Phantis Forums
Blackhawk

PAOK FC Head Coach (Razvan Lucescu)

BostonThanatos    454

Wow...Unbelievably underwhelmed by this garbage pick.  I hope I'm wrong but this guy has the most unimpressive resume I've seen in a while.  I'd rather we rehired Aggelo, or even Beretta, lol.

How the fvck do you expect to be taken seriously when you say you want the championship with garbage moves like this?  I see the next 2 years going down the drain....like the last 5.

Edited by BostonThanatos

paokarag4    164

it is disappointing, at the same time who else was there that would come? For me understanding Greek football is a must when moving to coach in the country, I think we should have looked local, would have got someone with a similar resume and someone who knows what football in Greece is all about...

Anyways time will reveal if this guy is any good, i hope im wrong but im not holding my breath

pash    1,245

He's about what I expected. If his philosophy is similar to Ivic's, then hopefully he will slot right in and be fine. I'm reading that his contract may be similar to Ivic's (a 1 + 1), so it's entirely possible that Michel will be using him as a stop gap while he lines up someone better for next season.

Honestly - with that team, any idiot should be able to coach them to a top three season. For me, as long as he gets the respect of the players and Michel continues with decent signings, we'll be fine.

Barcelona4    27

Afiste tis gkrinies epitelous vre

Oloi osoi ton gnorizoun lene oti einai eksairetikos proponitis. Edo o Ivic den eixe katholou empiria kai mas pire to kypello, o Stanojevic exei parei protathlimata kai kypello me Partizan, exei paiksei Champions League, kai akoma milate dixos na ton gnorizete.

Kathiste na doume. 

• Thanks 1

Blackhawk    798

Good choice in my opinion. We know that big names can't make it at PAOK. The way I see it is just continuation of work that Ivic started. Since we could not continue with Ivic Stanojevic appears to be a sensible choice to continue Ivic's work. I just hope the front office and fans give him the support so he can do his work.

BTW, he was Zvonimir Vukic that had a hand in bringing him to PAOK.

pash    1,245

^ Agreed

Some vids released by the team:

BostonThanatos    454
1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

I just hope the front office and fans give him the support so he can do his work.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH That's a good one, BH......

After further thought, I don't hate the choice....I'm just sick of every time we get a new coach and you look at their resume, they have a list of 10 teams, with 1 year at each.  I don't want a fly-by-night coach, who's track record shows no experience in developing a team.  That's a legitimate reason for the "grinia".  Some smart guy said "Insanity is doing the same thing every day and expecting a different outcome."   

Blackhawk    798

I understand what you are saying, but in reality every approach we have taken in the past 6 years has failed. The ideal situation would have been for ivic to continue as a coach, but all of a sudden he wanted more control and demanded things that Savvidis could not really agree to.

Of course everything will depend on how the team performs. Ivic left the team with some decent accomplishments (Greek Cup, Round of 32 in EL and 3 points behind the league winner). If he can repeat that and improve on any of these, his first season will be success.

Now that we have a coach, let's hope that Ivan puts his hand in the pocket and bring in 2 or 3 good players to give him the tools to accomplish some of the goals.

pash    1,245

He's the one who chose to leave. Haven't we had this exact same discussion about players leaving?

jvc    752

^^This league is a complete joke!  PAO, AEK and PAOK are a circus....Olympiacos is slowly catching up. Lol

RED SHERIFF    661
7 minutes ago, pash said:

He's the one who chose to leave. Haven't we had this exact same discussion about players leaving?

yeah...but why??

I say because Uncle Ivan did not want to run the club like a professional 21st century football club...

PAOKSYD    121

So Ivan because hes russian is a moron? 

Yet all his staff across all boards are paid on time and in full..... 

Dutch Eagle    615

I can not rate our new coach but I don't like it in general to give a coach a 3-years contract. Especially in Greece where the avarage expiration date of coaches is low (last season 7 coaches were sacked officially, 5 coaches were sacked but that was called in mutual consent).

I keep my fingers crossed. 

Tzatziki    522
On 6/16/2017 at 8:00 PM, jvc said:

^^This league is a complete joke!  PAO, AEK and PAOK are a circus....Olympiacos is slowly catching up. Lol

PAO might be a circus I don't know, AEK i am not sure, PAOK and OLY are far from a circus....keep drinking the kool aid though

Nea Bafra    159
11 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

PAO might be a circus I don't know, AEK i am not sure, PAOK and OLY are far from a circus....keep drinking the kool aid though

that's right, we might be a bourdello but we ain't no tsirko

jvc    752
12 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

Yes Tzatziki....KALA TA PAME.  Lol

jvc    752
1 hour ago, Nea Bafra said:

that's right, we might be a bourdello but we ain't no tsirko

Lol

Tzatziki    522
12 hours ago, jvc said:

Yes Tzatziki....KALA TA PAME.  Lol

PAOK (and OLY) ta pane mia xara JVC, books are balanced, players get paid, if we could just get some coaching stability for a change, we could make the move to that next level IMO.

jvc    752

^^The league is not stable....PAOK will not get to the next level without the CL cash....they will never compete there,  and if Olympiakos stays out,  will shrink every year.

BostonThanatos    454

This year is huge for the future of our league.  We need all the teams in Europe to have some good showings and accumulate some points to get us back up in the rankings.  I'll be cheering for all the Greek teams in Europe this year.

Bananas    976
On 6/19/2017 at 10:32 PM, BostonThanatos said:

This year is huge for the future of our league.  We need all the teams in Europe to have some good showings and accumulate some points to get us back up in the rankings.  I'll be cheering for all the Greek teams in Europe this year.

Don't see us doing any better than previous seasons.  AEK hopefully can make it to the group stages and PAO also but it won't be easy.  PAO are losing all their best players.