Phantis Forums

PAOK International Players (National Teams)

pash

On 8/23/2018 at 4:26 PM, paokarag4 said:

You'd think so pash. But I can't see Skibbe not including Karnezis and Barkas. Pasxalakis SHOULD get the nod ahead of Gianniotis

Don’t forget Vlaxodimos too.  The kid is a gun keeper and it’s already looking good for him at Benfica.  It’s actually unusual that Greece has so many decent keepers to pick from right now.

Having said that, if Greece were playing a game right now, as in today, yeah man, you’d be crazy not to pick Paschlakis.

Not sure if Vlaxodimos has a Greek passport though bananas. Born and grew up in Germany, only played for German youth teams. He may now think with his move to Benfica he's only a good few months away from getting a call up to their NT. 

What I'm saying is for the nations league matches in a few weeks, I'm not sure he's an option given (I think at least) he doesn't have Greek citizenship or a passport. I could be wrong

Vlachodimos has been holding out for a German call-up for quite some time. He also was a part of their youth setup, as my sweet paokarag4 says. His brother, I think, leans the other way.

The funny thing about his success (so far) at Benfica is that the better he gets, the more likely the Germans will want him.

• Haha 1

Βρε να αρπάξει τα γκολάκια του την Τρίτη και ας πάει να κάνει ότι θέλει. Εξάλλου εδώ και αρκετά χρόνια έπεσε και αυτό το κάστρο. Κάναμε Έλληνα τον Χολέμπας, τον άλλο του Παναθηναϊκού. Κάποτε θέλανε να παίξει και ο Καστίγιο στην Εθνική. Όλα για τα φράγκα και τις γκόμενες. Ποια Εθνική και κουραφέξαλα. Αν είναι καλός θα το παίξει Γερμανός, αν δεν είναι αρκετά καλός για να τον καλέσει η Γερμανία σε κάποια φάση θα γίνει Έλληνας.

• Like it 1

No call for Pasxalakis, for whatever reason managerial or otherwise Gianniotis seems to be favoured by Skibbe. Could be argued his error vs benfica cost him, but I feel on the body of work he's put together he deserves the call. Gotta love the Greek NT

Pelkas called up as was Giannoulis and Koulouris. The ethniki needs a striker asap, I kind of can't believe Kolouris is getting called up. 

Nah man.  If Paschalakis was going to be picked the error against Benfica isn’t enough to cut him from the squad.  Simply put I don’t believe he was ever in contention.

That NT squad is quite uninspiring.

I am fine with Pashalakis not being called yet. The guy has to continue playing well and work. I am a PAOK fan, but with just a year and a half of real professional football at the age of 29 he shouldn't care if he is called or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Δεν είδα όλο το ματς της Εθνικής, αλλά στο περισσότερο που είδα ο Φορτούνης ξεκάθαρα δεν έπαιζε με τον Πέλκα. Ο Πέλκας μοίραζε το παιχνίδι σε όλους, αλλά ξεκάθαρα ο Φορτούνης δεν ήθελε να δώσει καλές πάσες στον Πέλκα. Δεν έχω κράξει εδώ και καιρό αντίπαλο παίχτη, αλλά πραγματικά αηδίασα με τον Φορτούνη. Αίσχος και ντροπή στον ίδιο και σε όποιον δεν του βάλει χέρι για τέτοιες απαράδεκτες ενέργειες.

I watched the game and the thing with Fourtunis not passing to Pelkas struck me too. The most evident was at the end of the game when he did not pass to Pelkas who was wide open and instead tried to beat the goalie which he didn't. I am certain Pelkas was not getting service because of his anti-PAOK complex.

I don't know why Tziolis is still on the NT, but I have to admit, when he came into the game he was much better that Bouchalakis. Also players such as Lykogiannis and Kourbelis have no business being on the NT.

• 3 weeks later...