Phantis Forums

PAOK International Players (National Teams)

pash

International game duties for PAOK players this week:

UKRAINE NT
Shakhov
Ukraine will play against Turkey (9/2) and Iceland (9/5)

SERBIA NT
Prijovic
Serbia will play against Moldova (9/2) and Ireland (9/5)

BOSNIA NT 
Cimirot
Bosnia will play against Cyprus (8/31) and Gibraltar (9/3)

SLOVAKIA NT
Mak
Slovakia will play against Slovenia (9/1) and England (9/4)

GREECE U21  
Koulouris, Deligiannidis, Limnios and (Lambrou)
The U21 will play against Belarus (9/1) and Moldova (9/4)

GREECE U19
Dimitriou
The U19 team will play friendly games against Latvia on 9/2 and 9/4

Koulouris scored the second goal for U21 NT in the game against Belarus. He was also the captain of the team in the game.

If anyone wants to watch Mak in the Slovakia - Slovenia game, it is available on ESPN3. He is in the starting lineup.

• 3 weeks later...

Prijovic called up again for his NT, unsurprisingly.

Shakhov won't be called up due to not getting game time, though I'm sure that'll change by the next game's callups. Lucescu seemed very keen on him at his last press conference.

International game duties for PAOK players this week:

SERBIA NT
Prijovic
Serbia will play WC qualifiers against Austria (10/6) and Georgia (10/9)

BOSNIA NT 
Cimirot
Bosnia will play WC qualifiers against Belgium (10/7) and Estonia (10/10)

SLOVAKIA NT
Mak
Slovakia will play WC qualifiers against Scotland (10/5) and Malta (10/8)

ALBANIA NT
Kace
Albania will play WC qualifiers against Spain (10/6) and Italy (10/9)

CAPE VERDE NT
Varela
Cape Verde will play WC qualifier against Senegal (10/7)

GREECE U21  
Koulouris, Deligiannidis and (Lambrou)
The U21 will play U21 Euro qualifiers against Moldova (10/5) and San Marino (10/10)

GREECE U19
Siabanis, Dimitriou, Chatzidibas, Tzovaras 
The U19 team will play friendly games against Slovakia  (10/5) and Czech republic (10/9)

So Prijo scores the big goal for Serbia, and he's already being sold to another team by media in January 2018.

BTW, his buyout option is 10 mil, but if I was PAOK I would wait until the WC is over. Until then renegotiate his contract and increase the buyout option.

Yeah these guys are got nuts for little reason. He still has a lot to prove, and I don't see anyone making serious offers at this time. If he keeps this up, then renegotiate/reward him with more dolla dolla bills y'all, and as you said increase the clause. Hopefully he stays healthy.

If someone comes and gives 10m for Prijovic let them take him. It will be more than twice the money of the most expensive sell we have ever done and will show how much the club is growing. And as it's proven this year, if you give money you can find decent players. If they get 10m for Prijovic they can give 5m and bring someone better than Prijovic -considering that Prijovic cost something less than 2m I think.

Prijovic was a bargain.  I don't think he's that easy to replace.  Considering we haven't won the league since 1985, the club should concentrate on that first and monies later!  If it were up to me, I wouldn't even sell him for 15 million at this stage, considering there are lots of players out there worth much more than Prijovic (on paper) that you don't know if they will be even half as good.

We didn't buy him to keep him forever. If we win the championship, then by all means sell him (the clause is there for a reason).

Of course, if we win, then possible CL entry might be enough to entice a few guys who are on the fence, to stay. But I'm getting ahead of myself...

Prijovic is our only real striker.  There was talk earlier in the year that Mak could be used as a backup striker but he isn't that sort of a player.  All a team has to do to stop Mak is play deep and without space to run into a big part of his game is nullified.

Koulouris and Klaus (when we had him) are/were both average at best.  With Prijovic the opposition *have* to play their best defender on him.  With Koulouris or Klaus quality strikers you can play your second, third or fourth best defender and you'll probably be all right.  No offence to them of course, I know they give it their best.  But with Prijovic you have to watch him.  His aerial presence alone is something we've missed for years.

I've always looked at our squad and thought "if Olympiakos could have any of our players who would they want ?".  In seasons past I could maybe pick 2, 3 or 4 players at best.  But now we have Rey, Matos, Zambrano, Mauricio, Vieirinha, El Khadouri, Mak, Prijovic.  The squad is looking strong and any talk of selling should be dismissed.  Trust me without Prijovic we don't win a title.

Add to that list very competent players on their day like Crespo (Yiankos's koumbaro), Varela, Canas, Biseswar, Pelkas, Shakhov, Campos and all of a sudden the squad is potentially challenging for the title.  Really challenging or at least they should be.  Some of these players can be hot and cold with their form so if they can stay in form it could make the difference.

Speaking of Pelkas he finally seems to have woken up and started playing some decent football.  He just needs to stop getting silly yellow cards.  I really think he should be with the NT if we manage to qualify for The WC.

• Like it 1