Phantis Forums

PAOK FC Head Coach (Razvan Lucescu)

Blackhawk

Unbelievable.  I wonder what it is that Ivic wanted.  I mean, he had the support of the club, he had a decent transfer budget and I assume his salary would've been adequate.  If Ivic suddenly signs with another team that would explain it I suppose.  We shall see ...

He was reportedly offered $600K/year (double his previous salary) and turned it down.  If he felt he was worth more and gets it, more power to him.

If we don't have a new coach and at least 2 new signings by the time the teams heads over for training, you can flush another season down the drain.

Also, Savvidis Jr posted a cryptic message on Instagram about sinking a ship to get rid of the rats, or something like that, that assumed to be aimed towards Ivic.  That kid really needs to stop posting on Instagram....he just looks like an idiot sometimes.

Edited by BostonThanatos
  • Like it 1

The 600K figure came from the Metrosport Media group, which has proven to have a very anti-PAOK bias. I don't really believe any of the media speculations because I don't think they have a clue what really happened. I think Lubos Michel came out and explained the reasons. I will believe him before I believe any of the unfounded rumors from all the media.

My own speculation is that Ivic's brother will try and bring him to Olympiakos, because I don't think the Albanian coach they got will last more thank 3 months. 

8 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

I think Lubos Michel came out and explained the reasons. I will believe him before I believe any of the unfounded rumors from all the media.

What did Lubos Michel say were the seasons ?

8 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

My own speculation is that Ivic's brother will try and bring him to Olympiakos, because I don't think the Albanian coach they got will last more thank 3 months. 

Seems a bit of a stretch or at the very least a risky roll of the dice.  So we're speculating that Ivic has left a guaranteed position at a club where for the most part he is loved, gets paid well, gets paid on time, has a decent transfer budget by GSL standards and has a good level of control over the team.  He has a solid core of players and has been promised 2 to 3 very solid signing to push for the title.  He leaves this in the hope that the current Olympiakos manager gets sacked and he then gets the position.  Even if it's the case that Ivic has a gentleman's agreement with Marinakis, who is to say that it will be stuck to when the time comes ?

It seems more likely to me that something happened (who the hell knows what) that left a really really really bad taste in Ivic's mouth that made him want to leave the club.  Because, right now, there is the possibility that he will never manage a club bigger than PAOK.  He may, but he also may not.

On a side note, if it so happens that Ivic does become the Olympiakos manager one day, he better wear a crash helmet to Toumba because there will be more than the one empty/half/full beer can thrown at him.

I don't see Ivic going to Olympiakos....stranger things have happened but I seriously doubt it.  Owners/Management need to choose it's next steps very wisely.  If they think they can tame the beast that is PAOKs "lao" with a cup, they're sadly mistaken.  The clock is ticking, and there is no solid solution in sight, just random names being spread every day with no real truth backing them. If there isn't any solid choice for coach made by weeks end, I see another year of last minute scrambling for players.

Σαββίδη ρίξε λεφτά να φέρεις σοβαρό προπονητή, αλλιώς καταστρέφεται η χρονιά πριν ακόμα ξεκινήσει! Τέτοια περίοδο δεν βρίσκεις προπονητή εκτός αν τα σκάσεις πολύύύ χοντρά!

15 hours ago, Bananas said:

What did Lubos Michel say were the seasons ?

Michel's words why Ivic did not want to continue at PAOK:

«Είναι αρκετά σημαντικό να καταλάβουν οι οπαδοί μας πως, εγώ η διοίκηση του ΠΑΟΚ και ο μεγαλομέτοχος της ομάδας Ιβάν Σαββίδης, κάναμε τα πάντα για να μείνει ο Ίβιτς, γιατί ήταν ένας πολύ καλός προπονητής.

Ο Βλάνταν είναι επαγγελματίας και θεωρώ πως είναι ένας από τους καλύτερους προπονητές που πέρασαν από τον ΠΑΟΚ.

Δεν ήθελε να συνεχίσει στον ΠΑΟΚ μετά από όσα έγιναν στο ελληνικό ποδόσφαιρο. Είναι ένας πολύ καθαρός άνθρωπος και δεν μπορεί να ανεχτεί όσα συμβαίνουν.

Ήταν πάντα απογοητευμένος από την διαιτησία και από όσα συμβαίνουν και ήξερε πως με αυτά τα δεδομένα ο ΠΑΟΚ δύσκολα θα κέρδιζε κάτι. Είμαι σίγουρος πως θα βρει προτάσεις στο μέλλον, είναι ένας πολύ καλός προπονητής με μία πολύ καλή σεζόν στον ΠΑΟΚ.

