Phantis Forums

Former PAOK Players/Coaches

pash

• 2 weeks later...

The season in France is over and the French FA decided that the standings right after the corona-outbreak will be also the final standings for the 2019/2020 season. Therefore Koulouris is relegated with his club Toulouse.

Law suits are expected as some teams claim they would have been able to avoid relegation or achieve european football (like Olympique Lyonnais).

It was always going to be messy one way or another. I heard that the French football federation have a rule in place where by if the season cannot be finished for whatever reason the table stands as is. If that is indeed the case then Lyon and co aren't going to have much luck with their lawsuits. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Couldn’t care one iota if Abel leaves.  The only thing that burns me is his high salary which he totally does not deserve.  As for Ivic, not sure.  There is still the mystery of why he left ... maybe Ivan pulled a gun out on him ha ha.  Ivic as a coach was decent.  Not sure if he’s got what it takes to win a title (now that Lucescu raised the bar).  If it were up to me I’d be considering Garcia as the next manager.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Deligiannidis is off to Romania. Expect this to be the exact career path for Balogiannis as well.

Canas looks like he's linked with a second-division side in Spain, after his contract with Red Star was terminated. Guess the new adventure wasn't all it was cracked out to be.

-edit- Oh and Shakhov wants out of Lecce. See above for my hot take.

Edited by pash

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...