Phantis Forums
Blackhawk

PAOK FC Head Coach (Razvan Lucescu)

Does anyone know what the contract terms for Stajonevic were ?  I believe it was 1+1 so we only have to pay him out for 1 year.  Not a bad payout for Stajonevic for 56 days work.  Any idea what his yearly salary was ?

On 8/12/2017 at 1:10 AM, italosPAOK4 said:

what about oliempiakos coach..... is he staying much longer? :cool:

welcome and good luck Lucescu !

I apologise for being so wrong....Early August!!

Rumors are that PAOK will offer Lucescu a new contract until 2021, including a 30% raise, which will pay him around 600K per season.

This would be the first time in how many years we have a manager for more than one season ?!

I think this is a solid move by the club.  Rasvan seems to have the club room and that is half the battle.

55 minutes ago, Bananas said:

This would be the first time in how many years we have a manager for more than one season ?!

I think this is a solid move by the club.  Rasvan seems to have the club room and that is half the battle.

don't jinx it

PRETTY FRIGGIN' IMPRESSIVE, EH?

Give the guy the raise. He's refused to comment on it, but we have him for another year regardless. I'm sure that 600k also does not include bonuses for any titles we win, as well (though I don't recall what he was offered in case of winning the title, cup, or group/knockout stages of EL last season).

Very, very happy with this coach.

Happy to eat humble pie when it comes to Lucescu. Thought he wasn't the right move. Have been proven wrong and happily so. Although I will reiterate the thing I was against, and still am is instability. Razvan came in and had a great season despite coming in so late, credit to him.

If we can hang onto our core and a with few more signings we should be starting as favourites to win the league/having a run in Europe. 

I’ve been very impressed with him.  Not so much the tactics as that is subjective anyway.  But the way he seems to have won over the players.  We should also note that he has the team playing at a good level more consistently than ... well ever.  There, now he’s jinxed.

Here's the biggest thing about the Lucescu-era PAOK. Before, we would occasionally beat big teams in the EL...but it would be a thrilling event that would rely on a moment of brilliance from one or two players to get the job done. It was the same thing for the GSL - many games that we should have easily won, would be very tight affairs.

Today, though, we don't see that. The team doesn't just try to overpower the opponent with one pacey winger or a good striker. They play with a system, attacking at the right time, defending at the right time. The team reacts quickly and effectively basically all the time, and even when they're down a goal, they don't panic. This, for me, is Lucescu's biggest achievement (even if you could say that Ivic had them playing similarly during his hot streak).

We have resigned Razvan until the end of next season (19-20) 

https://www.paokfc.gr/nea/20180827-lucescu-os-to-2020/

Can't help but think the extension is only for one year because Lucescu and his team could be anticipating offers from better leagues if he carries on his form with us and so far he's off to a brilliant start this season

• Like it 1

For sure. Guy is definitely going to try to make a big move, and I can't blame him. He has all the tools he needs to coast to some titles, must look great on the resume.

Good move. He'll be our coach for the next two seasons. Hopefully he will accomplish winning the Superleague and finally reach the groups stage of CL during those two remaining seasons. Lucescu taking over the team last season was the best thing that happened to the team.

BTW there is a 2 mil buyout clause in his new contract.

I agree Christo, but I also think that Estersund did us good also. We got a few decent players right after that elimination. Unless we would be getting them anyway.

Πώς βλέπετε τον Ράζβαν παιδιά; Εγώ νομίζω ότι η Ευρωπαϊκή αποτυχία κλόνισε πολύ την εικόνα που είχε. Το πώς θα εμφανιστεί η ομάδα στον δεύτερο γύρο θα κρίνει σε μεγάλο βαθμό αν θα μείνει και μετά το τέλος της φετινής χρονιάς στην ομάδα.

A football coach here once said:

"There are two types of coaches, those who have been sacked and those about to be sacked"

I see Razvan as being stubborn and pig headed but liked by the majority of the squad. He is what we need right now, but I think over time he will start to annoy the players and it will lead to him being shown the door.

I can't see him making it to the end of next season.

I think it's really simple.  If he doesn't win the league, he'll be sacked.  The pressure is now on because of the +8.  If we were say +2 or -2 and he just missed out then he might be kept, but because of the +8, he has to win.  After that, it depends on how the title is won.  If we make it by the skin of our teeth he might still be sacked.

Having said all that, I'm neither here nor there about Razvan.  I think he's good, solid and realistically what manager can we get that is better and that will come to us ?  We have to be realistic.  When you compare him to the managers we've had in the previous 5 seasons he is much better overall.  Hiring managers is such an unknown quantity.

Τα έχουμε πεί φίλε. Χαλίφης ο Ιβαν.

YEAH POST PICTURES OF HIM BEING A MEANIEEE YEAHHHH

• Like it 1
  • Haha 1

Τζατζίκι, νόμιζα είσαι χαλαρός Ολυμπιακός. Τι εννοείς ποιητή με αυτές τις φώτο;