Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2017-2018)

pash

Just for fun, since I'm a fas of the 3-5-2 formation:

-------------------------------------------REY----------------------------------------------

----------------------CRESPO---VARELLA--ZABRANO------------------------

----VIEIRINHA---MAURICIO---BISESWAR---CIMIROT---MATOS---

----------------------------PRIJOVIC---------PELKAS/MAK----------------------

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if we're going to go nuts, let's go with the formation that earned Mak his trip to Zenit!

--Rey--

--Crespo--Varela--Zambrano--

--Matos--Mauricio--Cimirot--Vieirinha--

--Pelkas--Mak--

--Prijovic--

I can already see Tudor's smile.

During a meeting (video conference) today with Lubos Michel, Maria Gonchareva, and Kyriakos Kyriakou it was decided that the team as a whole will be punished with a monetary fine for the lackluster performance against Olympiakos and AEK. Also there will be individual fines to certain players, but it was not disclosed which ones. Most likely Zambrano and Biseswar for the red cards.

Savvidis also expressed complete support for Lucescu and instructed everyone to be of help to anything that the coach might need. He also added that if Lucescu has a list of players that should leave the team, than the process should begin to accomplish that.

they really believe in the coach.... Savvidis is constantly showing their support for him on Instagram.

Is this all a facade, or are they seeing something in him that we cant?? 

Edited by mcp4

I don't think it's a facade.  If anything, it's a good thing in principle.  Even if Lucescu turns out to be a bad manager, the principle of backing the manager is a good thing going forward.  It means that in the future if we try to hire a new manager they would look at this as a positive i.e. the club supports the manager.

Don't know about the fines, have never heard that from around world football. I've heard of players getting fined for being sent off... If its a common practise thats okay then, but I feel like this is the type of the thing, especially in Greek football that will piss off the squad and their performance will reflect that. I think things are going to get worse before they get better. Maybe I'm just being extremely negative and over analyzing. 

5 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Don't know about the fines, have never heard that from around world football. I've heard of players getting fined for being sent off... If its a common practise thats okay then, but I feel like this is the type of the thing, especially in Greek football that will piss off the squad and their performance will reflect that. I think things are going to get worse before they get better. Maybe I'm just being extremely negative and over analyzing. 

No I agree with you about the fines.  You need to be careful.  It should only be used for particularly egregious actions.  Issuing fines indiscriminately will just cause bad blood in the squad.  Having said that let's see what eventuates.

Welcome to the forum!

It's certainly possible, though I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Lucescu if the team improves. I just don't want the yearly circus to continue. Savvidis must have seen how much better it was last year when we stuck with a coach through the tough times.

Mistakidis is now about 3 weeks out from his return. Frankly I thought he'd be back by now, but better late than never.

• Like it 1

A few interesting tidbits from Michel today -

Wants to offload 4-5 players (either sales or loans) due to the team being built for an EL competition that we obviously are not involved in. Removing a few players would help alleviate what is presumably causing some pressure in the locker room

- personally, I hope this means Poungouras gets a loan out. Other players that I think should make a move are Kace (loan or sale), Konstantinidis (release/loan/sale), Leovac (sale only), Pelkas (but only for a good price), Cimirot (but only for a good price). I wouldn't be surprised if Biseswar and/or Campos want to go as well, and they should be allowed to if we get some cash for them

Says that Henrique might be back on the table, as their team is either already out of the CL (or soon will be)

Says he'd be open to a sale of Prijovic at close to the 10mm clause, but definitely not for something like 3mm

56 minutes ago, pash said:

Welcome to the forum!

It's certainly possible, though I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Lucescu if the team improves. I just don't want the yearly circus to continue. Savvidis must have seen how much better it was last year when we stuck with a coach through the tough times.

Mistakidis is now about 3 weeks out from his return. Frankly I thought he'd be back by now, but better late than never.

Thanks! It's great to be here. Lots of great discussions on this forum.

All of us PAOK fans surely do not want another circus. I think (and hope) that Savvidis and Michel have learned from their past mistakes and are doing the right thing with the team. Mistakidis coming back will be huge. He always gave it his all on the pitch and those performances are what we need to get the rest of the guys going. He can also play on all attacking fronts (CF, WInger, even an additional play-maker if needed). I've seen the same passion from Limnios (and Deligiannidis frankly). I hope they get some more playing time too.

2 minutes ago, pash said:

A few interesting tidbits from Michel today -

Wants to offload 4-5 players (either sales or loans) due to the team being built for an EL competition that we obviously are not involved in. Removing a few players would help alleviate what is presumably causing some pressure in the locker room

- personally, I hope this means Poungouras gets a loan out. Other players that I think should make a move are Kace (loan or sale), Konstantinidis (release/loan/sale), Leovac (sale only), Pelkas (but only for a good price), Cimirot (but only for a good price). I wouldn't be surprised if Biseswar and/or Campos want to go as well, and they should be allowed to if we get some cash for them

Says that Henrique might be back on the table, as their team is either already out of the CL (or soon will be)

Says he'd be open to a sale of Prijovic at close to the 10mm clause, but definitely not for something like 3mm

I agree with offloading players. Our Greek talents need to play: give them out. But, I've seen in the past that some of our players we've loaned out in the past don't even get playing time. So we need to make sure wherever they go, they play.

I will add to that list to loan out Marios Siampanis (if Glykos is on the road to recovery now..). He's one of our great talents and he needs to play. Also, Brkic needs to go. He's just adding to our expenses now. No value added haha. And Leveque? I don't know what to say exactly. That was a very poor buying decision. Getting rid of Leovac is fine. I just don't know if maybe we want to get rid of Leveque too. They should have put some stipulation in his contract to offload him if something like this happened. His stats were so poor before coming to PAOK. He had a great year in 2015 (and a great performance against us in the EL), but just because a player shows up great against us in one game we just buy them? Where's the logic? 

I say bring Henrique back. We need players who can do individual plays. No one is doing that right now (maybe Mauricio). I'm surprised Pelkas hasnt been running at players. Lately he's just been giving the pass instead of entering the box and taking players on. Maybe its a confidence thing. Sell Prijovic (only for 10mm), and I'd like to buy Berg. He is old now, but if he's only like 2mm, why not.

The thing about Leveque, is that they're going to have an obsession with giving him every possible chance (even beyond what is reasonable) before they get rid of him. If he were healthy, he'd be playing in all of our games this year already I think.

From what little I've seen of him, he does seem to be a bit better than Leovac. But the guy has played, what, 150 minutes in four months?

Logically, Limnios and Deligiannidis should be loaned out, but I would hate to see them go. Of course, it would be in the player's long-term best interests to get out there. If Henrique comes back, Limnios *definitely* will need to go.

An uncle of mine was making some big claims about us already having agreed terms with Berg for this winter. A 6-month or 1.5-year contract. I'd take him, for sure.