Phantis Forums

Michael Essien

Accor6

ante accor... could you get any more than a propaganda filled article??

Even if Essien shows 40% of his talents then he'd be destroying sides.....   ase mas....

Even the story of sitting on the bench at Milan and then building up enough power/strength to grace the fields against Aigaleio again is rather cute....

This is ONE article saying we are paying 600k, yet there are 10 other articles saying his salary is above 1 million....

So I guess now that i read ONE article saying his salary is 600k...i should disregard the previous articles and be completely OK with the transfer....

Ok fine... Let's go with that.... EVEN IF HIS SALARY IS STILL 600k... or 400k... why should I be paying a guy money who is as durable and fragile as a snowflake...

You could have easily used 600k and the money spent to fly has ass over in a private jet... to help with leverage of bringing Abeid sooner or even better, buying better scouts (perhaps the atromitos/astera/xanthi scouts) or buying an up and coming prospect like a younger-Zeca.... His transfer fee was only 500k

Instead, we bring some over the hill player who comes in injured... offer him the second highest salary on our squad... and keep him on the windowpane b/c he's too fragile to be taken out for gameday.....

I'm so against this transfer, its not even funny

• Like it 1

We know who Athanasiou is and what he writes. So if you read carefully his salary COULD reach over a million dollars if he played over 65% of the games. So no Puma and no bullshit

And for the record exaggeration is different than propaganda

You are so confused its not even funny

I think some here are reading too much not the Essien move and creating premature conclusions before the guy can play a few games.

My bottom line all this as follows.

Essien if he can stay relatively healthy and play 20 odd games for PAO this year ( always risky numbers with his medical track record ) he will be a huge upgrade over anything PAO had at central midfield last year. The man is a quality professional footballer

Now the money PAO/ Alafouzos/Puma / my grandmother etc have spent to bring Essien to PAO is a big deal why again ? Didn't realize we have accountants here in these forums . All Greek SL teams piss money away every year on transfers. Some turn out to be ok and contribute to the team while most are garbage wasteful ones anyway regardless of total cost.

In 12 months from now half the current PAO and OLY , PAOK and AEK squads will be different than the ones we are looking at today.

Can't we all just be happy here that Michael Essien will be wearing a green jersey soon ? Even if its not that many games.

I suppose a few here would prefer some unknown Portuguese or Ghana player to come to PAO on a free transfer and a 6 month contract just because he's cheap.

• Like it 6

Essien

Sanchez

Bourbons

Just on top of my head

First off, 30 deserves every bit of criticism he gets... who the hell goes partying the night before your biggest European game???   That ALONE is means to be cut from the team for good... thats disrespecful the club and his teamates.. As far as I'm concerned, he's not part of our team anymore

SEcond off. I stood up for Bourbos and took back a lot of what I said about him recently

Again, what do you care what they do on their FREE time?

Because when you get knocked out of Europe by a team that was just created a few years ago that has absolutely no European pedigree... then you should be ashamed to post your AMAZING adventures especially with all the money that your paid

ESPECIALLY when you JEOPARIZED YOUR TEAM or have really made no significant impact because you packed on 10 lbs due to your unproffessional behavior

Instead of suntanning with his babe or making videos of his next rap video... maybe they should make videos of their training... or perhaps leave the social media game for a little while until things kind of ease up at the club

Let me put it this way....  

Let's say I'm your family doctor... and your relative gets very sick ( **knock on wood hope everyone is healthy**)... and I say come in and give you the "talk" and tell you your relative only has hours to live and let's make the rest of his time as peaceful as we possibly can....

Would you be completely OK seeing me at the bar getting trashed or going to a strip club that night after I have just delivered you TERRIBLE news

OF COURSE NOT!!!

Although not as serious as the example I described above..... its ALL about professionalism....