are expecting him to help our attack build up, forget about it, he never developed that part of his game.

Zeca is horrible today

Off the ball or with the ball? Limited offensively, but none the less a valuable member of the squad.

kotzio is so ###### bad!!!!

He saved us on two occasions. The guy is great shot stopper. I like how he didn't move for that counter after ajagajun gave the ball away. Let's hope steel is back for game two though. Brugge noticed kotsolis weakness with the air balls.

Can someone explain to me how stupid that defender of yours who got 2 Yellows is ? I thought he was considered pretty solid, and at 29 , comming from La Liga, those mistakes are unexpected.

Actually those la liga games are full of cautions.

if you had of offered me a 0-0 before the game I would of taken it,2-1 is a good result ,know they have to win,we go through with a draw and a win we are in poll position.

anyone bagging zeka needs to have their head examined.

karelis is awesome ,great penalty under pressure and huge work rate.

we can beat them in Belgium.

• Like it 1

Again, certain players should never start or play many minutes on this team.

If they play with no mental errors or silly mistakes, PAO can do very well this season.

Well said and determination goes a long way. We wanted it more.

Ajagajun offers nothing. At least 30 can offer some value when defending deep but he to, has to go.

Koutroubis is not starting material. This was the first time i saw him in the midfield but i never believed the hype because it's koutroubis! I've made my mind about him a long time ago.

Lagos was very good today but it helped that he had support. He thrives when he has assistance but cannot play as a single holder. We need essien to come in and be everything we had hoped.

Val Zeca was off in the first half of the game he had a heavy touch on the ball... 2nd half he played very well and was all over the pitch

just to clarify for you

He didn't start well, but the system didn't do him justice, didn't do anyone. The persistence with the 4-2-2-2 almost cost us. Changes came quickly and things improved for zeca and co. He finsihed the first half strong, closed down space, protected his full back. I can't ask for more.

@Asteras, what did you think of pranjic?