Phantis Forums

2015-16 UEFA Europa League

pash

There is no doubt whatsoever Tudor and Arnesen will take this game ultra seriously. I am sure they realise they will get stacks of criticism for not making the group stages. However, their eagerness to trim the squad was a bit too aggressive for my liking. They should have held onto Lucas for another 2 weeks at the very least.

The writing was on the wall with that guy, I'm guessing the Spanish league is starting soon and he wanted to get in for preseason (or just hates bougatsa).

Any chance of Klaus making it for either game? I thought he was out 4-6 weeks, which is right about now.

How could they be the best team in Denmark when they finished 3rd...

It is a tough draw but PAOK are clearly favorites. They just about scraped past Omonia.

I never said they are the best team in Denmark. I said they have the best Roster in Denmark in my opinion. There are other factors that decide who wins a league. Pukki is not an unexperienced player like the strikers of Trnava or Lokomotiva , and your defence has had its moments even with those teams. Agger definately the best player in their Roster, experienced and played in good teams , but he is old and slow. 

You are right Pash, that I wrote this. And it still stands. The only exception is the qualification.

Did not know that but actually my favourite club in Holland (AZ Alkmaar) bought a defender of Cukaricki Beograd who played in QR1 and QR2 for his old club but he is not allowed to play in QR4 (or PO) because of that rule. He is allowed to play in GS if AZ qualifies. So therefor he is allowed to play for another club in the same season.

You almost got me! :tup:

The list for the next two games:

Athanasiadis, Charisis, Glykos, Golasa, Kace, Kitsiou, Korovesis, Vitor, Maduro, Mak, Malezas, Melissas, Rodrigues, Costa, Mistakidis, Olsen, Pelkas, Pereira, Rat, Salpingidis, Siampanis, Skondras, Tzavellas, Tziolis

B list: Deligiannidis, Konstantinidis, Koulouris, Panagiotoudis, Papadopoulos, Popovits, Poungouras, Pozoglou, Qose, Savvidis

Very confused by this - why are Golasa, Pereira, and Rat in this list at all, and why would Konstantinidis/Koulouris/Poungouras/Savvidis be pushed to the B list for these people?

The 'B' list is comprised of players from the teams academy. I believe it's some kind of UEFA requirement. As you can see there are players on that list that are not even on the team right now.

As for the Golasa/Pereyra/Rat is concerned. I can only think it's a strategic move by PAOK in case those players want to go to FIFA concerning their contracts.

The squad rules by UEFA state that a team can select 25 players for an A-list, plus a B-list for young players, that teams can fill with anyone they want who was at least three years in the youthsquads academy.

That doesn't mean a guy from the A-list has bigger chances of playing than the B-list guys, it's just a administrative formality.

The other reason why Rats/Golasa/Pereyra are on the list because the team has the option to replace on e player on the list 24 hours before the first game. Obviously if they decide to replace somebody, it would be for a players that is not in the plans. There is also the remote chance that any of those 3 will be asked to rejoin the team, but that's very unlikely.

Our defense still scares the living s%$#! out of me.  If Costa could find his form and be 70% the player he used to be, we'd be OK.  Vitor is a disaster waiting to happen.  I don't know how he didn't get the boot this year.

the one position you are safe in at PAOK appears to be in the centre of defence. We are so thin in the position it's not funny

I think the truth is, our defense has been shaky for a while.  I had faith in Vitor but I don't think he's at the level required.  Costa, we'll see.  Malezas will help but if we come up against a team with a dangerous attack, we struggle.  That's why I believe Tudor is experimenting with 3 at the back.

Edited by Bananas

After yesterday it is 99.99 % certain we will make the Europa league group stage. This should have been one of our goals this season. Any additional progress in Europe this season will be a bonus.

It's quite important that we once again make the group stage. Five times in the last six seasons that we made the group stage. This can only be good for our UEFA team standings, which translates in being seeded among the strong teams in the European competitions.

For next season we will lose the points from the 2010-2011 season, which was our 2nd best in the last 6 years. That's why we need to accumulate as many points as possible this season in order to offset the poor 2012-2013 season that will still be on the books for 2 additional seasons.

I had a feeling Panathinaikos wouldn't make it through, in spite of our friends predicting 5-0, 4-0 scores. Fenerbahce through 3-0 as well. So it's just two Greek teams in the EL group stages.

My condolences for your guys' loss, but at the end of the day talking about how powerful your fanela is, and all the history behind it, does not cover up poor performances now. Even each time Rome was rebuilt, it wasn't completed in a day ;)

I don't recall the cash prizes for participation - do you know what the total pool that's divided is?

It looks like @greekfooty has answered my question - an additional 500k EUR split between us and Asteras.