Phantis Forums

3 hours ago, nasl said:

(Skibbe) generally speaking tried to put the best players on the field .

He has gotten the best results from the last 6 coaches to date because he understood this.

IF this current coach does not understand this the losses will keep coming and he will be gone soon.

Frankly not having Mitroglou on the bench in a must win set of games is a joke.

Greece needs a real coach who understands what strategy , tactics , and the best player selection

we need on the international level.

We played our best possible players under Ranieri and Markarian. Look what happened. Skibbe played Tziolis, Tzavellas and Maniatis altogether against Croatia where we got smashed. That was the worst thing he could’ve done. With Manolas suspended it didn’t help. If was available in that 1st leg I firmly believe we would’ve a better chance in the 2nd leg. Anastasiadis played completely differently each ups each time. Played Fortounis ST and Siovas DM against Italy. Didn’t make sense then doesn’t make sense now. With Vant Schipt, I can’t argue with the line ups he put. He benched Kourbelis and Kolovos and rightfully so. He clearly believes the youth can outshine some of the current played and so he should. And so do I. Samaris and Torosidis should be the veterans that should be dropped.

• Like it 1

So, Skibbe put the best players on the field...Tzioli$ his love child, Mantalos and Bakasetas as wingmen.  No Fetfa etc..Man we have amnesia nowdays!

• Like it 1

There was no shame in  losing to Croatia , remember they were runner ups for the world cup ?

Also i said he generally but the best players  , but either way his results were much better than

the others . Keep in mind his results were taking over a side that lost twice to Faroe islands.

Lets see what happens against Italy and Bosnia if the same type of lineup gets played.