Phantis Forums

PAOK International Players (National Teams)

pash

The time is right for Pelkas to get a call up.  He's finally beginning to playing with some maturity.  I'd be surprised if he gets any playing time against Croatia but he should definitely be a part of our next NT campaign.

International game duties for PAOK players this week:

GREECE NT  
Pelkas
The NT will play WC playoffs games against Croatia (11/9 and 11/12)

GREECE U21  
Koulouris, Deligiannidis, Limnios and (Lambrou)
The U21 will play U21 Euro qualifier against Croatia (11/13) at Toumba Stadium

GREECE U19  
Siabanis, Dimitriou, Chatzidimas, Tzovaras, Lyratzis
The U19 NT will play Euro qualifiers against Romania (11/8), Gibraltasr (11/10) and Russia (11/14) inCrete

SERBIA NT
Prijovic
Serbia will play friendly game against China (11/10) and Korea Republic (11/14)

CROATIA NT  
Leovac
Croatia will play WC playoffs games against Greece (11/9 and 11/12)

CAPE VERDE NT  
Varela
Cape Verde  will play WC qualifier against Burkana Faso (11/14)

SLOVAKIA NT  
Mak
Slovakia will play friendlies against Ukraine (11/10) and Norway 911/14)

UKRAINE NT  
Shakhov
Ukraine will play friendly game against Slovakia (11/10)

Siabanis (our goalkeeper) scored the tying goal against Russia in Iraklio in the qualifying game for the U19 Euro. He converted on a penalty kick. Greece went on to win 2:1 and qualify to the Elite Round of the Euro. Here is a video of the Siabanis penalty kick:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Pelkas, Limnios and Koulouris have been called by Skibbe for the friendlies against Switzerland and Egypt. Of those only Pelkas deserves to be on the team. Also he forgot to call up Paschalakis.

Συμφωνώ. Ο Λημνιός θα γίνει καλός παίκτης. Ο Λουτσέσκου ο μαλάκας φταίει που τον ξεκίνησε με την ΑΕΚ και άφησε στον πάγκο Μπίσεσβαρ και Μακ με πολύ μεγαλύτερη εμπειρία σε τέτοιους αγώνες.

Koulouris and Limnios have no business in the senior NT squad. Koulouris never will. Limnios has a talent but he needs to improve a lot. Pelkas has a spot on the team and I thought Paschalakis has one as well. However with all the bullshit going on concerning PAOK I would not let the players take part in any NT games right now if I was PAE PAOK.

3 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Koulouris and Limnios have no business in the senior NT squad. Koulouris never will. Limnios has a talent but he needs to improve a lot. Pelkas has a spot on the team and I thought Paschalakis has one as well. However with all the bullshit going on concerning PAOK I would not let the players take part in any NT games right now if I was PAE PAOK.

I'm pretty sure the up coming games are in a designated FIFA window. If we make the players unavailable then EPO could have them suspended for the next game. It would be pretty much cutting our nose off to spite our face, and another excuse for EPO to gives us a slap.

Limnios scored in the 3:0 win against Czech Republic today. Koulouris played as well.

Later today Greece plays Egypt. Let's see if Pelkas plays. Warda and Shikabala are in the Egyptian squad but probably will not start.