Phantis Forums

Transfers and Rumors

Crazy

If torosidis stays he will be guarenteed a starting position. He is the best player on our team and will be one of the best next year. So its all about where the coach wants him. If the coach wants him as a right wing midfielder, then he will play there and galitsios will be on the right back. I doubt if everyone is health we will see toro in the center mid though. Toro will most likly be the starter at right back and galitsios can be a solid back up.

No I meant Galitsios. Is Galitsios going to be a 1st team player?

Oh just saw your last line... so he'll be on the bench.

Edited by Euro2004

How can we be signing players when we dont know who the coach is. Doesnt the coach have a say in his roster.

In Europe the coach doesn't actually buy the players, the director of football does. In England it's always the coach. So this is a European set-up with Ivic buying and the coach, coaching.

i may be wrong but wasnt bangura the kid from cyprus that attracted interest from top clubs after a great season but then sort of vanished.

Oh him! He plays for Nea Salamina. He seems like a decent young player but not someone that will really help Oly in the short term.

Edited by DUDE

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody heard the rumour about Giannakopoulos wanting to come back??

He'll probably leave in the summer, but why Oly? He wouldn't get in the team.

Aris are reported to be interested, and that would be a much better move for him.

Anybody heard the rumour about Giannakopoulos wanting to come back??

Herd about it, my dad told me but I dont know how resorceful that will be. Im trying to find link on something but I cant really find anything. As of now, I dont think its a strong rumor but I bet it will go down. Perfect backup for galletti. Someone who really loves the club and can teach the young players. And the fans love him. Stelios is defantly on the move, even if bolton stay up. Hes getting up there in age and hell want to finish proud. I would love him back. Anyone got links? Cause I want him badly. But only as a back up. If he starts, ill be mad because he doesnt have it in him no more. I dont want him to ruin his legandary gavros status.

With the epl now over, we know that reading derby and birmigham are getting realigated. It would be a snag if we could sign some players. Out the three teams Id say Stephen Hunt would be perfect for Olympiakos. Were gonna need a left winger to replace djordjvic who shouldnt be starting no more and hunt is a cheep alternative who I think is pretty good in big games. From Birmigham Sebastian Larsson would fit in nicely here. James Mccfaddon is another good player on Birmigham but defantly wouldnt come to olympiakos. From derby,I wouldnt take anyone. Maybe Earnshaw, but for the money you can get way more. All these players are good targets but none would leave england other than ( possibly ) Larsson. British players love to stay in the Uk.

I like the idea of picking players from big leagues who just get relegated and are too good of players to be playing in lower divisions. My bet is that we wont sign anyone from england this offseason, but you never know. I think it would be a good move if we snapped up a player who gets relegated in spain or Italy? You guys agree?

Yes it does not sound like a bad idea but the problem in our case is who is actually going to scout the players and who is going to make the suggestions???No coach and no General manager so that leaves no one of actually doing the work unless we have our scouts take some more responsibilities. :blink:

The newspapers were saying about Cardoso from Asteras Tripolis and Papadopoulos from Aris but nothing more certain.....how can you do transfers if you dont have a coach is still a mystery to me.....

With the epl now over, we know that reading derby and birmigham are getting realigated. It would be a snag if we could sign some players. Out the three teams Id say Stephen Hunt would be perfect for Olympiakos. Were gonna need a left winger to replace djordjvic who shouldnt be starting no more and hunt is a cheep alternative who I think is pretty good in big games. From Birmigham Sebastian Larsson would fit in nicely here. James Mccfaddon is another good player on Birmigham but defantly wouldnt come to olympiakos. From derby,I wouldnt take anyone. Maybe Earnshaw, but for the money you can get way more. All these players are good targets but none would leave england other than ( possibly ) Larsson. British players love to stay in the Uk.

I like the idea of picking players from big leagues who just get relegated and are too good of players to be playing in lower divisions. My bet is that we wont sign anyone from england this offseason, but you never know. I think it would be a good move if we snapped up a player who gets relegated in spain or Italy? You guys agree?

