Phantis Forums

2015-2016 Pre-Season training news

Blackhawk

I remember those comments coinciding with the news we'd signed Charisis (unofficially). Pelkas may have felt like he wasn't needed in Thessaloniki and was better off staying in Portugal after a good season there. I read Sporting Lisbon were trying to do backdoor deals with Vitoria Setubal in acquiring Pelkas, that may have been a tempting option. However I think the positivity and faith in Pelkas shown by a new coach would've been enough to boost his morale and have him stay in Thessaloniki. Hoping to here more good news about his development in the future.

Our starting lineup vs Bochum:

CJZYAmlUwAApmPf.jpg

Tudor loves that 3-CB back line, huh? I'm surprised Tzavellas keeps starting.

I like that pairing of Lucas and Pereyra up front. Overall, this is a much better lineup than what we had most of last year.

Major defensive problems. What a joke of a goal the 3rd one by Bochum. Hopefully that's not the Olson we expect to see in the future.

Six goals in first half and five scored by PAOK players.

I am impressed by Pelkas so far.

Edited by Blackhawk

I watched the second half on a stream, clearly I watched the wrong half. As the commentator said - it's easy to get used to losing, and we clearly still have this issue.

The result does not mean anything. It's what the coach and the technical director do as a result of the serious issues that the team has. I am sure that after this pre-season training is done, some players will get the walking papers.

One more friendly before the European match. Let's see what happens.

The pleasant surprises so far are Pelkas and Charisis. Hopefully we can extend Pelkas's contract.

1272979.jpg?itok=MW_OsdPY

Edited by Blackhawk

Somebody is trying to make some kind of a political statement. The way I understand it is that they are calling Kaufmann a m#$%! because he could not shoot straight.

The team for the second half (I'm guessing on positions, my stream wasn't great, I could barely make people out):

--Glykos--

--Skondras--Papagiannopoulos--Pouggouras--Korovesis--

--Tziolis--Kace--

--Savvidis--Charisis--Mistakidis--

--Salpi--

PAOK tweeting some responses from Tudor to fan questions. Said they had a discussion with Lucas, and now he's "changed this thoughts," working hard, and will be important for us. We'll see how much of that holds up.