Phantis Forums

2015-2016 Superleague General News

Blackhawk

@Pontos: Sorry to bring you the bad news. Hope you can change the date.

@Original 21: www.fcpaok.net and it is usual in Greece, because everybody has to vote in his hometown so there is always a mass migration those day as nobody registres as an inhabitant of his new town but stays registred in the chorio. 

as I copy and paste the site I see that the Barbatov-deal is a fact. Even Dutch soccersites talk about it (and the fact that Arnesen is overruled by Savvidis who completed the deal himself) 

is anyone else seeing savvidis patting arnesen on the back and saying 'asto se mena mikre' then turning to Berbatov as he pulls out his wallet 'how much for cash?'

It was reported that Arnesen is still under contract with Danish television to commentate the National Team games....so maybe that played on role on his availability for last minute negotiations?  Considering Berbatov was reportedly AT Aston Villa's training ground ready to sign, it could have been considered a dead deal when Arnesen left.

Who knows?  The deal got done, and Berbatov, if healthy and ready to contribute, is not a player that a coach of technical director can actually say anything about.  I like to work in analogies.  If you're job is to pick which liquors a bar will serve, and then your boss shows up with a case of Johnny Blue Label, you shake his hand, thank him and keep it moving.

• Like it 1

Are we certain Arnesen was side stepped ?  If so, well, that's not a good precedent.

Yesterday they told the reporters that Arnesen left Thessaloniki for Austria in order to fulfill his duties as a commentator for the Danish NT TV broadcast. Instead he was in England putting the finishing touches on the Berbatov deal. At least that's what I heard on radio this morning.

Also it is reported that we somehow managed to change the list of players for the Europa League, which now includes Berbatov as well. That is great news in itself.

^ I saw, in passing, an article that was tweeted by one of the PAOK-centric sites that basically said Arnesen was on an unexpected/unannounced trip. This was, I think, the day before Berbatov rumors went nuts. This would 100% fit that. It would also perversely make me feel a lot better to know that Arnesen had a hand in this signing, as we've had enough "going-behind-the-back" stuff around this club.

• Like it 1

It's such a shame. We hear about this kind of stuff way too often. Had it been diagnosed, he most likely could have continued and had a long career. I'm completely ignorant of what would lead to this diagnosis too; clearly it's beyond the physicals players usually go through? Krima.

It's such a shame. We hear about this kind of stuff way too often. Had it been diagnosed, he most likely could have continued and had a long career. I'm completely ignorant of what would lead to this diagnosis too; clearly it's beyond the physicals players usually go through? Krima.

I would assume that had he been bought by another club they would have given him the standard heart test, but as he was a youth player of theirs he wouldn't get one in order to be promoted to the senior team

• 2 weeks later...

Xanthi currently level with Olympiakos 1-1 at home. Could they snag some points from yet another of the big 4 this season?

-edit- thank goodness I wrote that, now Olympiakos woke up and is currently 3-1. You're welcome, Oly.

• Like it 1