Phantis Forums

Superleague/Football League/Greek Cup TV Coverage

Is there any sane reason why Nova don't have a service for overseas viewers ?  Don't they want to make money ?

They do. They (Forthnet/NOVA) sub-licensed the games to Sport Plus and Antenna. Apparently they have a stake in the Sport Plus operation.

Hi all,

I came across this forum as i was frantically trying to find a solution for watching greek SL, after spending a few years browsing around mytv, greekiptv, p2p etc.

This year it looks like we've run out of options as nothing of the above is working.

I'm based in UK so there is an option of having a subscription in Greece and bring decoder into UK but i was just wondering if there are any other solutions that someone can get over the internet?

thanks for your help

The above post is a copy and paste of one of mine posts in the past either here or at the old GS and is no longer accurate.

TAF Spots no longer owns the international rights to SL games. Forthnet TV that actually runs NOVA for the Greek market now controls the rights. Apparently they kept the same arrangement that TAF Sports had last season, which was divide the the teams equally between Sport Plus and Antenna Group. The only exception is the home games of PAOK, which has not approved the SL deal with Forthnet, since they wanted first to investigate previous deals between SL and TAF Sports for irregularities.

This post my friend came from the link below and not from any of your posts....nothing wrong with Google....wasn't aware you hold copyright rights regarding specific posts.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ziaka/TV_Rights_in_Greece.htm

Edited by trikalinos1

Yeah, not with Cheesy "Hellas TV" by Lambda....there are others that aren't really out there for everyone to search for....but they're there.  Honestly, you can find good solid streams for everything OTE offers anyways.

So it's not ote but you can find channels for the same leagues ote broadcasts...correct? If so I can watch the same with fox sports or bein...

There is OTE, but what I'm saying is that anything OTE offers that's worth watching can be easily found elsewhere in HD...unlike NOVA which is almost impossible to find anything.

Also, Everyone "want's" the Greek channels for different reasons.  All I want is the Super League and Cup games.  All the Premier League, La Liga, etc I get through Kodi in HD....and Greek TV offers nothing else to me. 

The streams that are being provided by the various different "companies" are obviously illegal, and a few Greek "entrepreneurs" figured out how to charge money for these streams, and put together a nice little interface to make it easy for papou and yiayia to navigate to their favorite channels.  Hell, I even got it for my parents, and had a box myself when Nova was available.  Then when Nova gets cut off, they want to bust your balls for cancelling.

Most of the "On Demand" stuff that they offer is Free on Hellenic TV on Kodi, and even on others.  The ONLY thing I haven't been able to find consistently has been Nova.

Unfortunately, Kodi is intimidating to most people because in the beginning there's a bit of a learning curve, and it could be a pain in the a$$ sometimes. 

Edited by BostonThanatos

They do. They (Forthnet/NOVA) sub-licensed the games to Sport Plus and Antenna. Apparently they have a stake in the Sport Plus operation.

What do these two companies have in common other than sharing the same address :)

I will give you a hint....just Google [email protected] like sport plus is owned by TAF sports

TAF SPORTS MARKETING AE

Advertising Company, Agency & Studio

74 Avgis Street, kai Chalkis 2, 141 21 Heraklion Attica Greece

SPORTS COMM

74 Avgis Street, kai Chalkis 2, 141 21 Heraklion Attica Greece

Now you can see why PAOK wanted SL to do an investigation prior to signing the international rights contract.

Yes sir. You are absolutely correct. So although taf sports has no superleague rights they still make money thru sport plus regardless who has the superleague rights

Edited by trikalinos1

I used to have it all. But I decline to pay 70 bucks a month when I can pay almost that but in 3 months. Have over 250 live channels and over 2,000 movies on demand. Sirina is awesome, na trabame kai kamia m*****a na poume :p

It has gotten tiresome around here. This is a very small investment on what you are getting back

Have had it now for what...8-9 months and no problems!!!!