Phantis Forums

NT Coaches

Guest PastMember

On 10/26/2018 at 12:56 AM, J1078 said:

I don't think it will be a disaster... I mean Raneri was a disaster and Skibbe was horrible as well.. I only see an improvement over the past guys we had..  Now if we see Tziolis and Tzavellas called up then I will retract my statement..  Lets not judge the guy on the first game either as with anything there will be a transition period..

On second thought I also think Anastasiadis will be better than Skibbe was. He is a strict and demanding coach and will want to see a disciplined team. He wont tolerate lazy guys on the pitch. Probably what the Ethniki needs now is a coach of the Anastasiadis type.

Rehhagel and Santos were also no-nonsense men. Otto was a control freak and under Santos players were more disciplined than since 2014 theyve EVER been. Nice guys like Skibbe Iordanescu Ranieri are not for the Greek NT I guess.

Edited by La Mendel
  • Like it 2

Hopefully this coach is tough with the players and the most in form players are selected for the upcoming matches in November. I wish him all the best and I hope he gets off to a great start with a couple of wins.

• Like it 1

Who is a classy DM the Pirates could call up, Bouchalakis is more a CM and at a pinch an AM. Maybe Ange A, will make Tzioli$ skipper. If I'm not mistaken, all players should be on deck for Nov matches, except Kyriakos.

Holebas!!!!!!!

Edited by ausgreek

Some unflattering words from a former player of Anastasiadis 

"Αλλά αυτός ο προπονητής... δεν έχω λέξεις να τον περιγράψω... ο χειρότερος που είχα ποτέ. Καλή τύχη Ελλάδα".

https://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/ethniki_elladas/prwhn-paikths-platania-anastasiadhs-o-xeiroteros-proponhths-kalh-tuxh-ellada.5350046.html?fbclid=IwAR3EJtFE_WqzyTdn9hsgOqSgPYAkekOQ_kdA-1eHMh3Ui8YzKuys0wZGJ8I

And the attacks already started even though the coach has not even been officially announced. Did not take too long for somebody (sport24) to find someone to say bad things about Anastasiadis. Wonder who is the agent of that player.

I don’t think anyone should say s..t about this coach until he has been given a fair chance.. we’ve had some good name coaches that haven’t worked out... At the very least this coach shouldn’t be judged until he has had sometime with the team.. No player on the NT should have the right to open their mouth about which coach they want becasue as much as the coaches have been to blame there performances has been dreadful and if anyone is going to bring a negative attitude on the team then they should retire from the NT... There is no true leader in this NT at all.. I know Manolas and Socrati are leaders and have heart but this team is missing a vocal leader like Kara, as those guys wore the NT jersey on their heart.. The new coach needs to step in and immediately take control of the team because if he goes in their and shows weakness some of these players will walk all over him.. I’m personally excited to see what he is going to do with the team.. Maybe having a Greek coach after all is what they need to fix this team becasue no foreign coach has been able to do it over than last 4 years..

• Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

Crazy stuff, the NT is missing a leader like Karagounis both on and of the field. I had a feeling we would see some rough patches once he retired after the 2014 World Cup but I never thought we would have seen this much drama both on and off the pitch over the last four years.

4 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Crazy stuff, the NT is missing a leader like Karagounis both on and of the field. I had a feeling we would see some rough patches once he retired after the 2014 World Cup but I never thought we would have seen this much drama both on and off the pitch over the last four years.

I actually thought we were going to have a more attacking style in the team and I was optimistic that we were going to score more goals but how wrong was i. We don’t have a true leader in the team even though I’d like it to be Sokratis. I think he has too much responsibility now since that Karagounis has left. We need a real leader in the midfield because our defence has always been strong. Karagounis was no nonsense and was bleeding for the team. I think in due time Kourbelis will be our ‘Katsouranis’ and Galanopoulos would be our Karagounis. 

• Like it 3

Must have been a seriously slow news day.  The player making the comment was a nobody Portuguese player who was probably over the hill when Angel coached Platanias.  Talk about a whatever statement from a whatever player for a whatever article.

For any manager in the world there will be players that didn’t get along with that manager and didn’t approve of them.  Big f##king deal.

I am *very* curious to see if Angel shakes things up with his call ups.  I am also curious to see how the players react to him. If they don’t warm to him, I can see them putting in two limp performances to bury him.  That would be very typical of the Elliniko attitude.

I’d drop half the f##king first team.

3-5-2.  Vlachodimos as GK.  Manolas, Siovas and Socratis in the back.  Zeca as a hacker.  Everyone else *fight* for your positions..

• Like it 2

Apparently big changes coming.... He has completely changed the coaching staff, and apparently Tziolis, Tzavellas and Karnezis will not be part of the NT going forward..  He is also going to be working closely with Nikopolidis in regards to the young guys... If this reporting is accurate then things are definitely looking up...  I hope he does a press conference soon.. EPO is so unorganized as they should have had a formal press conference with the new coach and his plans before he starts the nations league games in 2 weeks..

• Like it 2
  • Thanks 1

I am not so sold in Karnezis being completely ostracized from the team. If he plays well for Napoli (he seems to be playing every third game) and we have a need at goal keeping, he wouldn't be a bad call up.  Obviously, give it to the most in form player but he is not bad by any means.

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle locked, unlocked and pinned this topic