Phantis Forums

PAOK Technical Director (?)

Blackhawk

@PAOKSYD

The criticism of Savvidis is his impatience ... Can you name ONE club in Europe - that plays UCL or UEL football year in and year out - that turns over it's management and/or front office annually?

We have not had a manager last beyond April in 4 consecutive seasons. That's a joke.

Arnesen said he had a three year plan, yet he was only given 8 months to complete it. That's a joke. 

Tudor has used 19 different lineups in ~30 games because of injuries and suspensions, yet we blame him for lack of chemistry. That's a joke. 

It's the owners job to pay the bills and the debts. I'm eternally grateful to Savvidis for preventing an AEK-Aris type humiliation. But football clubs are not - and cannot - be run like businesses. 90% of clubs in Europe not in the BPL lose money every year. It is an inexact science to begin with. Give people the power to make decisions and give them meaningful opportunities to succeed. Otherwise, you are hurting not helping the product. 

• Like it 1

So as long as I pay the bills at home, it's OK to neglect my kids and beat my wife?  Let's not give him too much credit for doing WHAT HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE DOING!  "At least the players are paid!"  The Players are supposed to be paid! "At least he's paying the bills!"  He's SUPPOSED to pay the bills.  How low is the bar of expectation?  He's hiring people, and not allowing them to do s%$#!.  He needs to stop listening to the fans, and do what's right for the team.  

Getting Arnesen was a HUGE step in the right direction.  We had to unload a disgusting amount of dead weight in players, and had to pay out another disgusting amount in money for all those shitty contracts.  This upcoming summer, Arnesen would have had the entire budget to work with

We just pulled a Greek p*****a....if Arnesen stayed another month, he was guaranteed another $2M Euros in pay...

• Like it 1

Everyone blames savvidis. The guy is paying the bills, bringing in people to do the right job no good now f off back to norway for me

Stick to what you're good at.  Growing agricultural products and paying the bills.  Don't act like a bitch when G4 is looking for a scape goat.  We've gone through 4 managers since he's been in charge.

I go back to a post I made some time ago. The longest tenure for a coach at our club is 3 years [although without getting specific dates it's hard to tell if any made it that far, Santos didn't make it 3 years but Les Shannon might have] if I'm being generous over 45 years. That is a rezili.

Not to mention having a coach last less than a month.

Are things more stable now from a financial perspective? Yes. Are they more stable from a playing perspective? No.

Are things more stable now from a financial perspective? Yes. Are they more stable from a playing perspective? No.

So true.  So true.  You'd think that one would've brought the other but it hasn't eventuated ... yet.  As for the managers that lasted a month, are you talking about Beretta or ROFL Fringer ?

So Wikipedia shows that this guy has no experience as a technical director or scout or anything of the sorts... This seems like a classic PAOK move.

He worked for seven years as the "FC Shakhtar International Competitions Department Director", now what that means is up to interpretation, it could be the guy who organises flights when they are in euro comps or it could mean he was in charge of scouting overseas leagues. This isn't a classic PAOK move, the classic PAOK move was firing Frank Arnesen, if this was classic PAOK we would have rehired Vryzas.

• Like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

I heard there was a story released about how PAOK got rid of Arnesen after realizing he's a con artist, who conned Chelsea for years out of millions and that he was chased out of Hamburger....just carrying over a bunch of failed Chelsea prospects...and always blaming managements unwillingness to be patient with young nobodies.

I can't find it, but it's an interesting "theory".

Edited by BostonThanatos

The general consensus amongst Chelsea supporters is he's trash.  Of all the young talent he recruited, none ever made it to the big leagues....his time at Hamburg FC is also considered a failure by all the Bundesliga reports I've come across.

Here's a quotoe from the ESPN article, does the wording sound familiar?

http://www.espnfc.us/story/1456592/hamburg-confirm-frank-arnesen-departure

The former Chelsea man Arnesen's transfer policy came in for criticism directly after his appointment in 2011, when a number of fringe players following the Dane from Stamford Bridge to the Bundesliga.

Ever since, Arnesen's performance has been heavily scrutinised with the club's failure to qualify for the Europa League this season sealing his fate.

That was despite being substantially backed in the transfer market that included the ?13 million signing of Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart. The total transfer expenses added up to some ?27 million, with only some ?7 million generated on the income side.

A club statement explained the parting of ways was due to a "difference in opinions concerning the long-term direction of the club".

...and everywhere he goes, he tries to bring his patsavoures along for the ride.

The stories have all been there for year....unfortunately the Greek version of Due Dilligence is pulling up someones Wiki page.

Edited by BostonThanatos

I think when we first got him and someone (Boston?) said similar things, my response was "We could do worse than Chelsea dropouts." To be honest, I still kind of believe that.

As for Michel - if he's inexperienced, then it stands to reason he should find an experienced coach. Tudor was selected specifically because he was so new; he also had absolutely no control over transfers.

I think when we first got him and someone (Boston?) said similar things, my response was "We could do worse than Chelsea dropouts." To be honest, I still kind of believe that.

As for Michel - if he's inexperienced, then it stands to reason he should find an experienced coach. Tudor was selected specifically because he was so new; he also had absolutely no control over transfers.

I think Doxa also said this.

In Arnesen's defence the highlights of the Chelsea transfers during 2005-2010

Asier Del Horno

Shaun Wright Phillips

Michael Essien

Michael Ballack

John Obi Mikel

Ashley Cole

Florent Malouda

Nico Anelka

Branislav Ivanovic

Jose Bosingwa

Deco

Daniel Sturridge

Nemanja Matic

There are just as many flops in the list but you can't say that he is incapable of picking any decent players. However I do think his strike rate this year was off

• Like it 1

• Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK Technical Director (?)
  • Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK Technical Director (Olaf Rebbe)