Phantis Forums

PAOK International Players (National Teams)

pash

I figure this would be a worthy new topic - somewhere we can talk about our players in regards to their national teams.

I'll start things off by noting that Kace just scored in a friendly vs France with a terrific free kick.

Five PAOK players will represent Greece in the U19 European Championships finals that will take place in Katerini, Veroia and Larisa in July:

Nikos Vasaitis

Timotheos Tselepidis

Stylianos Pozoglou

Efthimios Koulouris

Panagiotis Deligiannidis

Yianko, Ninis has probably regained his form and deserves to be back with the Ethniki. He's not the player that was injured and awful when at PAOK. He's the best midfielder Greece has at the moment.

and there is our biggest problem

• 2 weeks later...

Under 19's first game in the euro championship against Ukraine next week. We've seen glimpses of Koulouris and Pozoglou who obviously have talent but I'm looking forward to seeing Deligiannidis who we rate highly, perhaps Tselepidis and Vasaitis can get some gametime too.

Edited by Pontos

Five PAOK players will represent Greece in the U19 European Championships finals that will take place in Katerini, Veroia and Larisa in July:

Nikos Vasaitis

Timotheos Tselepidis

Stylianos Pozoglou

Efthimios Koulouris

Panagiotis Deligiannidis

nice to see our youngsters playing for our national team 

• Like it 1

• 1 month later...

Kitsiou and Tziolis have been called up to the NT. I believe this will be Kitsiou's first call-up?

Very pumped about Stelios making it there. It was written in the ethniki thread that Torosidis is suspended due to an accumulation of cards; it seems that Kitsiou's biggest competition for that spot now is Vyntra. Surely Tsanas won't play him over Kitisiou? Who am I kidding, this is a foregone conclusion.

Anyway - the kid definitely has what it takes. Strong, fast, loves getting forward. Can defend better than Holebas. Would probably take a few caps before he is settled down and comfortable though; something tells me people will get impatient.