Phantis Forums

Former PAOK Players/Coaches

pash

On 8/10/2018 at 12:14 AM, pash said:

Do you buy that he was that encouraging to Akpom? I never got the impression that Lucas liked it here.

Agree.  Although to be fair the team was all over the place mentally what with changing of managers and no stability.  Not that it matters but I believe he’d be much happier in today’s setup.

On 8/10/2018 at 12:41 AM, Yiankos said:

It is one of those moves Wenger did and I couldn't understand it at all. 22 million dollars for Lucas??? And now ended up transferring to West Ham for almost 1/5 of that money.

Because EPL clubs have so much money they’ve lost touch with reality.  The transfer fees paid this summer are f###ing stupid.  Just stupid.

22 hours ago, Athens4 said:

From the moment I saw him when we played against Karpaty Lviv back in 2011, I rated him. I was over the moon when he signed for us. He is a quality player.

Yeah man, his quality was always obvious.  At least to me anyway.

I have a column on tweetdeck devoted to keywords of Greek players, and you wouldn't believe how many people have said that Sokratis is garbage because "a real defender would have cost 50mm". Unreal how these people think.

On 8/17/2018 at 10:23 PM, pash said:

Not sure how I missed this for two years. Youtube recommended this to me while I was watching the Wernbloom interview; brought a tear to my eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Rs3NI4RUc

An absolute embarrassment how he'd been treated.

Our fans were zoa.  Instead of kissing his feet they spat on him.  All this while he didn’t even want to be transferred to PAO but was forced out because the club needed the money.  And to top it off he came back to the club free.

• Like it 1

On 8/24/2018 at 1:14 AM, pash said:

Klaus is officially a free agent. 19 games, 1 goal

Will be interesting to see where he ends up.  I can’t see many teams in the GSL being interested in him.  At least not on the sort of wages he’d like.  Right now Klaus isn’t worth 50K per year.

Abdoul Camara (he played for us from January till Juni 2013 as a loanee from Sochaux) has - only 28 years old - announced his retirement. Some media say he has a serious injury problem following knee ligament trouble suffered at the end of 2017. Other say he suffers some kind of heartfailure. 

17 hours ago, pash said:

The Peponi is Maduro?

Shame on you.

18 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

The mighty peponi is announced as assistant for the Dutch U-21 squad.

Good luck to my fellow fruitaki.

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 1