Phantis Forums
Reaper

Transfer Talk

31 minutes ago, PanagiotisScordis said:

Gianniotis is doing very well this season for Asteras. He could be our first team keeper in the coming year also Karnezis isn't doing to well at Watford and Kapino has fallen down the pecking orders at Olympiakos. 

Good to hear news about Kourmepelis but I think he should stay at Panathinaikos until the summer where he could get bigger offers from bigger clubs.

I meant coming years.

Like in 3-5 years time 

That's ok but the keepers I am listing there are not old either, aside of Karnezis a bit.

On 1/8/2018 at 1:50 PM, Boxou said:

Gianniotis has potential but we should first watch him in Olympiakos, probably by the upcoming season as well. If he does well there then he can be a part of the NT. 

He would need to make the squad first before he ever even cracks the starting 11.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/news/stadio/calciomercato/2018/01/04-36486811/calciomercato_fiorentina_il_greco_stafylidis_per_la_fascia_sinistra/

Ι ve been seeing this about Stafylidis and Fiorentina for 6 days. I only found 1 Greek article on 6/1/2018 and after that nothing. Hopefully he ends up going in Italy and be loaned in some other Italian team because he desperately needs a few minutes. His lack of gameplay was visible in the last few games of the NT. He still is however, the best we got in a 4-2-3-1

I saw his agent is trying to finalize a few with some bundesliga sides. Anyway what's for sure is that he is moving.

Contra.gr says Stuttgart are amongst the team's interested in Pelkas. Club Brugge and Besiktas the other 2.

1 hour ago, Boxou said:

I saw his agent is trying to finalize a few with some bundesliga sides. Anyway what's for sure is that he is moving.

Contra.gr says Stuttgart are amongst the team's interested in Pelkas. Club Brugge and Besiktas the other 2.

I can't see a reason why Paok would leave his captain go with huge chances of winning a championship. Summer maybe but right now neither Aek nor Oly or Paok would even consider letting a starter/key sub player go. 

Yeah I said earlier that there's no chance someone leaves this transfer window, not even Prijovic for them. 

But this case is interesting, the guy who wants him in Stuttgart also brought Papadopoulos and Stafylidis to Germany. And apparently Stuttgart is the one an offers much more money than the other 2. I hope he makes a move on summer and Fortounis to follow him if possible. Either Leipzig or Besiktas

slavia sofia president, the team where young goalkeeper antonis stergiakis players said they do have offers from germany and england for him. that said, i don't think they are from epl or bundesliga clubs tbh. 

marios oikonomou is about to terminate his loan deal with spal coz of limited playing time and to sign with serie b side bari for the rest of the season. no word if the deal with bologna includes an option to buy so far. bari are sitting in thr 4th place of the league, 3 points behind the automatic relegation. they are, however, inside the promotion playoff zone.

On 3-1-2018 at 12:22 PM, Dean97 said:

The deal is done and tonight Mavropanos is already on the bench for Arsenal’s first leg semifinal League Cup against Chelsea. 

apparently wenger said he's impressed by him in practise so they won't loan him out to werder, but will keep him until may at least. 

What's the point of keeping him if he's won't play. He needs playing time as he is 20. He should of stayed at PAS for the rest of the season then go to Arsenal in the summer. By the way Hatzidiakos, Nikolaou and Retsos are better than him. 

Nikolaou? I honestly hope you're just kidding here. The guy is so raw and technically limited, he is not going to be a better player than Marios Oikonomou. 

And, to my humble opinion being praised by Wenger and playing for Arsenal is a much better career achievement than being a reserve player in Olympiakos or even a starter in Alkmaar..Ffs...

• Like it 1

The fact that Olympiakos have money and preferred to play Nikolaou instead of buying Mavropanos says something. Nikolaou has played champions league and has scored. So there is potential their. I hope Mavropanos does well at Arsenal but I believe there were other better options. This transfer was very random. 

Don't know that olympiako didn't try to buy him. I believe they moved too late and had Mavropano's deal with Arsenal fallen through they were ready to pounce.

