Phantis Forums
Reaper

NT Coaches

21 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

BTW the Anastasiadis press conference is scheduled for Tuesday 12:00 EET.

Sorry for the wrong info. The press conference is on Monday, November 12.

• Like it 1

It's not that we're being negative, it's that it becomes more and mroe apparent everyday that we seem to know this team and players better than the people running this team. We pay more attention to the players abroad than they seem too. 

Who is going to make runs out of the players selected? We're just going to have the wing backs running up and down the field? Believe me I'm really interested to see what this coach can do and what formation and tactics he uses.

But I'm nervous because we've seen what not having speed in the lineup and down the wings has made us look like. 

• Like it 1

Ange A made mention he is a man of few words, and actions on the field are what counts, he said only Vlaho and Masouras are the only new guys at this stage, although Lambropoulos is probably another. Ange didn't want to take any players from Nikopolidi's team yet.

Basinas mentioned that all the lower national rep teams play the same systems as the senior team so the player are familiar with their roles.  There was no mention that Ange A doesn't highly rate Lazaros and Fetfa, his future  wingers might end up being Donis and Chatzigiovannis next year.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 2

4 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

For anyone interested Novasports are going stream Anastasiadis first press conference. It starts in about 25 minutes 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MTt8bX8izc

Thanks champ.  Interesting interview.  Feeling positive about the two Angels.

I really like his passion and love he has for the NT and the fact that it is a dream come true for him.. Glad to see that Basinas said he will be working with the under 21 team to develop one system that the Greek teams will be accustom to playing so that way when they transition into the NT the young guys don't feel lost. Every successful football nation does this. As a Greek coach and with Basinas there they will implement the importance and honor for being on the NT and if guys don't show they care they will not be called up.. All in all a positive press conference..

• Like it 1

yo this guy is passionate. I almost had tears listening to him talk opening minutes. I have a good feeling about this. let's hope it's right!

• Like it 1

Def a fan of what came out of this... I think Angelo means business and complacency could be a thing of the past. Gia na thoume

• Like it 1

Great press conference and the man obviously has a huge love for the NT not just there to collect a check. I have a good feeling about him.

• Like it 1

Yeah I’m feeling positive about this interview aswell. Hopefully the players that don’t perform are benched for ones that should be given a chance. Eg. if Fortounis is having a bad performance than put Fetfatzidis in and so on and so on.

I’ve got a question though... What will Basinas bring to the table that Vryzas didn’t?

6 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I’ve got a question though... What will Basinas bring to the table that Vryzas didn’t?

Can’t tell you for sure.  It’s just a feeling.  But I think they’re just going for someone new  to start fresh.  And honestly, I’ve *never* heard a bad word about Basinas.  He’s always had that image of being a good honest guy that jut works hard.

I liked the interview where Angel said he only needs one minute to sort a player out, ha ha.  I hope he has the boys frothing at the mouth come game time.

• Like it 1

13 hours ago, Dean97 said:

No Tziolis or Tzavellas for one

• Like it 1

The first of this coach's errors to be pointed out.. too many AM or second strikers. Fortounis, Mantalos, Pelkas, Bakasetas, Karelis. Two of these guys should of been wingers. Lazaros, Manthatis, Fetfa Gianniotas..no speed on the edge. Karelis and Baskets are surplus to requirements. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah Karelis and Bakasetas don’t deserve to be called up. Same could be said for Mantalos and Pelkas.

• Like it 1

11 hours ago, ausgreek said:

The first of this coach's errors to be pointed out.. too many AM or second strikers. Fortounis, Mantalos, Pelkas, Bakasetas, Karelis. Two of these guys should of been wingers. Lazaros, Manthatis, Fetfa Gianniotas..no speed on the edge. Karelis and Baskets are surplus to requirements. 

I get the feeling that he might play without out and out wingers....seems about right considering how hapless they've all been lately.... if he goes with 3 CBs in the back and 2 attackers up front you don't necessarily need wingers.

1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

Yeah Karelis and Bakasetas don’t deserve to be called up. Same could be said for Mantalos and Pelkas.

Same could be said of most of the players with the exception of Sokratis, Manolas and Zeca. I'd like to see Masouras get a sniff.....he mainly plays LW but also RW, CF and 2nd striker and doing very well this year.

