Phantis Forums

Superleague/Football League/Greek Cup TV Coverage

I don't think so. I think that a collective agreement is not going to happen next season. Rumors are that 8 teams already came to an agreement with NOVA. Each with a separate contract, but nothing has been announced officially. The only contract in place for the 2018-2019 season is between NOVA and PAOK. Apparently there was also a meeting between Superleague and COSMOTE last week, but no news came out of it.  

If there is Superleague next season the TV deal will be a mess. I doubt if there will be a collective deal. Each team for itself. This will be very bad for small teams that will end up without contract. I also see PAOK breaking up their deal with NOVA for next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Novasport has announced that it has reached individual agreements with 8 Superleague teams for the next season concerning television rights for their home games.

They are:

AEK
Asteras Tripolis
Larisa
Levadeiakos
OFI
Olympiakos
Panionios
PAS Giannina
PAOK

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

The following teams still don't have a TV contract and are threatening to delay the start of the Superleague. The draw for the 2018-2019 season has already been postponed once and I predict that it will not happen on August 9 as scheduled either. It is safe to assume that the start of Superleague will not happen on August 25 as schedule.

The teams without contract:

Panathinaikos
Aris
Xanthi
Lamia
Panaitolikos
Atromitos
Apollon Smyrnis

Epsilon TV has shown interest in giving the 7 teams a contract, but some of the teams don't want their help.

Since when is it obligatory to have a TV-contract to start the season? 

And why don’t they accept the help? Ah, I know otherwise they can’t complain. Winers. Greece is not the only country having problems finding money. Even AS Roma did not have a sponsor on their shirt till the quarter final of CL against Barca last year. Most of the teams are “sponsored” by the betting-company. No-one is interested or has money. Deal (with it) or shut up and pexe balla.

Just start the season and every time they don’t show up: -3 points. Even if two of those teams play eachother. We can not allow to be hostaged by those clubs/the minority. It is also not good for the Greek teams in Europe (that includes Atromitos) and the NT as the Nations League starts early September.

• Like it 2

Well the government came in and bailed out the 7 teams without TV contract by offering them 14.5 mil TV revenue through the state broadcaster ERT.

The Undersecretary of Sport came to an agreement with the 7 teams for a two year deal (14.5 mil per year), which pretty much guarantees that the Superleague will kick-off on time as scheduled on August 25.

The 7 teams will divide the 14.5 mil gift as follows:

Panathinaikos - 4.2 mil
Aris - 2.0 mil
Atromitos - 1.9 mil
Xanthi - 1.65 mil
Panaitolikos - 1.65 mil
Lamia - 1.45 mil
Apollon - 1.45 mil

In return ERT will show the home games of the above teams, which comes out to 105 games.

Additional ERT will also show the Football League (soon to be renamed Superleague 2) next season.

• 3 weeks later...

I see Sports Plus has 2 matches of this week on the schedule.  And ERT World a few others.   Is there any official word on who has the rights for who in North America for this Super League season?

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Antenna Satellite/Pacific will show the AEK game.

I see that.  Only game from this week on schedule.  Wondering if AEK is only team with home games on Ant1 Sat Pacific.   Wish some announcements were made.  

Btw. Looks like Burnley-OSFP will also be live on ANT1 on Thursday 

Edited by mk21
Typo

For week 2, Ant1 has 1 game on their schedule Panionios-PAOK. 

ERT has 4, & Sport Plus the other 3.

So 7 teams home games on ERT as Blackhawk mentions above.  OSFP and PAOK home games on Sport Plus.  Looks like AEK home games on ANT1.

That leaves Asteras Tripoli, PAS Giannina, Larissa, OFI, Levadiakos & Panionios.    Not sure if those 6 are assigned to any channel or do ANT1 & Sport Plus pick games as they go along? 

Levadeiakos and Tripoli are scheduled on Sport Plus this round. That leaves out OFI, PAS and Larisa as unknowns.

Also Panionios is scheduled on ANT this round, but last round their game against OFI was shown on tape delay on Sport Plus.

It's possible that things are not set in stone yet and some of the small games might be split between Sport Plus and Antenna on game by game basis. I think in the next 3 rounds we should have a clear picture.

Either way, with PAOK games now also available on Sport Plus (along with PAOK TV) and free access to ERT streaming services the coverage of Superleague is so much better than last season. I also expect ERT World to become available on Dish soon as they carry all the ERT games as well.

• 3 weeks later...

OFI and Larisa games this weekend are on Sport Plus, which only leaves PAS Giannina as the only unknown. We'll find out next round where they fall as they finally will play a home game.

From what it appears it looks like Antenna Sat/Pac has home games of AEK and Panionios and Sport Plus the rest of the non-ERT teams.

Or maybe on a week where AEK isn’t playing home, Maybe ANT1 gets first choice of a match from the Nova teams besides OSFP & PAOK.   I think early in the season Sport Plus showed a Panionios home game although on tape delay.  So that might be a possibility.  

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The farce (thanks to incompetent government and EPO) that the final of the Greek Cup has become will be televised as follows:

GREEK CUP - FINAL

PAOK THESSALONIKI - AEK ATHENS
OAKA STadium  (without fans)

GREECE:               20:30 EEST:   COSMOTE Sport 1 HD (Live),  22:30 EEST:  ERT Sport HD, ERT Sport HD Web Stream  (Tape Delay)
CYPRUS:              20:30 EEST:   Cytavision Sport HD, Cytavision Sport 2  (Live)
USA/CANADA:    12:30 CDT:  Antenna Satellite  (Live)
AUSTRALIA:        03:30  AEST:  Antenna Pacific (Live)
WORLDWIDE:      17:30  GMT/UTC:  laola1.TV  web stream (Live)   https://www.laola1.tv/en-int/livestream/2019-05-11-paok-thessaloniki-fc-aek-athens-fc-len
REST OF THE WORLD:    17:30  GMT/UTC:  Arena Sport 5 (Croatia), Arena Sport 2 (Serbia, North Macedonia), SportKlub6 (Slovenia)