Jump to content
Phantis Forums
Reaper

NT Coaches

Recommended Posts

On 8/5/2019 at 3:41 AM, Dean97 said:

I’m not really interested in reading his history, I’m more interested in reading what he plans on doing with the team and which players he prefers. He likes playing attacking football something which the team needs to be doing more of in my opinion so we should see.

Since he loves attacking style then let's see if he brings in Fetfa? 

Was Van't Ship scouting the PAOK game today vs his favourite Ajax? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the new coach not had a press conference? They play in less then a month are they not going to introduce the coach and hear what the guy has to say about his plan with the team??

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm keeping an open mind in regards to this coach....it doesn't take a footballing genius to do the obvious in regards to selections and team strategy. If he can evaluate the players in an honest manner and make unbiased choices in his selections that will be the first step and he seems to be really studying the available options.

Midfield is where the real difference will be shown in regards to how he wants to play. That will determine whether the team will be able to play with pace and attack or if we will be sitting back and defending for 90 minutes. Personally I would put Mantalos smack dab in the center of the pitch so he can transition the play. He works hard and while he's not the player he used to be before the injuries he would be a better choice than Bouchalakis, or Taxtzidis who are too slow (defending or attacking) for any modern attacking game...or we can go with 3 DMs as usual and try to slow down the game and not give up any goals which hasn't worked for us in a long, long time.

Either way I'm curious to see what players he selects....that will also show how much meddling is going on behind the scenes and if he will be working independently or if he is listening to the little voices whispering in his ear.

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AchillesHeel said:

I'm keeping an open mind in regards to this coach....it doesn't take a footballing genius to do the obvious in regards to selections and team strategy. If he can evaluate the players in an honest manner and make unbiased choices in his selections that will be the first step and he seems to be really studying the available options.

Midfield is where the real difference will be shown in regards to how he wants to play. That will determine whether the team will be able to play with pace and attack or if we will be sitting back and defending for 90 minutes. Personally I would put Mantalos smack dab in the center of the pitch so he can transition the play. He works hard and while he's not the player he used to be before the injuries he would be a better choice than Bouchalakis, or Taxtzidis who are too slow (defending or attacking) for any modern attacking game...or we can go with 3 DMs as usual and try to slow down the game and not give up any goals which hasn't worked for us in a long, long time.

Either way I'm curious to see what players he selects....that will also show how much meddling is going on behind the scenes and if he will be working independently or if he is listening to the little voices whispering in his ear.

thats what I've been saying!!!!! It doesn't take a genius! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AchillesHeel said:

I'm keeping an open mind in regards to this coach....it doesn't take a footballing genius to do the obvious in regards to selections and team strategy. If he can evaluate the players in an honest manner and make unbiased choices in his selections that will be the first step and he seems to be really studying the available options.

Midfield is where the real difference will be shown in regards to how he wants to play. That will determine whether the team will be able to play with pace and attack or if we will be sitting back and defending for 90 minutes. Personally I would put Mantalos smack dab in the center of the pitch so he can transition the play. He works hard and while he's not the player he used to be before the injuries he would be a better choice than Bouchalakis, or Taxtzidis who are too slow (defending or attacking) for any modern attacking game...or we can go with 3 DMs as usual and try to slow down the game and not give up any goals which hasn't worked for us in a long, long time.

Either way I'm curious to see what players he selects....that will also show how much meddling is going on behind the scenes and if he will be working independently or if he is listening to the little voices whispering in his ear.

Yes hopefully he goes with the players he feels are in best form and can play the style of football he desires. I have a feeling we will see Fetfa get a call up in September. 

It just sucks that the one guy we don't have available is Fortounis. He would be able to carve the Finns open with his dribbling and passing abilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 8:52 AM, J1078 said:

Has the new coach not had a press conference? They play in less then a month are they not going to introduce the coach and hear what the guy has to say about his plan with the team??

I was looking a few days ago for a press conference but didn't see anything. He has said that he will play open attacking football. Our group of players is not capable of playing Dutch "total football" even though personally I'm a huge fan of that style. 

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Fortounis is a great player don’t get me wrong but he definitely is slow and his stamina isn’t good enough. If he improved his fitness levels and try running more and harder than we will see an even better player. 

Fetfatzidis is a faster player mentally and physically. He can get the ball and create magic. I keep repeating myself but it is what it is. As far Mantalos goes I’d like to see him carry the same form to the national team. I think we will see a 4-3-3. Something is telling me that this is the formation we will be going with. 

I hope he doesn’t go with a Samaris, Kourbelis and Zeca trio. I hope he plays 2 faster attacking minded mids like Pelkas. 

I wonder if he will play actual wingers? Fetfatzidis and Masouras at the moment are in good form.

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Fortounis is a great player don’t get me wrong but he definitely is slow and his stamina isn’t good enough. If he improved his fitness levels and try running more and harder than we will see an even better player. 

Fetfatzidis is a faster player mentally and physically. He can get the ball and create magic. I keep repeating myself but it is what it is. As far Mantalos goes I’d like to see him carry the same form to the national team. I think we will see a 4-3-3. Something is telling me that this is the formation we will be going with. 