Guys, I put a considerable amount of blame for this loss on Ange A. He took this game vs Estonia for granted and approached it like a friendly. It wasn't enough that the team was absolutely ravaged by injuries going into yesterday's match, but he decided to sit players like Vlachodimos, Fortounis, Torosidis, Koutris and Pelkas, suddenly send our only in-form striker in Koulouris down to play with the U21s, and, barring Sokratis and maybe Zeca, start our B/C team.

No, luck did not go our way whatsoever, but the decisions made by Ange leading up to this match, and the consequences of this pitiful loss, may realistically set Greece back years. 

• Like it 1

I have to disagree. It’s early days. I put more blame on the players. Estonia is a really bad team. Our b or c team should easily beat them. The coach is also to blame but, hopefully now he has seen what he has seen and analysed what he has to do next time. He also needs to find a way to make this team gel. Maybe change the system. I mostly believe the player selections are root to the problem. It’s been like that for a while.

I agree the players are to blame but when you put a bunch of new guys together all at once they will just try and do thigs themselves and don't know how to play with each other. Also the coach should have been better prepared and watched video of what happened last time we played Estonia in Athens with an experimental line up in Athens were Estonia draw us because of Skibes line up which almost cost us a playoff against Croatia.. I will give the coach a pass for now but it's not a good start and a loss like this sucks the blood and confidence out of a team... Not a good look...

Read Socratis Article on sport 24. This is exactly what I was talking about in building confidence. He said

" Maybe we can't do any better, I'm really starting to believe that."

"I don't like coming to play in Greece for the NT when we keep losing to teams that are so beneath us"

"The coaches are not the problem"

This is not a good sign when your leaders lose all faith and confidence and don't believe in the team anymore.. I see this turning into a disaster now going forward... I also believe any excitement and new air the players had for the new coach is out the window now as realty just set back in and the main players and leaders don't believe themselves anymore...

Edited by J1078

9 hours ago, Argy said:

Guys, I put a considerable amount of blame for this loss on Ange A. He took this game vs Estonia for granted and approached it like a friendly. It wasn't enough that the team was absolutely ravaged by injuries going into yesterday's match, but he decided to sit players like Vlachodimos, Fortounis, Torosidis, Koutris and Pelkas, suddenly send our only in-form striker in Koulouris down to play with the U21s, and, barring Sokratis and maybe Zeca, start our B/C team.

No, luck did not go our way whatsoever, but the decisions made by Ange leading up to this match, and the consequences of this pitiful loss, may realistically set Greece back years. 

Sending Koulouris is a no brainer. That match is way more important than the Estonia match. I hate hearing about injuries and so forth. Every team has them. It’s Estonia we’re talking about. No excuses. None at all. 

6 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

Sending Koulouris is a no brainer. That match is way more important than the Estonia match. I hate hearing about injuries and so forth. Every team has them. It’s Estonia we’re talking about. No excuses. None at all. 

Yes it was Estonia. My point was not that we got unlucky injuries, but, rather, seeing that we only had a limited number of A-team players at our disposal due to those injuries, it was a mistake to leave out most of the few available, and approach this game as if it were some friendly. 

8 hours ago, J1078 said:

Read Socratis Article on sport 24. This is exactly what I was talking about in building confidence. He said

" Maybe we can't do any better, I'm really starting to believe that."

"I don't like coming to play in Greece for the NT when we keep losing to teams that are so beneath us"

"The coaches are not the problem"

This is not a good sign when your leaders lose all faith and confidence and don't believe in the team anymore.. I see this turning into a disaster now going forward... I also believe any excitement and new air the players had for the new coach is out the window now as realty just set back in and the main players and leaders don't believe themselves anymore...

This is why when the team is in a fragile state, as it has been for a while, and even more so now with a new coach and injuries to key players, it is paramount to field our best players, attack our opponents and achieve a positive result. 

IMO weak decisions by our new manager. 

32 minutes ago, Argy said:

This is why when the team is in a fragile state, as it has been for a while, and even more so now with a new coach and injuries to key players, it is paramount to field our best players, attack our opponents and achieve a positive result. 

IMO weak decisions by our new manager. 

I completely agree.. Any confidence we built in the Finland game was thrown out the window after the Estonia game.. It was a very bad move to choose to field d that line up... A loss to a team like Estonia and it shatters your confidence..I also disagree with socratis comments as a leader you don’t come out publicly and say maybe we aren’t good enough, you just don’t do that.. He could have said a bunch of different things but when the young guys here that especially in the U21 it doesn’t send a good message..

Edited by J1078