Phantis Forums

NT Coaches

Guest PastMember

Guest PastMember

Sport24 conducted a poll in November about who the fans should be the next NT coach after Santos. Around 17,000 Greeks voted.

Tsiolis won the vote. In fact I voted for him too. Now that Markarian has basically said the NT needs another coach, Tsiolis is back in focus.

Untitled+7.jpg

Edited by PastMember

I would laugh at the Topalidis suggestion but I'm afraid some people don't realise that Topalidis was essentially Otto's translator.

He's football management career is essentially non-existent aside from the time he spent with the Ethniki so he should never be brought up.

How did Topalidis get more votes than Anastasiou who rebuilt PAO, or Vergetis who's lead Asteras Tripolis to two Europa league group stages? From that list Id take Jovanovic, Vergetis, Anastasiou, Donis, and then Tsiolis. I'd take Michel or Ketsbaia before any of them tho

Giorgos Donis just lead Al Hilal to a championship just recently. If he can control these oil barons with massive egos, he can control Hellas. He is a winner then. Look, as long as the coach is 45-55 years of agee, the players will want to play for him. Not a 75 year old, or it may as well be Frank Lowy or Sepp Blatter then.

Greece needs a coach that is a defence first coach, and focuses the team on getting back to a solid defensive system, who ever it is that has to be the number one focus, having a team that takes pride in keeping a clean sheet. And grooming young players into our system.

Sport24 conducted a poll in November about who the fans should be the next NT coach after Santos. Around 17,000 Greeks voted.

Tsiolis won the vote. In fact I voted for him too. Now that Markarian has basically said the NT needs another coach, Tsiolis is back in focus.

Mediocre coach. Not NT material as are most of Greek coaches. Need somebody like Otto to lay down the law in the dressing room like he did with Georgatos.

A lot of you underrate Makarian. Is he old? Yes. But he is a good coach and his resume shows that. It's laughable that people think Sakis Tsiolis is a good coach and fit to coach the NT when he's never held a stable job, never coached a team that actually had to contend for a championship,and neverb had European experience.

Not saying Makarian is the coach of the future. He's 70. It would be foolish to think that. He's a stop gap until EPO pulls their head out of their ass. Karagounis selected him because he trusts him to do his job unlike the clown EPO hand picked in the summer.

• 1 month later...

I must add it is correct that he resigned after a Faroe loss, unlike Ranieri who wanted to stay and had to be sacked. He didnt inherit (again unlike Ranieri) a good team from his successor, in fact it was a disastrous and s%$#! team he got after Ranieri, but his achievement was small too.

The issue is the corrupt EPO leadership who are in it to launder money and line their pockets. They don't care anymore. Makarian doesn't want to be involved with them anymore and rightfully tried to get out. Rumors have it Karagounis is trying to do the same. The NT is toxic. Sarris and Co. successfully ran out Santos out of town and the team has never fully recovered as they tried to place their puppet Ranieri in charge. That's the real issue. Not the coach.

• Dutch Eagle locked, unlocked and pinned this topic