1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

The fact that Olympiakos have money and preferred to play Nikolaou instead of buying Mavropanos says something. Nikolaou has played champions league and has scored. So there is potential their. I hope Mavropanos does well at Arsenal but I believe there were other better options. This transfer was very random. 

Mavropanos has been with Pas Giannina since 2016 and he had limited to none playtime last season. Olympiakos couldn't have checked him out when he was on the bench all the time.

Olympiakos in fact DID move for him and there were papers saying he is moving to Olympiakos but I'm pretty sure 2 million for a 20yo centerback when you already paid 7mill for Engels was a no go for Olympiakos. For Arsenal instead 2 million is like those transfers Olympiakos makes from village teams for 300-500 thousands.

Since Wegner depsite being a tactical meme, Wegner has actually developed lots of players who came in the team at such age and who currently play all over Premier League.

However I would not even try to compare Mavropanos with Hatzidiakos and Nikolaou. We all remember non Olympiakos saying Manolas is not very good and that Siovas injury was a killer for the Greek NT before the Mundial. Look at Manolas now. We also all remember Kyriakos Papadopoulos expecting him to be an elite sooner or later and look at him now again. He has surpassed his injury problems due to some good Greek Physio teams (read an article about it about how he was "reborn") but his playstyle became sloppy. 

We don't know what's gonna happen in 2-3 years. And trying to predict it in an anonymous forum is honestly a waste of time. There are too many factors that need to be taken into consideration. Playtime, injuries, player's lust, player's hard work, coach relationship, even lucky circumstances. Our defence with players all over he good leagues in good ages seems settled for at least another 10 years. The problem lies elsewhere.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

3 hours ago, Dean97 said:

No it doesn't say anything to me the fact that Lemonis choose to play with him in the backline in the CL because he wanted to have the team fresh for the league.

swansea and west brom interested in siovas according to english media. would be a nice move but both are fighting with the relegation in england.

10 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Mavropanos has been with Pas Giannina since 2016 and he had limited to none playtime last season. Olympiakos couldn't have checked him out when he was on the bench all the time.

Olympiakos in fact DID move for him and there were papers saying he is moving to Olympiakos but I'm pretty sure 2 million for a 20yo centerback when you already paid 7mill for Engels was a no go for Olympiakos. For Arsenal instead 2 million is like those transfers Olympiakos makes from village teams for 300-500 thousands.

Since Wegner depsite being a tactical meme, Wegner has actually developed lots of players who came in the team at such age and who currently play all over Premier League.

However I would not even try to compare Mavropanos with Hatzidiakos and Nikolaou. We all remember non Olympiakos saying Manolas is not very good and that Siovas injury was a killer for the Greek NT before the Mundial. Look at Manolas now. We also all remember Kyriakos Papadopoulos expecting him to be an elite sooner or later and look at him now again. He has surpassed his injury problems due to some good Greek Physio teams (read an article about it about how he was "reborn") but his playstyle became sloppy. 

We don't know what's gonna happen in 2-3 years. And trying to predict it in an anonymous forum is honestly a waste of time. There are too many factors that need to be taken into consideration. Playtime, injuries, player's lust, player's hard work, coach relationship, even lucky circumstances. Our defence with players all over he good leagues in good ages seems settled for at least another 10 years. The problem lies elsewhere.

I do agree that the problem lies elsewhere, I just thought that Nikolaou would get more attention because of the team he plays in and playing champions league. 

he wasnt anywhere close to spectacular in these games to draw any attention. he's just not ready yet, if he ever reaches this level.

Edited by Boxou

On 29-12-2017 at 7:44 PM, Boxou said:

Diamantakos will move to another club on January.

He signed for cultclub FC St. Pauli (2. Bundesliga). He agreed on a contract till the summer of 2020.

23 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

He signed for cultclub FC St. Pauli (2. Bundesliga). He agreed on a contract till the summer of 2020.

NT is very thin in the striker position.