Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2017-2018)

pash

@SouroTi welcome to the forums.  Always nice to see another PAOK filathlo!  I dig your avatar.  Do you have a collection of staplers ?

Regarding the squad it could do with some work.  I definitely agree about loaning out some of the young Greek boys if they can't get some game time.

Brkic I think unfortunately we are stuck with him.  There is no way in hell he'll find another club willing to pay the wages he's getting now.  I think when he came to the club he expected (as did we all) he would be the number one keeper.  In the end Glykos cemented the position (he had a great season and really seems to have matured) and I think Brkic lost his motivation.  Now with the addition of Rey who so far looks very solid, any ambition he had of becoming the first team keeper is over.

Regarding the left back position, it ought to a priority for the club to lock this position down.  Leovac is all right but that's about it.  He'll have a few ok games and then some very average ones.  Just not consistent and reliable enough.  I believe Leveque is better if he's fit but I believe we've signed a dud.  Too injury prone and I don't see it changing.  It's ironic that the team that is currently first in the GSL, Atromitos, their left back Giannoulis is on loan from us.  Currently I don't think we can sell Leovac until we bring in someone better.

Definitely I would bring back Henrique.  I can't even fathom why we loaned him out.  One of the few players that takes on and dribbles.  Pelkas and Vieirinha aren't doing that and seem content to just lay the ball off.  No wonder we are lacking up front.  Then again it's the managers job to instruct them to take their man on.  I miss the mayhem Rodrigues would cause opposition defenders.

@pash I have heard whispers that Moledo from PAO could be a target of ours given their current financial situation.  He would be an excellent signing.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@pash the club should not sell Biseswar or Campos.

You don't find players like Biseswar every day.  He's basically what we wish Pelkas could but probably won't become.  We all know his fitness issues but that's where the club has to manage him better.  I'm hoping that he gets more game time at the expense of El Khaddouri who needs a spell on the side line.

Campos lacks in many ways, but he can hold the ball up as well as any of our players and can take a beating too.  Tough player that wins fouls.  Our other wingers are nancy boys.  We could've used a fit Campos against AEK.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather keep them both too. I also think Campos is one of the better dribblers on the team...and nobody (except *possibly* Cimirot) has the ability to force as many errors on his opponents as he does.

Moledo...do we really need this guy? If we get him, we'd have to lose one of Crespo or Malezas in my opinion. We're already five deep at the back.

Moledo is better than any CB we have.  Realistically Malezas is going to retire at the end of this season so you'd be rotating him with Crespo and Varela.  Solid player all round.

Cimirot is a funny player.  I really think he's suited to a system where a team plays 3 in the middle.  He's not quite a number 6 and he's not quite a number 8.  He's kind of been getting pegged into a role that he can't quite do.  If you play him as the 6 he's fine against weak opposition but against strong teams he can't do it.  As an 8 you expect half a dozen assists and goals but he can't do that either.  And yet, we can all see how much work he does on the pitch.  Stats don't always tell the full story.

@Bananas Haha! Thanks man. I don't know why, but every time I sign up to a forum on the net, it signs me up with that avatar. It's really grown on me now haha

In the game vs. AEK, our coach said we play as a team, while AEK has more individual play. Pelkas and Vierinha need to have those individual plays. We need them to light it up. I've been so curious as to why they've been content just to lay the ball off. Is this just Lucescu's playing style? Maybe they're lacking confidence? Im not sure. 

I've never figured Cimirot out.. but I want the darn guy to take more shots from outside the box. He's shown he can do it.

Campos is a little too hesitant sometimes. He'll run the ball through a whole defence and then on the final pass or shot, he f's it up haha. He's really gotta work on that. I still have a hard time liking the guy, he needs to produce now

I believe if we buy Moledo, We'll truly be solid back there. He's not needed of course, but he's stronger than Crespo and Varela I think.

Buying players we don't need so no other superleague team can have them... Sounds like an Olympiakos move!

The younger Savvidis is sweet talking Vellios on instagram. Isn't he just another flop? I haven't followed his career at all, though I seem to recall us being interested before he went (back) to the UK.

26 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

I think the mentions of AEK and PAOK for Hult are manager's tricks to get a better deal. He's a decent player, but only slightly better than Leovac. I would prefer a Matos caliber player for the LB position.

Would you prefer Vieirinha in that position and maybe look for a suitable replacement for Cimirot/Shakhov and another quality striker?  I think we're good in the winger positions.  With Mak, Campos, Limnios and Mystakidis coming back and a possible Henrique return I think we're pretty solid there. 

I think Vierinha's talent is wasted in that position. I would prefer him on the wings. He can play both sides. Yes we might have too many wingers, but I don't think we will buy Mak after this season, and I am not sure if Henrique will be back as well. We will need two quality strikers, as I believe Prijovic will be sold after this season.

Παιδιά αν μπορούμε να αγοράζουμε παίχτη με 2 μύρια και να τον πουλάμε σε ενάμιση χρόνο με 10 τότε έχουμε κάνει απίστευτα βήματα προόδου. Μακάρι να παίξει καλά την υπόλοιπη σεζόν ο Πρίγιοβιτς και να καταφέρουμε να τον σπρώξουμε με 10 μύρια. Από το βιογραφικό του εξάλλου φαίνεται ότι αλλάζει τις ομάδες σαν τα πουκάμισα, δεν περιμένω να καθίσει χρόνια στον ΠΑΟΚ.

I've got no problem with him leaving soon. As you say, selling that quickly for that much would be great for us. Still, no reason to get rid of him before the season is even over. With any luck, a solid performance at the Cup will launch a bidding war (fingers crossed).

• 2 weeks later...