Phantis Forums
Reaper

Transfer Talk

Atalanta and Werder Bremen rumoured to be after Mavropanos. Olympiakos want to sign him as well but the player is afraid that he will take no minutes under the current CB rotation (Botia, Engels, Cisse, Vukovic and Nikolaou)

I really hope he goes to Germany.

leipzig strongly rumoured to be after kourmpelis again. they approached pao on summer but pao didn't want to sell him, unlike now that they're sinking for cash. 

Let's hope Kourbelis moves abroad. He will improve much more and can play more for the national team. 

I also agree with what you said Boxou a few weeks ago about how Tachtsidis, Kone, Fortounis, Koutris, Mantalos, Pelkas and other Greeks leaving the Greek League and playing abroad. I believe younger Greek talent should play in the league and grow from there instead of seeing more established players like Kone and Tachtsidis taking there place. It's a good idea in my opinion. 

Panathinaikos are doing well in the youth level. Players from their u15, u17 and u20s are coming first in their league's. Maybe it's time for them to start promoting players.

Posted (edited)

BREAKING;

Kostas Mavropanos is currently in London to finalize a deal with Arsenal. PAS Giannena seem to have accepted a 2million offer from the english side. 

It also looks like he will be loaned out to Werder for the rest of the seaon.

Edited by Boxou

I can't find that information anywhere. I never thought this player was that good. 

17 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

not true. sites in greece are full of these rumours and it's a done deal. im very happy for the kid.

more fresh news; 

oikonomou who is on loan from bologna to spal is looking for a team in germany for the second half of the season

galanopoulos is being targeted from epl clubs.

augsburg are close to sell stafylidis to fiorentina for 2 million euros. 

kourmpelis is getting sold no matter what.

anestis and kapino are also close to move abroad. 

• Like it 1

On 12/25/2017 at 8:21 AM, Rockafeller Skank said:

Leeds is a good destination for Lykogiannis.

Reminder that Stafylidis had a year in Championship as well where he picked interest from Bundesliga.

I think for pacey physical players (and Lykogiannis is a decent physically fit fullback no matter what people in this forums say) Championship is great.

Honestly right now I don't see any real Greek talent in positions we lack ( attacking midfielders- wingers) apart from Pelkas so Fortounis no matter where/if he plays will be a regular.

Thank god the next official matches are in 2019. We have time to prep.

Nations League is pretty official fall 2018, but yes they will have time to prep. 

It looks like players from the 96, 97 and 98 generation are the ones that will become stars and will be the future of our national team. 

25 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

Is Douvikas leaving Asteras Boxou?

haven't seen any rumours about him so far but previously this year it looked like he could end up in spain. we shall see because later he was linked with olympiakos but after olympiakos bought some asteras players and he wasn't included in the deal i don't know what it's going to happen.

On 1/2/2018 at 8:11 PM, Boxou said:

BREAKING;

Kostas Mavropanos is currently in London to finalize a deal with Arsenal. PAS Giannena seem to have accepted a 2million offer from the english side. 

It also looks like he will be loaned out to Werder for the rest of the seaon.

great exposure

The scout that signed him was Dortmund's top scout and has scouted the Greek league extensively, he signed another young Greek kid for Dortmund last year.

yup, it was kampetsis. 

btw greek nt is about to arrange 2 friendlies on march, one with switzerland in greece as you might know and one with egypt in switzerland if im not mistaken. 

some epl club is scouting galanopoulos. 

btw i was reading yesterday that aek had rejected an offer from shcalke for mantalos and one more from leverkusen was incoming. they were not planning to sell him but this sucks..

Posted (edited)

If an EPL club is scouting him is there a chance that he will get playing time?

I wonder what the offers were from Schalke and Leverkusen. Mantalos could do well in the bundesliga. 

Edited by Dean97

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

If an EPL club is scouting him is there a chance that he will get playing time?

I wonder what the offers were from Schalke and Leverkusen. Mantalos could do well in the bundesliga. 

As i said Aek didn't plan to sell him so that was an offer made for him on May which most people don't know. Same about Leverkusen, skibbe had talked with them like he did with Retsos. But after his injury and after Aek's move to immediately renew his contract I find it pretty difficult to move abroad unless Aek can't reject such an offer.

About Galanopoulos they say it's more probable to have an offer on summer. And bare in mind that those Epl clubs don't bother wasting money so with 4-5 million euros I can see him moving away which is what Aek will ask for. Even their best midfielders Johansson and Simoes are leaving with 3 mil each, and an Epl side can easily offer such money. 

Edited by Boxou

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PanagiotisScordis said:

Any News on Andreas Giannoitis, Thanasis Androutsos, Leornardo Koutris, Alexandroe Paschalakis?

Welcome to the forums Panagioti. Androutsos is most likely staying at Olympiakos. Koutris might go to Benfica. By the way all the names mentioned need to be in the national team. Boxou is very good at posting updates about transfers so he would be the one to ask. 

Edited by Dean97

Yeah no rumours around about these players,  2 months ago it looked like Sampdoria might make an offer for Androutsos but the player tool a step back this year. Gianniotis and Paschalakis nothing and Koutris as it was mentioned, has drawn interes from Benfica and Bundesliga teams.

New rumour is that Eindrecht Frankfurt are going strong after Kourmpelis. They say in about 10-12 days there will be official offers about him.

Btw Samaris got injured for Benfica yesterday so it's not a lock he moves to Epl if the injury is serious. But nothing about how serious it is so far.

Posted (edited)

Gianniotis is doing very well this season for Asteras. He could be our first team keeper in the coming year also Karnezis isn't doing to well at Watford and Kapino has fallen down the pecking orders at Olympiakos. 

Good to hear news about Kourmepelis but I think he should stay at Panathinaikos until the summer where he could get bigger offers from bigger clubs.

Edited by PanagiotisScordis

They wouldn't sell him if they were not a broken financially. Even last summer when they arguably had a better financial situation with Alafouzos they turned down an offer from Salzburg. They need money desperately so any offer around 3 mil is a must for them.

Gianniotis has potential but we should first watch him in Olympiakos, probably by the upcoming season as well. If he does well there then he can be a part of the NT. But in this position we have some depth, Karnezis is not that old for a goalkeeper but needs to be 2nd choice from now on. Also I am curious to see where Kapino lands, if he finds a top-5 league team where he will be the starting material then he should also start for us. Don't forget how crucial he was in the Belgium game away. We have Anestis who is negotiating with EPL clubs and Lille and Vlachodimos who is moving to Benfica on summer as well.