Phantis Forums

NT Coaches

Guest PastMember

Anastasiadis is not fit for the job. I read yesterday that the only reason Malezas didn't sign for PAOK last season when he returned from Germany was because of Anastasiadis.

He demanded that a buyout clause be inserted in to the Panetolikos contract so that if Anastasiadis was to leave then he could approach PAOK to trigger the release.

Sounds like the guy is an old world coach who manages like he was managed when he was a player.

That attitude of "no one gives a F*** about the NT" makes me laugh, its actually quite sad, I bet those that say that are the first ones to celebrate when they win in a Euro or WC.

The vazelia had the most players in the 2004 team, saying "the vazelia destroyed it" just shows pure hate nothing more.

Ange would be great in my opinion, it would take time with him but I think he would do well.

He has also come out and said he would love to coach AEK one day, that would be awesome!!

• Like it 2

Iv been to a few Euros and World Cups the Greek fans are up there with the best, in Poland we were voted best fans by the Polish. The opening game there was only 2,500 of us and we made more noise the whole game than the 55,000 poles.

But with comments like the above it shows why other nations laugh at us as we aren't united, if ALL Greek fans put their club differences aside we would be one of the most feared Nation fan bases in Europe, but we prefer to hate on each other because of the club teams we follow....

• Like it 1

Actually there were 6 players from Panathinaikos, 5 from AEK (6 if you consider Dellas who was playing for Roma at the time), and 4 from Olympiacos

just for clarification and this is what our NT today needs to be successfull. A good mix from all Greek teams.

• Like it 1

Makynia if you count Dellas then you would have to count Demi too even though he was at Atletico Madrid. But I wouldn't count them as they weren't on our payroll.

But you are right we need a good mix of players from all teams not the usual old favourites and old timers.

Greece needs to stop being loyal to a player who for instance "scored a goal to get us to the world cup" and have players on the roster who can get the job done. I have seen in at all these last few Euros I have been to players making scenes because things don't go their way, o rothers fighting with others because of the club team they play for.

If Barca & Madrid players can put their differences aside when playing for their nation, then I am sure these Greek players can do the same.

ELLAS75 I agree with you mate and I can happily and openly admit one of my favourite players for the Greek team was Torosidis and he is Oly, when it comes to the NT no one should be treated or looked at differently.

But as you said no one is scoring, Mitroglou was on fire and many may not agree with me but his sale to Fulham ruined him, he was one of the hottest strikers going around at the time and he would've done more at the WC for Greece but sadly as I said that sale killed him off.... I know people will say he was injured but before he left Oly he was destroying defenders club & national level, another reason why Oly failed to progress in CL, he would've made a difference against United also.

Hey Original Syd, the Euro snobs are up in arms over talk of Postacoglou making a good Greece coach,. How are they going to cope with an Aussie/Greek coaching successfully. This would Not be acceptable, un-euro like!! They would neck themselves if success occurred with this occurance.

And why did Juventus only win by one over Aussie allstars at extra time, and the English teams not thrashing Aussie sides?? Oh, Germany was supposed to win 7-0 Why was it a draw vs. Socceroos?

They will sit comfortable only if the same teams dominate all the time- eat s%$#!. 

• Like it 1

Not sure about genius but definitely the scapegoat for the disaster that is the Ethniki.

Clowns like Karagounis, Katsouranis and Vydra should take far more responsibility for what's happened. Ranieri is long gone but the illiterate and narrow minded are still on about him.

Let it go you dinosaurs!

Honestly Akri, I didn't know about Claudio the tinkerman, but since his tenure with Hellas, as head scratching as it was, looking at things now, its agreed there is an obviously glaring problem with the team still there. The problem that stands out for me, is that there was not a succession plan for when the older stars got moved on. When it gets to that stage, it can take some years. 

Our team can go from a probable top 10 team in the world to top 60 in a flash. If our midfield is not world class, we operate in a fine line, and fall fast. I hope Kyriakos can be his own man, and yet be the next Karagounis. If not him, then someone else with great ball distribution. Our DM MUST be authoritive and a shot-caller.

Think of someone that has this aura, where you know that if he is on the field we win.

This position is the gearbox to the racecar.

At a glance; Who is the big match player/ Many of the boys on this forum have a vast knowledge of the superleaguers out there. I say Kyriakos. There is a general agreement that Tachtsidis is not a massive runner like Samaris or Maniatis, although his passing game is up there, so, is it him, given more of a go?

I don't see Toro passing back inside to the front third with accuracy these days, and for Roma, he doesn't look fast enough. Love his passion hence should he progress there? Think of a player other teams don't like to play against, and he is our dm, unless he is our keeper or stricker.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

Reaper in South Africa where we played sh*t vs Korea Katsouranis had a stink before the match as he didn't agree with the line up & tactics they were going with. He got into a few players ears and they followed suit.

If you remember that Korea game we were no where, everyone in the crowd was losing their sh*t.

• Dutch Eagle locked, unlocked and pinned this topic