Θέλω να πω ότι δεν συμφωνώ με την απόφαση του, αλλά έπρεπε να την δεχτώ γιατί ήταν μια προσωπική του απόφαση. Πιστεύω πως το μέλλον του είναι λαμπρό και άρρηκτα συνδεδεμένο με τον ΠΑΟΚ.

Θα ήθελα πω στους οπαδούς μας και στην οικογένεια του ΠΑΟΚ να του δείξει τον απαιτούμενο σεβασμό γιατί του αξίζει. Ο Ίβιτς έδωσε πολλά στην ομάδα. Κατάφερε να φέρει και πάλι ισορροπία στα αποδυτήρια και επειδή ήταν γνώστης της ελληνικής πραγματικότητας, ήξερε πως να διαχειριστεί τους Έλληνες ποδοσφαιριστές που είχαμε στο ρόστερ μας. Διαχειρίστηκε άψογα τα αποδυτήρια και έκανε την ομάδα μία οικογένεια.

Επίσης, θέλω να τονίσω πως εγώ, η διοίκηση του ΠΑΟΚ, αλλά και ο Ιβάν Σαββίδης ευχόμαστε καλή επιτυχία στον Βλάνταν Ίβιτς στην συνέχεια της καριέρας του.

Όσα έγιναν και έφεραν το… διαζύγιο ανάμεσα στις δύο πλευρές δεν έχουν καμία σχέση με το οικονομικό, αλλά με τα όσα εξήγησα νωρίτερα.

According to rumors Michel is in Portugal talking to Boavista coach Miguel Leal about the PAOK coaching position. We would have to pay 250K to Boavista for breaking his current contract with them. 

I thought I knew this guy's name, but must be thinking of another Leal. This guy doesn't have that impressive of a resume. 250k to break a contract, though, is at least pretty cheap...

Michel did not even make the trip to Portugal. After attending a coaching seminar in Italy he returned to Thessaloniki. Yesterday I was listening to Metropolis Radio and this PAOK reporter (Petrotos) was on the air giving all the details how Michel is meeting Leal as we speak and that the only stumbling block is the 250K buyout clause in his contract that PAOK has no problem of paying. At the same time as Petrotos was presenting the fake news on the radio, Michel was probably relaxing at some Thessaloniki bar drinking cocktails. 

Ποιος Πετρωτός ρε Χρήστο; Είμαστε σοβαροί; Ζούνε από τον ΠΑΟΚ αυτοί οι άνθρωποι που αν δεν υπήρχε ο ΠΑΟΚ θα ζητιανεύανε στα φανάρια; Δε τον ξέρω τον άνθρωπο, αλλά πιο πολλές πιθανότητες έχω εγώ να γίνω αστροναύτης από το να γίνουν αυτοί οι τυχάρπαστοι ρεπόρτερ.

• Haha 1

Wow...Unbelievably underwhelmed by this garbage pick.  I hope I'm wrong but this guy has the most unimpressive resume I've seen in a while.  I'd rather we rehired Aggelo, or even Beretta, lol.

How the fvck do you expect to be taken seriously when you say you want the championship with garbage moves like this?  I see the next 2 years going down the drain....like the last 5.

Edited by BostonThanatos

it is disappointing, at the same time who else was there that would come? For me understanding Greek football is a must when moving to coach in the country, I think we should have looked local, would have got someone with a similar resume and someone who knows what football in Greece is all about...

Anyways time will reveal if this guy is any good, i hope im wrong but im not holding my breath

He's about what I expected. If his philosophy is similar to Ivic's, then hopefully he will slot right in and be fine. I'm reading that his contract may be similar to Ivic's (a 1 + 1), so it's entirely possible that Michel will be using him as a stop gap while he lines up someone better for next season.

Honestly - with that team, any idiot should be able to coach them to a top three season. For me, as long as he gets the respect of the players and Michel continues with decent signings, we'll be fine.

Afiste tis gkrinies epitelous vre

Oloi osoi ton gnorizoun lene oti einai eksairetikos proponitis. Edo o Ivic den eixe katholou empiria kai mas pire to kypello, o Stanojevic exei parei protathlimata kai kypello me Partizan, exei paiksei Champions League, kai akoma milate dixos na ton gnorizete.

Kathiste na doume. 

• Thanks 1

Good choice in my opinion. We know that big names can't make it at PAOK. The way I see it is just continuation of work that Ivic started. Since we could not continue with Ivic Stanojevic appears to be a sensible choice to continue Ivic's work. I just hope the front office and fans give him the support so he can do his work.

BTW, he was Zvonimir Vukic that had a hand in bringing him to PAOK.

• Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK FC Head Coach (?)
  • Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK FC Head Coach (Razvan Lucescu)