Phantis Forums

2015-2016 Superleague General News

Blackhawk

You can look at it both ways. If you win most of those games, you are in good shape. If not it's shitty as you say.

The main thing is for the team to show up and give their best. If we do that we will be ok.

• Like it 2

I hope they give their best and not only till christmas like last year.

It would be shittier if it were game 1-6 (like Platanias has now) and getting only one point or so....

Why is the Greek system always like this?

They call it a "klirosi " but in fact it is a standard format with everybody playing the big teams in a row. Last year Niki Volou happened to play Gavros, Atromitos or Asteras (I forgot which of those two) and than PAOK in the first three games. They lost all three and the president (what a brainless moron) sacked the coach because he expected more points........

I don't mind that the games are all together.  The only part that is a worry is that we play the "big 3" all at Toumba in the 1st round.  Hopefully they don't get carried away at Round 8 if we happen to near the top of the ladder with "we're going to win the title" vlakies.

After you play the big 3 in the 2nd round, and if near the top, then you can start talking.  Until then, pexte bala!

• Like it 1

You can look at it both ways. If you win most of those games, you are in good shape. If not it's shitty as you say.

The main thing is for the team to show up and give their best. If we do that we will be ok.

couldn't agree more with you @Blackhawk. well said.

Look everybody has difficult stretches. We're talking about the same think in the PAO section. The league has relatively few teams, and I heard that on purpose they don't want to have big-team games the first couple weeks of the new season. There aren't that many weeks available.

We'll see each other on the 8th week. I think gavroi are not going to be as strong this new season as the last one. I think PAO will be a contender and hopefully PAOK, but you guys choked last year. 5 points clear of gavroi and having beaten them at their home.... and then finished horribly!

For my team, I don't mind the big games bunched together. These pros should not get tired. Actually big games should focus their minds. Injuries are a factor but they can happen all the time. The problem with our 2 teams is that they drop too many points where they shouldn't (with lesser teams). PAO is notorious for this. If the league had only the top 5-6 teams, PAO would have won it comfortably last year.

Anyway, good luck to you.

Why is the Greek system always like this?

They call it a "klirosi " but in fact it is a standard format with everybody playing the big teams in a row.

The draw is set up to mostly benefit the big teams. For example it is set in a way so there is no chance of having one of the so-called "derbies" in the first 4 to 5 rounds. I would not have any problems seeing an Olympiakos - PAO or PAOK- AEK matchups in Round 1 of Superleague.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Matchday 4 is postponed due to the general elections in Greece on the 20th of september.

The game against AEK now will be played in the weekend of 26/27 september.

This should be an advantage for us as we play Qabala on the 17th for EL in Azerbaidjan and have to travel a lot.

You have to be kidding me, please tell me that's not official. I leave Greece on the 25th, the AEK game was the only game in Toumba I was able to attend. Going to have to delay my return flight, anyone know what fees/charges are involved for changing dates with Emirates?

Edited by Pontos

Matchday 4 is postponed due to the general elections in Greece on the 20th of september.

The game against AEK now will be played in the weekend of 26/27 september.

This should be an advantage for us as we play Qabala on the 17th for EL in Azerbaidjan and have to travel a lot.

Where did you read this? I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

@Pontos: Sorry to bring you the bad news. Hope you can change the date.

@Original 21: www.fcpaok.net and it is usual in Greece, because everybody has to vote in his hometown so there is always a mass migration those day as nobody registres as an inhabitant of his new town but stays registred in the chorio. 

as I copy and paste the site I see that the Barbatov-deal is a fact. Even Dutch soccersites talk about it (and the fact that Arnesen is overruled by Savvidis who completed the deal himself) 

Edited by Dutch Eagle