Phantis Forums

PAOK International Players (National Teams)

pash

Tuned in to the Spain-Slovakia match right when the second half started. Mak was apparently subbed out at the half. The commentators are saying it's unknown if he has an injury, but he was their biggest attacking threat (and seems to have missed a sitter, which is no surprise). It would be awful for us if he actually got injured.

Sabo not playing.

Sabo was subbed on at 73'. Watched a little bit, Mak was playing up top by himself, the few times Slovakia had possession they'd try be as swift as possible to get it forward, tried to maybe expose them at the back there with Mak's pace.

The few times it came off he was pushed out wide into crossing positions, and was without much support. Remember a nice bit of play wide where he laid it off to Hamsik who had his shot on target saved by Casilias. Didn't see anything else worth mentioning

• 4 weeks later...

Slovakia were pretty poor (although better than Greece has been). Mak had the only really good chance of the night. As it stands, they are level with Ukraine on points, but have fallen to third place on goal differential. Ukraine plays Spain in their final match, while Slovakia plays Luxembourg. Assuming a Spain win, Slovakia goes through with a draw. At least one PAOK player might see some action at the Euro.

Kitsiou got injued in the game and at a minimum will miss the Iraklis game. Might be a chance for Skondras to finally get playing time.

I liked Pelkas today. He was very good, specially in 1st half. By the end of the game it was evident he was out of breath. Kitsiou had a decent game as well. Great pass on the Stafylidis goal.

We're really racking up the injuries here. Wouldn't be surprised if Mak or Rodrigues is played on the right side instead. Tudor doesn't seem to rate Skondras.

If Mak is played up the middle again, and Rodrigues moves to the right, might be another chance for Korovesis, at least.

in this thread we can talk about the great greek international alexandros tziolis who played a pivotal role in the ethniki's 4-3 win over hungary

to say nothing of the performances of kitsiou, pelkas, and our academy product stafylidis in that match

Edited by gdkmangosalsa

Going to come out and say it, at risk of being abused but I think Tziolis has been fantastic for us so far this season, one of our best performers. In seasons previous I haven't held back to point out how disappointing he's been but he's been consistently good so far, even with the odd Tziolis lapse here and there.

I don't know if I'd agree. He was good vs Dortmund, but I very often see him playing the most inexplicably bad passes. I still cringe whenever he moves forward, as he looks worlds apart from our attacking players in skill and style.

But, he was consistently decent last season up until December, and hasn't been completely awful this year. I do think we'll see a repeat of what happened last time around, though. I can only hope Cimirot or Antonis stay healthy and competent, for when the time comes.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest call ups for upcoming games:

SENIOR NT:  Tzavellas, Tziolis, Pelkas, Athanasiadis, Kitsiou  (friendly games against Luxembourg and Turkey)

SWEDEN NT:  Olsen  (2016 Euro playoff game)

U21 NT: Konstantinidis, Charis plus loaned players Giannoulis, Pouggouras  (U21 Euro qualifying games against Liechtenstein and Hungary)