Phantis Forums

Superleague/Football League/Greek Cup TV Coverage

Television rights for 2019-2020 Season

Current situation for Superleague 1:

NOVA:  AEK, AE Larisa, Asteras Tripolis, NFC Volos, Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Panionios
ERT:  Aris, Atromitos, Lamia, Panaitolikos, AO Xanthi
WITHOUT CONTRACT: OFI, PAOK

The most recent developments are that Panathinaikos and ERT ended their contract for the 2019-2020 season and then Panathionaikos signed a contract with NOVA for next season worth 5,500,000.

At the same time ERT has informed the remaining teams under their contract that for the next season they will have to take a 45% pay cut despite having a signed deal.  I expect legal action by the involved teams against ERT, which might delay the start of the Superleague 1 season.

Also the rumored deal with PAOK that was supposed to be 7,500,000 will also need to be cut even though there was never a deal announced. It’s certain that the deal between PAOK and ERT will not happen. It is also quite possible that PAOK will decide not go to NOVA, since NOVA colluded with Olympiakos and AEK to make sure PAOK does not get the high paying deal from ERT. Most likely scenario is that PAOK home games will be end up on OPEN TV in Greece and PAOK TV outside of Greece.

As for Superleague 2, ERT has decided to cut the deal by 60% despite a guaranteed contract between the league and ERT as part of the professional leagues restructuring. Superleague 2 teams are threatening not to start the season unless the contract remains intact.

ERT is also contracted to show Football League games, but this is now in question thanks to the budget cutting by ERT.

The Greek Cup deal with COSMOTE expired last season. EPO is looking for a new contract for the next 3 season, but nobody has shown any interest yet.

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

Following today's Super League 1 meeting it appears that the TV coverage for the games has settled as follows:

NOVA:  AEK, AE Larisa, Asteras Tripolis, NFC Volos, Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Panionios
ERT:  Aris, Atromitos, Lamia, Panaitolikos, AO Xanthi
PAOK TV PPV:  PAOK
WITHOUT CONTRACT: OFI

If OFI does not sign up with someone at the last minute, they will probably be selling their home games on game by game basis. 

As far as international coverage is concerned, the NOVA team will be most likely split between Sport Plus and ANT1 Group (Antenna Satellite/Pacific). Sport Plus already has the Olympiakos and Panionios games scheduled for this weekend.

ERT today announced that they will not televise their games this weekend trying to put pressure onthe teams to take the 30% pay cut.

For people outside of Greece the AEK against Xanthi will be televised on Antenna Satellite/Pacific.

Aris today signed a 3-year deal with NOVA and all their Super league 1 home games will be televised on the novasports channel.  Their deal is reported to be for 7.5 million Euro for 3 years.

Here is the situation after today's developments:

NOVA:  AEK, AE Larisa, Aris, Asteras Tripolis, NFC Volos, Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Panionios
ERT:  Atromitos, Lamia, Panaitolikos, AO Xanthi
WITHOUT CONTRACT: OFI

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like every team now has a TV home. It was announced that OFI signed with NOVA for their home games.

Here is the situation after today's developments:

NOVA:  AEK, AE Larisa, Aris, Asteras Tripolis, NFC Volos, OFI, Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Panionios
ERT:  Atromitos, Lamia, Panaitolikos, AO Xanthi

• Like it 1

Starting this weekend Super League will be streaming selected games of the K19 competition on their` Super League YouTube channel.. On Saturday they will stream the Atromitos K19 - PAOK K19. Kick off is at 10:30 EEST.

• Like it 1

• 3 months later...

So its clear as mud to me at the moment.

https://online.novasports.gr/en/site/allGames

Novasports appear to be broadcasting home games for the following teams:

AEK

Aris

Asteras Tripolis

Larissa

OFI

Olympiakos

Panathinaikos

Panionions

OFI

This weekend, Olympiakos are travelling to Lamia which means that if I am a subscriber to this service, I cannot watch the game unless I source it via other means.

Is that correct?  What are people doing here in Australia?  I haven't watched a superleague game in years.  Thanks to Optus Sports here in Australia, all the european matches are available either live or on demand, so that has been brilliant, but that is solely for Europa league and Champions League.  This weekends game is not one that fills me with excitement, but I have had a Greek soccer hiatus for a little while, and am now looking to "get back into it".

What do people suggest? 

• Like it 1

The teams you listed (novasport teams) are televised in Australia on either Antenna Pacific or Sport Plus. 

Lamia, Xanthi, Atromitos and Panaitolikos home games are on ERT and should either be available on ERT World or you can stream them via ERT web site in HD.

PAOK home games are on PAOK TV and you will have to either order the season package or individual games to watch their games.

• Like it 1

21 hours ago, Thryleon said:

Is that correct?  What are people doing here in Australia?  I haven't watched a superleague game in years.  Thanks to Optus Sports here in Australia, all the european matches are available either live or on demand, so that has been brilliant, but that is solely for Europa league and Champions League.  This weekends game is not one that fills me with excitement, but I have had a Greek soccer hiatus for a little while, and am now looking to "get back into it".

What do people suggest? 

I have Antenna Pacific at home so I watch AEK, Panathinaikos, OFI & Larisa home games + all Cup games and have the luxury of recording the games so can watch them without seen the score when I wake up at my time.

I have a subscription through Go Greek TV that gives me the other channels to watch the other teams when I have orexi or needs to watch the other games at our early morning hours

• Like it 2

Thanks Greg.

Go Greek TV appears to be comprehensive.  It has Novasports HD on it.  Does that mean you can watch every game using this package?  How do you get Antenna Pacific through Foxtel?

• Like it 1

• 6 months later...