Phantis Forums
Reaper

Transfer Talk

I think Olympiacos understands that this season, we have ended up with extremely mediocre players by our standards Jimmy, Affelay, Santana, Jara etc. There is an understanding that next season will see many new faces and hopefully a strategy is already being put in place.

For me a key player to return will be Weiss.

yeah.....the merry go round continues...more signings next year......same crappy quality again...

we need two monster CD......Siovas as back up....2 midfielders, a wide player and a striker.

I dont know about weiss the guy has had more clubs than you can count. He was disruptive last time he came. You cant disrepect the manager like he did . He is a great talent but is one of those players with no brains.

I agree with Sheriff ..another over haul ...leads to more mercenaries...more players just here for the easy $$$ easy title..and the bonus that comes with it...and hopfully they play well in the cl to get a transfer to another club.

Im not convinced totally with this manager..but im sick of changing managers as well His record with Porto in the Cl is not that good so i question his big game abilities . Sacking Michel so affelay can play is amature stuff

I would say that move was one of the most naturally stupid moves I have seen, I was stunned. Absolutely stunned. In fact I lost a lot of respect for the club the day Michel was '''released.'''

Weiss is a problem child - I agree, massive ego too - but talented. For me, if he can be more humble this time round with a new manager, I would happily have in place of Dossevi or Affelay. He also doesn't pick up many injuries.

as much as irk may irk the 'patriots'....I sadly do not see, many young Greek players ready to deliver at CL level...

Fortounis is the only exception and at 23 he is not young...

I see more of the same....unplanned 'pedomazoma'....en masee loans....nobody French,Belgians,Spaniards paraded as the next Djole,Galletti, Mellberg....then 8-9 pts in the CL...Assuming we get a bunny from pot 4....then the cycle continues....coach sacked by Xmas.....reason..'i omada xriazotan ena elektrosok'.

Edited by RED SHERIFF

I think there are always opportunities for good signings....There are more Mirallas out there...

Samaras and the Saudis fit in another category....They over pay...just to get a player..

Samaras on current form is a 400k a season player at Standard liege or Asteras Tripolis level...not a 4milliion a season player..

We don't know how high Meli and a Savvidis (who has now struck a deal under new legislation for old debts) will raise the bar?

If these two up the stakes so to will Marinakis...it will also force the hand to an extent of PAO and Tripolis...

as bad as Santana has been...Maybe a pre season will benefit him?  There are massive opportunities here for a CD or twp to step up..

Interesting points....  The Russians and Turks seem to overpay..the mafia $$$$ may run out or some may end up in jail?

The Chinese are similar market to Saudis....they do end up getting many players towards the end who may stay for a year..

I don't think we should get caught up with markets that overpay....

Russia,Turkey,China,Saudis out bid Italian and French clubs that sums it up...

we need to focus on Scocco,Mirallas,Cisse, Berg, Mellberg, Vierinha, Zeca, Fuster, Marcano, Orbaiz, De Blassis,Rayo, Iglesias, Marcelino etc type of signings....There are many such opportunities.. 

there is no reason why all the top 5 teams could not try and find these types in the summer.

For me, the single biggest idiocy at this club, is that old January transfer window...

Every single year... best players adios... manager sometimes? Adios. Quick bandages on the freshly broken bones... in the form of Sanata, Jara etc...

i read this morning that Benitez may not stay...Coach prefers Jara????

Then Pulido come in?  seems to be a constant revolving door..For me Benitez is ahead of Jara..

For me also Sheriff. The most infuriating thing is that Benitez has better goal and assists to minute ratios than Jara.  Also just as Michel left, Benitez was starting to become truly dangerous and useful imo. I saw potential in this guy...

If I am being clear - I have very little time for Pereira. Marinakis truly sabotaged this season for us.

Edited by Reaper

^^I think the constant player and coaching changes at Olympiakos has to do more with the league dynamics....Economic corruption T.V. revenue rights, continues disputes between owners, no solidarity to mention.

Bottom line there's a limit one owner can invest with all these issues, even if it's Olympiakos with no money problems.

