Phantis Forums

PAOK goalkeepers

italosPAOK4

• 2 months later...

Olsen seems like a clown.  I'd take Glykos, Itanje, or even Jakobo over him at this point.  That header from Veria is Goalkeeping 101....ESPECIALLY for a tall mofo like him.  I'm not a fan.

Clearly the weakest on exposed form so far.

Yeah.  I've got no complaints about the guy.  A decent keeper in my opinion. Is he starting over there in Turkey?

That header by Veria and the silly goal on out 1st or 2nd friendly match was enough for me to see this Olsen character is useless.   I truly hope I'm wrong, but I don't think his status could survive another blunder.  One more mistake, and as a coach you HAVE to bench him.  You can't pull Mystakidis out of a match, friendly or not, for making a bad decision....and let Olsen keep playing.

Edited by BostonThanatos

The Veroia goal was bad, but that's the only really bad error I've seen him make.  The penalty against him was farcical.  Granted, he gave the referee rope with which to hang him.  I won't make a judgement on him just yet.

Having said that, I am a little concerned.  I expected a little better.  All of the signings so far, with the exception of Malezas are all young.  I can only reason that Arnesen thought Olsen > Itandje based purely on age.  And Arnesen also wants players with a good attitude so that also could have led to Itandje being shown the exit door.

• 10 months later...