Phantis Forums

NT Coaches

Guest PastMember

C'mon guys, some of these suggestions... keep it Greek. Anastasiades head coach with Tsanas & Tziolis assistants. Make it happen b4 November matches!

Edited by ausgreek
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, J1078 said:

I had a feeling they would keep him on those idiots at the EPO! If he sets the team up as he did at Finland were going to struggle and I could see us only getting a draw. The home match vs Estonia should be straight forward but the last time they held us to a draw in the wcup qualifier. Dam we need wins to stay out of pot 4 or worse!

• Like it 2

11 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

Getting an Australian head coach for Greece soccer is like getting a Nigerian to coach the Canadian hockey team. Useless

Postecoglou would give Greek football the quack in the head it needs

• Like it 1

23 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

Getting an Australian head coach for Greece soccer is like getting a Nigerian to coach the Canadian hockey team. Useless

lol...  Lets be honest though it didn't work well with an Italian in Raneri,  a coach from Uruguay and a German coach so why not try a Greek born coach from Australia??  

• Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:20 AM, Jimmyp said:

Yes, it may be ballsy move by EPO, but honestly Jimmyp, I can see why you are a rookie.

As an Australian Greek I take that as a bit offensive. Ange is no mug. He took an Australian team that qualified for a WC and got spanked 6-0 in consecutive friendlies and then had them lead 2-1 vs Holland in a world cup Group match, 6 months later. Holland were eventual runners up in the WC. Ange will go seek out and find Greek players you haven't heard of.

Also, he was born in Greece, played and coached youth teams at national level, coached clubs and a NT successfully and he can at least speak the language. And of course, he played and coached SM Hellas FC. Enough said.

I will say though, Paokara's analysis on p20 is a good read.

• Like it 2

Nikos Alefantos with Anastasiadis as assistant.  That's what I'd like to see.  Sfaliares at half time for anyone who isn't playing well.  Paixte bala koproskila.  Free vitamines for all supplied by Alefantos personally.

• Haha 3

Looks like Skibbe isn’t going anywhere.. looks like the EPO has had a change of heart and are now killing skibbe for the remainder of the Nations league and the Euros... This is so demoralizing to the fans and the better of the the team.. So f..king pissed about this.. only reason the EPO is Doug this is so they don’t have to Buy skibbe our and pay him a big lump of money so for that reason we are stuck with this clown...

• Like it 1

On top of that, they never approached Postecoglou... I thought it was too much of an initiative for the EPO of today to have done.

Gamiseta, some rookie had a shot at Aussie coaches before... if this s%$#! was happening in Oz there would be outrage by media and fans, don’t see any outrage in Greece besides social media comments 

• Like it 1

Skibbe even if he fails in the Nations League will be brought back by the EPO? Really to face countries possibly the likes of France, Switzerland in the Euro Qualifiers. All because the EPO doesn't want to spend a few bucks to get rid of Skibbe. IM SO FED UP!!!! with these clowns!

• Like it 1

Was talking to Vicki the supermodel about the Weekend and Bella Hadid's wedding, our focus then turned to the Ethniki, she said her friends want Angelo Postecoglou as head coach, Angelo Anastasiades (the two Anges), with Alexandros Tziolis as assistants.  Grammenos, take note!

21 hours ago, kbxk508 said:

Yes, it may be ballsy move by EPO, but honestly Jimmyp, I can see why you are a rookie.

As an Australian Greek I take that as a bit offensive. Ange is no mug. He took an Australian team that qualified for a WC and got spanked 6-0 in consecutive friendlies and then had them lead 2-1 vs Holland in a world cup Group match, 6 months later. Holland were eventual runners up in the WC. Ange will go seek out and find Greek players you haven't heard of.

Also, he was born in Greece, played and coached youth teams at national level, coached clubs and a NT successfully and he can at least speak the language. And of course, he played and coached SM Hellas FC. Enough said.

I will say though, Paokara's analysis on p20 is a good read.

I agree on the possible appointment of Ange, solely based on South Melbourne FC, thats real football for you

But on all fronts, ange transformerd the Australian soccer national team to become competitive with strong teams. The Enthniki have talent, its about identifying tactics, play styles and formations that will unearth this talent, i fully support the appointment of ange on that front.

• Like it 2

4 hours ago, MelbourneGreek said:

I agree on the possible appointment of Ange, solely based on South Melbourne FC, thats real football for you

But on all fronts, ange transformerd the Australian soccer national team to become competitive with strong teams. The Enthniki have talent, its about identifying tactics, play styles and formations that will unearth this talent, i fully support the appointment of ange on that front.

Unfortunately the EPO came out and said that there is no truth to them speaking or having interest in Ang... I completely Agree we need a coach that can pick our best players as I truly believe we have enough talented players to be a class B team maybe not with the Belgiums and the France teams but we should be able to compete with the teams under that level and should be able to beat teams we are currently losing too.. The problem is our players have no game plan and look lost out there and everyone looks like there trying to do everything themselves.. we have no strategy no unity no set plan of which way they need to play.. Skibbe just fills body’s on the field and pretty much says don’t concede a goal.. we need a coach that will bring us structure, play a system that will get the most out of the players.. I’m sick of watching teams like Hungary and Finland out play us not on talent but becasue they have a better system then the NT.. This can only change with a new coach that has a good background and won’t take s%$#! from anyone.. 

• Like it 1

I really expected them to give him the next two games to save his job. This comes as a surprise to me. I am very happy to see EPO finally show that they mean business. Skibbe needed to go; not just because of the results, but even more so for the way the team looked on the pitch. 

• Like it 3

finally a good descision made by the EPO. What greece has lacked for years is a manager which has had passion for the job. Skibbe and Ranieri before him had no heart for the outcomes of the squad. the best thing for the ethniki is to have a greek manager, creates a better culture within the squad and the manager has a desire for their team to win, as its for their homeland. 

I would hope with a new, greek manager we will start emploring basic tactics, like playing players in their actual positions, something Skibbe found extremely difficult as well as communicating with Holebas to get him back in the team. our performances can only improve because of this.

• Like it 2

I agree with what you are saying apart from the Holebas comment. I don’t know if a soon to be 35 year old should be in our plans. I do think we need to move on with Holebas as I think he wouldn’t been interested to return either. We have talented enough players to make this team, we just need a coach who can get the best out of our players and someone who genuinely cares for this team.

Edited by Dean97

• Dutch Eagle locked, unlocked and pinned this topic