I hope he doesn’t go with a Samaris, Kourbelis and Zeca trio. I hope he plays 2 faster attacking minded mids like Pelkas. 

I wonder if he will play actual wingers? Fetfatzidis and Masouras at the moment are in good form.

Fortounis has great vision and can unlock a defence with a great pass. His goal vs Armenia was incredible.

The one thing we need is more speed and Fetfa can bring that. 

I cant wait for the match at Finland if we win were back in contention and hopefully going forward Van't Schip can have the Ethniki play a winning brand of football. 

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Fortounis has great vision and can unlock a defence with a great pass. His goal vs Armenia was incredible.

The one thing we need is more speed and Fetfa can bring that. 

I cant wait for the match at Finland if we win were back in contention and hopefully going forward Van't Schip can have the Ethniki play a winning brand of football. 

It will all depend on who he calls up. If we want to play a winning brand of football we have to play players who can control the ball and be creative. 

I just think we should’ve brought in a more respectable manager and have a proper clean out and restart. In my opinion if I were coach these would be the players o would have right now...

Vlachodimos, Paschalakis, Barkas, Torosidis, Natsos, Retsos, Sokratis, Manolas, Siovas, Tsimikas, Koutris, Kourbelis, Bouchalakis, Kolovos, Masouras, Mantalos, Zeca, Gaitanidis, Fetfatzidis, Vrousai, Pavlidis, Koulouris, Donis.

I’m willing to sacrifice Pelkas and Samaris. 2 players who haven’t brought their club form over to the team at all. Bouchalakis wouldn’t be a major upgrade but can offer something slightly more than Samaris. 

Kolovos and Masouras do more with the ball than Pelkas. Mantalos has to replace Fortounis for the time being. Fetfatzidis would have a major role on the right wing or the left. His ability to drive with the ball towards the box is the best in Greece.

Gaitainidis is a hidden gem. We should be looking out for him. Explosive and a hungry player that can score goals. I was impressed with his performances in pre season. Wouldn’t be a starter yet though. 

Pavlidis can shine for us. We are lacking real quality at CDM/CM and RB. We need a major upgrade everywhere really, except CB. But with players I believe we can get something going. Especially in possession. 

I’m also hoping that Androutsos starts playing on a regular basis. Someone who I think can help with bringing the ball forward effectively. In regards to Galanopoulos and Siopis they can be included but I’m a bit concerned with their height. Especially against top quality teams and defending set pieces. We could have one of them play against lower quality teams. 

Its encouraging to see Koulouris and Pavlidis playing well and are really young. They also play in higher level leagues. 

Players like Tachtsidis, Samaris, Pelkas, Bakasetas and others need to have a break for a while from the team in my opinion. 

My lineup would be:

Vlachodimos 

Torosidis Manolas Sokratis Tsimikas

Kolovos Kourbelis Mantalos

Masouras Pavlidis Fetfatzidis 

Subs: Vrousai, Bouchalakis, Koulouris.

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was a supporter of Fetfa joining the team as well but the more I think about it do we really not just want to start playing some younger players? Has Fetfa done anything where he currently is playing? Is he even getting regular playing time as a starter? All off these things need to be taken into consideration, he has not emerged like some of us thought he would.. I just don’t know if we should keep mentioning him as a starter for this team not sure he is the solution.. I’m not against having him called up don’t get me wrong I’m just thinking we have exhausted his name and not sure it’s worth it or not.. Playing in the Middle East did no favours for his career..  to be honest I don’t even think the new coach will even consider him.. I’m also not expecting this coach to make drastic changes to start I’m sure he wants to se first hand what he has and what he is working with..  It won’t be easy to go into Finland with a new coach and a new system and get a win so I’m just hoping I see some positive signs from this coach and it’s kind of not fair to be put into a do or die situation as your first game as a coach.. We don’t beat Finland we are done.. 

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the Ethniki needs now is Kev Muscat for defence and the coaching team is set.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finland is not THAT good of a team. Greece has better players on paper. We CAN and SHOULD win this game not just because of the position we are in but in general, but because I don't see Finland as such a threat. I realize Greece has been entirely s%$#! over the last few years but still think its a mental and organizational issue not a skill or ability issue. this team needs to get organized before the next match, if they accomplish that, the three points should be ours. Also, I think Fetfa might be considered due to Fortounis absense, I would love to see him fail on the pitch rather than not given a shot on the bench. We have also had some young goal scorers emerging in Greek football and that is very exciting and something to look forward to. I can't go another major tournament without greece in it

 

  • Like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@J1078 you didn’t watch the Aris Molde game did you? 

Fetfa has his pros & cons but given how we are playing, he is someone that can help, the team desperately needs creative players with skill, look at the 2nd Aris goal in that match, we could use that. He has experience too, much of the young guys we wanna transition too, don’t have that

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree with @Alphonseand @Bardouuu. Fetfatzidis can change a game for you. His ball control and dribbling is the best we got. We need to also play in form players. We can’t have Bakasetas and Samaris start again. They can sabotage the team. Fetfatzidis isn’t going to be the answer but will definitely be in my mind a big difference in the way we attack. 

