Phantis Forums

Former PAOK Players/Coaches

pash

Ο Μπαλάφας σίγουρα έφαγε κόκκινη όταν έβαλε το πέναλτι στο Χαριλάου και έβγαλε τη μπλούζα να πανηγυρίσει τότε στα προημιτελικά Κυπέλλου πριν 10 χρόνια.

• 2 weeks later...

Μπράβο στον Κλάους. Αν έβαζε αυτή την κεφαλιά παίκτης ΑΕΧ ή Ολυμπιακού θα μας μιλούσαν τρεις μέρες για το εξαιρετικό τελείωμα. Η μεγάλη έκπληξη ήταν το διπλό του πεσμένου Απόλλων στη Ν. Σμύρνη.

Can't be more official than this - Leveque has found himself a new team back in Grant. Thank goodness! Too bad it took this long to give him the boot. Let's see if he is ever injured again, shall we?

• 2 weeks later...

Χρήστο και οι παλαιότεροι (Μπόστον και όποιος άλλος) πείτε καμιά κουβέντα για τον Σκαρτάδο. Είναι από τους παίκτες που πραγματικά λυπάμαι που δεν πρόλαβα να δω. Και κυρίως λυπάμαι για τον τρόπο που έφυγε από την ομάδα ως "τελειωμένος" στα 32 του και κατέληξε να παίξει σε Ηρακλή και Ολυμπιακό για σχεδόν πέντε σεζόν.

Great player though I did not see him a lot. In those days there was no internet. I used to buy Mondays paper on Tuesday at Rotterdam Central station. In 1990 I saw him for the first time playing live in the stadium, PAOK -Sevilla (see also the topic about my baptism in Toumba), where he missed the first penalty in the penalty shootout after two 0-0’s. He scored some important goals against in Europe that I saw on Thursday when some goals where broadcasted from the day before as all European games were played on Wednesday. Saw him also in Belgium against KV Mechelen (goal Borbokis few minutes before FT).

Just found this vid. Love the white shirts with the COPLAM shirtsponsor. Used to have one myself. Thanx Yianko for this trip to memory lane.

Feels great that we got our money and don't have to worry about the repercussions (unless they try to stiff us out of the rest of installments for Prijo). Wouldn't be surprised if they have some way to get rid of them, but with 10 games left they still can make it out - especially since they're only 3 points off from the relegation play off. Prijo got injured almost immediately, didn't he?

15 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

Prijovic's team looks like is gonna be relegated unless they REALLY get their heads out of their a$$e$....Do you guys think they have some clause to dump Prijo and Rodrigues if that happens?  Seems crazy to carry those contracts into the B League over there.

Dude they literally have money growing on trees out there.

18 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

In Prijo's defense, the team needs to learn to exist only to cross the ball to him....otherwise he's worthless.  No dribble, no control no vision....

oooft... come off the fence and tell us how you really feel! ?

That cross to Pelkas in the final was beautiful. For that alone i will never hear a bad word said about his vision!

18 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

In Prijo's defense, the team needs to learn to exist only to cross the ball to him....otherwise he's worthless.  No dribble, no control no vision....

No dribble, no control no vision ... just goals.  Lots and lots of them.  I’ll miss the big lug, but yeah I get what you’re saying.  I’d still have him in the team.  Lucescu just didn’t  want to mess with a formula that working and really who can blame him.

19 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Prijo and Gary played in the last 3 games, but accomplished nothing. Probably the best deals PAOK ever made. Their next leagues will probably be China or MLS.

Rodrigues started slowly at Galatasaray but by the time he left he was doing very well. I’ll always have a soft spot for him for that goal he scored against Fiorentina and for that game against Panathinaikos in Toumba where he single handedly dismantled their defence in the first 30 minutes of the game.

Edited by Bananas