Phantis Forums
Reaper

Transfer Talk

Tsimikas just scored for Willem II the 2-2 in the quarterfinal of the Dutch Cup. 

• Like it 1

On 1/2/2018 at 11:12 PM, Dutch Eagle said:

Tsimikas just scored for Willem II the 2-2 in the quarterfinal of the Dutch Cup. 

could see him getting a chance to oly this summer.

Kapino is playing abroad again. He joined Nottingham Forrest after being without a contract.

Could you open his own thread again, Argy?

BTW, thanks for picking up the good work! :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Kapino is playing abroad again. He joined Nottingham Forrest after being without a contract.

Could you open his own thread again, Argy?

BTW, thanks for picking up the good work! :thumbup:

Absolutely!

Vlachodimos' imminent transfer looks all but final with Benfica for 2.4 million euros. I will start a thread for him once the move is official. Also to be seen is if he places his allegiance with Greece over Germany. 

Reports out of France that Marseille is targeting Fortounis as a summer transfer. Will keep an eye on this one. 

• Like it 1

Reports out of Germany that AEK`s Galanopoulos is targetted by Stuttgart. 

I hope AEK has a good price tag on the kid

Posted (edited)

We are honestly not missing a defensive midfielder who can't create in the NT. We got Zeka for that.

We really need a winger to come out (Limnios, Lamprou, Masouras) and step up his game as well as Fortounis and Pelkas transfering to more competitive leagues to step up their game as well. Highly possible that both of our AMs will wave goodbye to the GSL since they both have had excellent seasons as well as more than a handful of teams asking for em. A box to box like karagounis is also somethign we lack and neither Siopis nor Galanopoulos or Kourbelis are it.

For those unfamiliar with the term: a box to box midfielder is someone who can take the ball from the defense, and carry/hold it past opposission so that the offensive players are all positioned better to receive and create a chance. Unironically the only midfielder we have active or upcomming for the NT right now who is (was actually) a box to box is Tziolis. At the beginning of his career at PAO/Panionios you will see him keep ball and help offensively a lot. Makes you wonder doesn;t it?

Our defensive mechanism works fine for now. Torosidis will soon be a huge loss but we will still find someone who is as good as he is defensively. His aggressive attacking full-back attributes are the ones that will be missed.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

Bakakis showed what an upgrade he is to Torosidis of today mate.

Tziolis has not been a box to box midfielder for at least 4-3 years now

3 hours ago, Alphonse said:

Bakakis showed what an upgrade he is to Torosidis of today mate.

Tziolis has not been a box to box midfielder for at least 4-3 years now

Yeah that's what I said. He actually stopped being one once he moved to Paok where he got a more defensive role. 

By just creating one goal in a meaningless friendly against probably a defense far worse than even Estonia doesn't prove much to me.

With Aek Bakakis is good but he won't have the career of Toro sadly. He is far inferior to Torosidis at his 26.

Toro offensive attributes are still very good but defensively hes mediocre. As long as the defensive mechanism of the team works very well, we can actually "sacrifice" the fullback to a more open role. This is why Stafylidis and Tzavellas fit the team. Stafylidis is a more offensive style player while Tzavellas has tsampouka and prioritizes his defence. Based on who we play Skibbe has used both. Lykogiannis is also a bit more offensively minded. We ll be fine in LB . RB is an issue but we ll make do. The pain is as I said elsewhere.

18 year old Kostas Dimitriou is transferred from PAOK to FC Basel. The fee for the CB was EUR 300,000.00. He signed a 4 year contract.

Sotiris Papagiannopoulos moves from Östersunds FK to FC Copenhagen. He signed a four-year contract and will wear jersey number 4.

• Like it 1

On 5/21/2018 at 8:15 AM, Dean97 said:

I don't know how he hasn't played in the national team yet...

Oh I'm sure you can take a guess 😉

On 5/21/2018 at 8:15 AM, Dean97 said:

I don't know how he hasn't played in the national team yet...

Oh I don't know....probably because he spent the 1st half of the season riding the pine and really hadn't done anything much prior to that for a 29 yr old. Let's see how he continues....if he warrants a call up hopefully he'll get it.

Paschalakis has been impressive with the 8 in a row clean sheets he had. Similar to Gianniotis. It doesn't matter if he's 29 because we all know Goalkeepers last up until the age of 37 on average. He is even played more than Barkas. There is no reason to not try him. He could be better than Karnezis i believe. 

On 6/5/2018 at 6:27 PM, Dean97 said:

Paschalakis has been impressive with the 8 in a row clean sheets he had. Similar to Gianniotis. It doesn't matter if he's 29 because we all know Goalkeepers last up until the age of 37 on average. He is even played more than Barkas. There is no reason to not try him. He could be better than Karnezis i believe. 

Now that you mention Barkas, there are Udinese rumours swirling. 

Does anyone know what's happening with Tachtsidis? Any news on where he will end up?

17 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Does anyone know what's happening with Tachtsidis? Any news on where he will end up?

He posted a story on Instagram training at the Oly facilities a couple of days ago. There has been talk he may be on his way out but nothing more.