I've always been a fan of poaching top players from relegated teams, but I'm afraid I disagree with you file. I don't think any of those players good offer anything to Oly (only possibly Larsson as a back-up, but they've just signed him and he'd be expensive. His ability just doesn't equate to his price). Kenny Miller from Derby is a good forward, but again same problem with price vs ability. McFadden is a good player, but very inconsistent and doesn't get goals. In a team that plays counter-attack he good be a useful addition though. Only problem is that he's too similar too Lua Lua, but not as good.

Zarate who was on loan at Birmingham is a paixtara but the Saudi team that owns him wants something like

DUDE your list is all these Englishmen....... its really not that realistic at all.

English players very rarley leave England, they hate abroad, its like putting cat in water. With very few exceptions (pretty much all to Real Madrid, McMannaman, Owen, Beckham, Woodgate.... when was the last time a big english player left for abroad? Even the youth, they very very very rarely play abroad man....

Its really a rare thing. I think its because the English rank the EPL as more imporant than any other league including CL, and thats probably why its so rare that they move abroad, theyd most often rather play for the Boltons and Portsmouth and compete in the EPL and battle over 10th place, than go to other leagues... I think any talented youth in England wouldnt even consider OSFP, because theyre so set on the future in the EPL.

Foreign players in England is different though. They arent grown up around the EPL, and are more open to other leagues and teams.

Edited by drakos13

DUDE your list is all these Englishmen....... its really not that realistic at all.

English players very rarley leave England, they hate abroad, its like putting cat in water. With very few exceptions (pretty much all to Real Madrid, McMannaman, Owen, Beckham, Woodgate.... when was the last time a big english player left for abroad? Even the youth, they very very very rarely play abroad man....

Its really a rare thing. I think its because the English rank the EPL as more imporant than any other league including CL, and thats probably why its so rare that they move abroad, theyd most often rather play for the Boltons and Portsmouth and compete in the EPL and battle over 10th place, than go to other leagues... I think any talented youth in England wouldnt even consider OSFP, because theyre so set on the future in the EPL.

Foreign players in England is different though. They arent grown up around the EPL, and are more open to other leagues and teams.

Apart from Dawson and Sidwell, all the players I've suggested are forign re. :)

Although you're right that a nowm exists of English players staying in England, Gazza and Ince played in Italy, Lua Lua is practically English as is Kazim Richards, Harte played in Spain for Levante so did Vinny Samways, Beckham has gone from Real to the US, etc. British players don't go abroad because they're usually not good enough technically, but where exceptions exist they seem willing to give it a shot. If you're Dawson for example sitting on the bench at Tottenham, and the other team interested in you is Sunderland, would you not consider CL football at Olympiakos? He may be too pig-headed like you say, and there are many like that, but we won't know if we don't pursue them.

But who cares, as Crazy says, we just sacked a great director of football and have no manager, who exactly will bring in these players? Kokkali will buy a couple of decent players from within the league, Cardozo, Cleyton, & Avraam, and that'll be it. Yeah he'll throw a couple of big names around to get the fans excited, but nothing will come of it. He'll keep Segura or get some other mediocre bum at the helm, we'll lose a couple of games in the CL and Gate 7 will start complaining about Ivic and Lemoni, as well as the big names that Kokkali promised. Then just when things can't get any worse, Oly will beat AEK or PAO, and all the sheep will be happy once more with their omadara: Olympiakara... sound familiar?

Dude i dont think Segura will be at olympiakos at all next year. He actually said no to Kokkalis to take over as coach. Smart man he would have got sacked. Do you think Olympiakos should get back Giannakopoulos?

I'm sure Segura will remain at some capacity, although probably not as manager.

As for Giannakopoulos, I've seen him alot this season. He's decent for the Greek league but not for Olympiakos... Aris, Panionios, Larisa, etc, yes he'd do well. He's a right midfielder primarily and he is miles behind Galletti. That's my opinion... what do you think?

I agree with you on Giannakopoulos. I hope we dont sign him for the setimental reason. I just read on some sites that say that the coach could be known before the cup game. If we do get a good coach they need to make great transfers due to no well known coach will come to be dictated by a president on what players to buy.

Ernesto Valverde is guy guy who is being tipped to manage us (the current Espanyol manager who has never won anything... he's pefect! :LOL: )

I am joking... he guided Espanyol to their first European final in 19 years so he should be a good addition.

Edited by DUDE

• Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic