Phantis Forums

PAOK Technical Director (?)

Blackhawk

Were those players already established?  I can sign Ronaldo and Messi if you give me enough money.

They were all established to some degree, but so does my 45 year old mate who is still playing seniors here for my local club and has done for more than 500 games. If you mean how many weren't superstars yet? I'd say Essien, Mikel, Ivanovic, Sturridge and Matic.

I've always stood behind what Blackhawk just mentioned.  This year they had to pay to unload dead weight.   Some of the talent he brought on seems decent....but with all the other negative factors of this season (Early European matches, late Transfers, Late signing of coach, unloading dead weight, OLSEN, Injuries, injuries, injuries, Perpatov, Lucas not staying..)  We never stood a chance. 

I'm just surprised how with 10 minutes and google, I found that every previous team considered his stint with the team a failure.  Even the 5 years at Chelsea, between the press, fans and management, are considered a huge waste of money and time.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just watching this press conference now. I like that Michel doesn't believe in signing good players to only one-year contracts...it just makes it more likely we'd lose them for nothing if they have a good season.

Nice to see Michel clearly state that statistically the defense was not good during the regular season and that this is something they hope to fix by signing a GK and CB.

Also, looks like we might have some clarity on why we have so many injuries.  Michel said that the warm downs post training were not adequate.

Edited by Bananas

This raspy voiced motherF***er is making me want to tear out my own ears. Did I really just listen to five minutes of him bitching than an hour-long Q&A wasn't nearly enough for him? Reminds me of every uncle that I hate.

Also, looks like we might have some clarity on why we have so many injuries.  Michel said that the warm downs post training were not adequate.

A 500sq meter extension just for a recovery center. If it means we don't lose players for stupid reasons, I'm all for it

This raspy voiced motherF***er is making me want to tear out my own ears. Did I really just listen to five minutes of him bitching than an hour-long Q&A wasn't nearly enough for him? Reminds me of every uncle that I hate.

Ha ha. Yeah I noticed him. With a voice like that you'd think he would have a gig in the sex industry instead of journalism.

• Like it 1

A 500sq meter extension just for a recovery center. If it means we don't lose players for stupid reasons, I'm all for it

Well, it will be interesting to see how the season will unfold regarding injuries. We won't know for quite a while if this will make difference to our horrendous injury list, but I'm glad the we are taking the initiative to at least try and solve the issue.

Didn't we hear before that it was the actual surface at the training facility that was the problem?

It was mentioned many times. But it was never stated unequivocally. More a case of "we believe it could be the surface ...". What Ivic said just sounds more ... plausible.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It is an absolute joke. The reporters of PAOK like Kolkas have too much power. They managed to say that Cistiakov was to blame. The same for Arnesen of all people! Frank Arnesen! Now Michel is to blame. I have said it before, the first people that need ξύλο are the reporters.

Μόνο και μόνο επειδή δεν τον βάλανε στο τσάρτερ με την ομάδα. Άντε και γ@μήσου χοντρέ!

Hopefully Savvidis doesn't accept it.  For myself, he's the best TD we've had and if you have a look at the players he's brought to the club, most were decent.  Only Brkic has been a complete flop.  The rest you can see there is something there.

Now his job is to bring players to the team.  It's not his job to train them, make sure they're fit, keep them motivated, keep them hungry, keep them scared.  That's for others to do.  Matos, Crespo, Canas, Shakhov, Biseswar, Campos, Prijovic, Henrique.  These are players that have come to the team while he's been TD.  Hardly crap players.  They have their issues but it's not his role as TD to make sure they're at 100%.  That's up to the manager.

End of the day, until we get a manager with a*****A and a midfielder in the mold of Garcia who can be a real captain on the pitch, the team will struggle to stay motivated.

Did it get accepted? I credit Michel with most of our successes for these past two years. It would be a horrible mistake to let him go. If anything, Savvidis should take another step back and let him run things as he sees fit.

Apparently a decision will be made after the transfer closing deadline (August 31). Not sure if it is actually the case or just sleazy media speculation creating their own news.

I agree with pash. It would be a mistake to let Michel go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Michel resigned. This time it was accepted.

«Η ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ ανακοινώνει πως έγινε δεκτή η παραίτηση που υπέβαλε ο Λούμπος Μίχελ από τη θέση του μέλους του Δ.Σ. και του Αθλητικού Διευθυντή.

Ο κ.Μίχελ θα παραμείνει σε θέση εξωτερικού συμβούλου για θέματα ποδοσφαίρου και τη θέση του Αθλητικού Διευθυντή αναλαμβάνει ο Μάριο Μπράνκο.

Η συμβολή του κ.Μίχελ τα τελευταία τρία χρόνια ήταν σημαντική και τον ευχαριστούμε θερμά».

• Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK Technical Director (?)
  • Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK Technical Director (Olaf Rebbe)