Phantis Forums

PAOK History in Europe

Blackhawk

You play at home unless there are COVID-19 related airtraffic problems that prevent the awayteam going to country x. As Greece is also one of the neutrals (good joke BTW: Rizoupoli is also one of the 7 Greek appointed venues that are appropriate according to UEFA) I see no problem playing at Toumba.

Important game that we need to win just to secure EL group stage spot.

Besiktas lost several key players in recent days. Also their first training session for next season was today, which should give us some advantage.

56 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Important game that we need to win just to secure EL group stage spot.

Besiktas lost several key players in recent days. Also their first training session for next season was today, which should give us some advantage.

Who did they lose??

Saw a few retweets of Turkish sports sites saying there's a good chance that the game will be played on neutral ground, though a recent post by inPAOK seems to say otherwise. I guess we'll see.

If we play in Greece θα εχουμε επεισοδια win or lose.  i see a euro-ban on the horizon.☠️☠️☠️

im hoping itll be played somewhere else.  can we make some phone calls and get it played in like romania or serbia or something?

They all do, I believe all the big Turkish teams are under third party administration of their finances. The Turkish league is about to implode (which will make them extra desperate for this CL money, as it could make or break their season).

the PAOK FC tweet about this game is a s%$#! show of turkish propaganda. do these guys keep a massive folder of kemal pictures on hand or something?

i especially like the tweets from some of them teasing us about them beating oly 4-1. they really don't understand greek football

Is there an actual worry about the turf not being ready? It feels like three or four weeks should be more than adequate (they started like the day after the team left for training right?)

• 2 weeks later...

Draw for CL Q3 is Monday August 31st. Only 1 leg. First drawn club plays at home.

We are unseeded. The seeded teams are: Benfica, Dinamo Kyiv and AA Gent. 

I would rather not have Benfica again. So for for me one of the other two.

The draw for CL Q4 (or officially PO) is made on september 1st. Benfica and Dinamo (or their conquerors) are seeded, Gent (or the conqueror) and Krasnodar are unseeded. There is a restriction: The Ruski's can not be drawn with the Ukrainian side due to the tensions between the two countries. So the paring is Benfica-Krasnodar and Dinamo-Gent or their conquerors. There will be two legs in PO. Draw determines who plays home first. 

17 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Draw for CL Q3 is Monday August 31st. Only 1 leg. First drawn club plays at home.

We are unseeded. The seeded teams are: Benfica, Dinamo Kyiv and AA Gent. 

I would rather not have Benfica again. So for for me one of the other two.

The draw for CL Q4 (or officially PO) is made on september 1st. Benfica and Dinamo (or their conquerors) are seeded, Gent (or the conqueror) and Krasnodar are unseeded. There is a restriction: The Ruski's can not be drawn with the Ukrainian side due to the tensions between the two countries. So the paring is Benfica-Krasnodar and Dinamo-Gent or their conquerors. There will be two legs in PO. Draw determines who plays home first. 

So if we are seeded with Dinamo and win, we play the winner of Gent v ______

We stand no chance against Benfica, and if we play like yesterday we have no chance against Kiev either. 

For that reason I prefer Gent which is the easiest opponent, specially if we play them at Toumba. If we qualify to the playoffs, we get an extra 5 mil in prize money, which might be our real goal anyway, and then have a better fighting chance in a 2-game series in the playoffs.

Where are you getting this 5mm in prize money for just reaching the playoffs? I see 480k earned by winning round 3, in addition to the 280k we earned yesterday.

https://www.sportekz.com/football/uefa-champions-league-prize-money/

-edit- I'm guessing you're adding to this the EL group stage monies? That would be just shy of 3mm, so presumably washing out at the playoffs would net us around 3.7mm up to that point?

Edited by pash

Did some more research on the subject ...

For reaching the EL group stage we are getting the following:

€ 2,920,000 - for making the group stage of EL
€ 2,777,130 - coefficient payment (based on 5-year coefficient in UEFA standings)
€ 2,000,000 (minimum) - 5,692,130 (maximum) - market pool (based on how many Greek teams make the group stage

So far we have € 7,697,130 guaranteed

If we qualify to the CL playoff round (and lose) we will receive an additional € 5,000,000

In group stage we will also receive € 570,000 for each win and € 190,000 for each tie. If we win the group we will get extra € 1,000,000. If we finish 2nd we will get € 500,000

If by any miracle we make the CL group stage we will make a lot of money. We will revisit this if it happens.

• Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

• Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK History in Europe