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ausgreek said:

All the Ethniki needs now is Kev Muscat for defence and the coaching team is set.

And they can get Rale Rasic as TD.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bananas said:

And they can get Rale Rasic as TD.


Add Zeljko Kalac for goalkeeper coach kai figame gia Euro 2020

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bardouuu said:

Finland is not THAT good of a team. Greece has better players on paper. We CAN and SHOULD win this game not just because of the position we are in but in general, but because I don't see Finland as such a threat. I realize Greece has been entirely s%$#! over the last few years but still think its a mental and organizational issue not a skill or ability issue. this team needs to get organized before the next match, if they accomplish that, the three points should be ours. Also, I think Fetfa might be considered due to Fortounis absense, I would love to see him fail on the pitch rather than not given a shot on the bench. We have also had some young goal scorers emerging in Greek football and that is very exciting and something to look forward to. I can't go another major tournament without greece in it

 

Agreed Finland are beatable they have a couple of decent players that's it. Our talent pool is greater for sure. If Van't Schip gets this team to wake up and play to the level they should and not conceded stupid goals then Greece should get 3 points and on to Liechtenstein. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, J1078 said:

I was a supporter of Fetfa joining the team as well but the more I think about it do we really not just want to start playing some younger players? Has Fetfa done anything where he currently is playing? Is he even getting regular playing time as a starter? All off these things need to be taken into consideration, he has not emerged like some of us thought he would.. I just don’t know if we should keep mentioning him as a starter for this team not sure he is the solution.. I’m not against having him called up don’t get me wrong I’m just thinking we have exhausted his name and not sure it’s worth it or not.. Playing in the Middle East did no favours for his career..  to be honest I don’t even think the new coach will even consider him.. I’m also not expecting this coach to make drastic changes to start I’m sure he wants to se first hand what he has and what he is working with..  It won’t be easy to go into Finland with a new coach and a new system and get a win so I’m just hoping I see some positive signs from this coach and it’s kind of not fair to be put into a do or die situation as your first game as a coach.. We don’t beat Finland we are done.. 

Yes Fetfa going to Saudi Arabia didn’t do any favours for his cause to be recalled to the NT but he’s back in Greece and looked good for Aris vs Molde last game. I’m not saying he should start but he could be brought in off the bench for an offensive spark.

We need a win in Finland, it’s a shame the team was so discombobulated from the coach to the veteran players vs Armenia and they gave away three points at home that could have put us in prime position for second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, J1078 said:

I was a supporter of Fetfa joining the team as well but the more I think about it do we really not just want to start playing some younger players? Has Fetfa done anything where he currently is playing? Is he even getting regular playing time as a starter? All off these things need to be taken into consideration, he has not emerged like some of us thought he would.. I just don’t know if we should keep mentioning him as a starter for this team not sure he is the solution.. I’m not against having him called up don’t get me wrong I’m just thinking we have exhausted his name and not sure it’s worth it or not.. Playing in the Middle East did no favours for his career..  to be honest I don’t even think the new coach will even consider him.. I’m also not expecting this coach to make drastic changes to start I’m sure he wants to se first hand what he has and what he is working with..  It won’t be easy to go into Finland with a new coach and a new system and get a win so I’m just hoping I see some positive signs from this coach and it’s kind of not fair to be put into a do or die situation as your first game as a coach.. We don’t beat Finland we are done.. 

In terms of Fetfatzidis abilities on the ball he should be a starter. The same goes for any player with similar abilities. His time in Saudi Arabia doesn’t make a difference to his performances. Why was Tziolis called up when he was playing there too? What I’m getting to is as long as you are playing and performing than you should be in the team. He does the simple things that most our players can’t do which is control the ball and pass effectively. 

He has also been playing well for Aris. He has started all games Aris has played and has done well. He is still effective in my opinion. As i said before he isn’t the answer as others are not on the same level as him in terms of technical ability. 

As for the youth we don’t have enough class or quality yet in my opinion for them to be included. Otherwise they would be all playing abroad and they would’ve been called up by now. Also they are not on the same level as Fetfatzidis. I’m all for giving youth a chance, i even consider myself an advocate for the young guys being included. If we want to include them than the whole team needs to be full of youth. 

We have young wingers but are not at the level the national team needs them at. Van Schipt likes playing attacking football. If that’s the case then: 

option A - he needs to play attacking minded midfielders and actual wingers. With more emphasis in holding possession. Which means youth are needed. Limnios, Lamprou and players alike will be called up.

Or option B - we have to go real defensive with a 5-3-2.  Which he doesn’t prefer. If we continue the exact same way then we will continue seeing negative results. 

A good balance is needed for sure. 

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the midfield has really been screwing us. yes defense did not help but almost all our conceded goals came from errors in the midfield *cough* samaris *cough*. Theres no denying manolas and sokratis can hold their own on defense, its a matter of reducing the errors in the CDM positions. Its VERY dangerous place to lose possession.

  • Like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya Samaris has been at fault for some of the goals with his costly turnovers or sloppy passes. We need to replace him in the midfield. Also I hope to God Van't Schip doesn't call up Bakasetas. 

 

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...