Phantis Forums

PAOK International Players (National Teams)

pash

And everybody's favorite player Tziolis played 90 minutes against Turkey greatly helping the team to secure a tie in Constantinopole, Tzavellas also got in for a minute or two.

Every manager he's had in the last few years with the exception of Huub, considers him a decent player.  So maybe, just maybe, he's not so bad as what everyone else thinks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Tzavellas, Tziolis called up for both friendlies. Pelkas called up for Iceland only.

Stafylidis also returns; hopefully we'll see him get a start in at least the Montenegro match.

Reports are that the people at PAOK are upset by Vellidis and Klaus being snubbed.  These guys really need to stop their whining.  They're starting to look like clowns.  Klaus has 1 good match against a crippled offense of an already crippled team....besides that, he's been invisible all year.  MEanwhile Mitroglou and Karelli are having great showings in actual respectable leagues....and Vellios has looked good all season at Iraklis.  

As far as Vellidis for Goalkeeper, I GUESS you can make an argument, although he looked shaky the first few matches with us.  How many matches has Kapino played in though?

Reports are that the people at PAOK are upset by Vellidis and Klaus being snubbed.  These guys really need to stop their whining.  They're starting to look like clowns.  

Agree. I want PAOK to come out and  say no more PAOK players on the NT until the whole thing called Greek soccer is fixed and the games are played fairly.

Klaus and the club behave like spoiled children.  It's embarrassing.  Here's a tip, how about Klaus actually starts playing well before he gets considered for the NT.  Right now, he should be happy he's not in the NT.  I know I am.

what a joke. It's debateable whether Klaus and Vellidi are even PAOK quality, let alone for the ethniki. PAE have bigger things to worry about then who's is and isn't getting called up. Tziolis hasn't played much lately, yet he got called up? No word on that though? I'll just wait for the kafenio warriors to come in and tell us it's because he used to play it PAO and he is in with EPO.

Far bigger issues to concern ourselves with then this rubbish 

Honestly, Tziolis getting called up isn't THAT bad.  He's played pretty well this reason, there's clearly been turmoil in our team, so maybe he's worth taking a chance on, considering his experience and professionalism. 

When Klaus is firing on all cylinders, he's great....it's too bad he can't be like that all season......any season.

I agree it weakens our moral authority on issues when we complain about Klaus and Vellidis not getting called up. Klaus has been out of form since the beginning of the season and doesn't deserve it over Karelis and Mitroglou. Vellidis I guess can be argued, but he's 28 and Kapino is like 21/22, so even though he has played 1 or 2 games all season, he is the one that may have a future with the NT not Vellidis. 

As for Tziolis, the man is a consistent player and a consummate professional. He can provide depth and has a lot of NT experience. Those guys are helpful on the squad and he can contribute minutes if needed. Although to be fair, Samaris and Tachtsidis are better at the "6" and certainly deserve to play over him. 

• Like it 1