If teams are folding and the rest of the league has very low budgets, it will affect everyone involved.

^^Maybe a bit of complacency....OLY can slash its budget even further and still win the SL. They can afford to take chances on players, OLY doesn't need to win the league by 20 points.

The CL is a different situation, it's getting harder to close the gap between the big European clubs and the smaller ones like Greece.

The only way is to buy cheap talent and sell high....If the players mentioned panned out for Olympiakos, the fans wouldn't be so negative on management....2 years ago the team scored big on its players, this year was not as good, can't expect every year to be like 2 years ago.

Edited by jvc

Coacing changes are nothing new in Greece..apart from bajevic no one has lasted more than 2 full seasons i a looong time. What does the rest of the league have to do with our transfer policy ? We are targeting the wrong players .

This mentality owners in Greece have with rotating coaches is infuriating. They always look for a quick fix.

Thankfully Anastasiou will be breaking that trend with his new extension that will keep him at PAO until 2018. If he stays for the full period, that will be a 5 year term!

Edited by Giourkas

Exactly right..

The endless changes in coaches in the SL may have contributed to players always having an easy out. And we do know how much the average player lacks professionalism in Greece.. By committing to a manager long term, (and by this I mean giving him full support), you effectively force the players to buy in the coaches philosophy or they face prolonged bench time.

Agree with these points. I would also add, it gives Greece a bad image when there is a culture of sacking coaches on a whim. It is like booking a holiday in a 4 star hotel where ISIS are only 50 miles away... doesn't fill you with confidence.

i thought about creating this topic since we had it in the old gs forum and was handy for the greeks who play in the superleague so i can put them in 1 topic.

a short while ago in the match PAO-Xanthi there where scouts from milan , lille , anderlecht and more watching karelis and goutas.

https://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.voetbalnieuws.be%2Fnews%2F178697%2FAnderlecht_speurt_in_Griekenland_naar_versterking&edit-text=&act=url

mitroglou linked with torino.

http://www.soccernews.com/torino-eyeing-kostas-mitroglou/171645/

Yes to all the above! Maybe if Mitroglou can do it tough for a while away from the comfort of Olympiakos he might start living up to the previous hype.

Karelis would definitely improve playing in a better league. Even it's the Belgian League.

Dimitris Goutas has the potential to be another great modern central defender. I haven't seen many of his matches but he's caught the eye of many teams in Greece and Europe. I hope he doesn't go to an AEK or PAO.

i agree on with you on karelis , doesnt matter if its the belgium league. a top team in belgium would be a nice start for him.

i never saw goutas playing by the way but im curius where mitro will end up next season.

now reports from turkey saying that fenerbahce is also interested.

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/kai-i-fener-gia-mitroglou/3085012

https://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=el&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sport-fm.gr%2Farticle%2Fpodosfairo%2Fkai-i-fener-gia-mitroglou%2F3085012&edit-text=&act=url

I'm sure he wants champions league, but I'm also sure his experience in Fulham (fair or not) will be holding him back until he proves himself in a better league. Hope he makes a good choice, whatever it is.

Too swarthy? Don't appreciate his hairstyle? Not fond of his musical taste? Not a fan of his 'ink'?

Come to think of it, there's a lot not to like.

Double post. Okay seeing as how I have the platform let me say that if European teams are willing to do the research there is talent in Greece.

If a player gets approached they can make a career in other leagues. I'm talking about players like Karagounis and Lamprou in Holland, Galitsios and Marinos in Belgium not established players like Sokratis or Manolas.

Edited by Akritis_1944

I think Marinos is getting regular playing time with Charleroi. Not sure how he's doing though. Maybe some of the posters who live in that part of Europe might know. Nikitas?

Indeed he gets regular action. Charleroi is in play-off 1 for the championship and EL. Curruntly they have position 6, while the fourth spot is needed. But they just trail by 1 point.

Marinos played last two games. All 90 minutes.

Charleroi is one point away from spot 4 (=EL).

Two difficult games left:

At home against Club Brugge and away against Standard Liege.