Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2017-2018)

pash

3 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

The problem with PAOK is that we have a rich owner who has no clue on how to run a football club. Throwing money at the problem is not solving anything. After winning the cup everyone thought that we turned a new page, but the planning for the upcoming season was a disaster. I still don't understand why Ivic did not continue as the team coach after a successful season. Not only that, the owner by-passes the Technical Director and brings in a coach because his buddy Vukic recommended him. The results of the coaching fiasco is today's elimination from the European competition as well as the poor start in the Superleague against Levadeiakos. It will take some time to turn this around, but unless Savvidis changes the way he runs the team I don't see any improvement.

Christo didn't see your post, but I just wrote something quite similar to that on another thread...

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you mean Lamprou? We got him for only 300k, it looks like. I guess they really liked Limnios, to judge by the relative cost.

Well, everyone except Stanojevic liked him, I guess.

13 minutes ago, Yiankos said:

Stanojevic was a mess.. Under him (I doubt though he took any decisions) we loaned Kitsiou and Charisis, too, which we now regret...

Loaning Kitsiou was a big vlakia.  Charisis not so much as he wouldn't have got much game time.

That's true, on the other hand, as I said last Spring, I think we already saw the limits of Crespo and Canas. I don't think they are able to move the team a step further. Crespo is a 5 and Canas is a 6.5. That's it. For me, we should have get rid of those two and get real quality players in their positions. With that in mind and also that Cimirot might be leaving, I would prefer to have Charisis to be the rotation of the team. But if Charisis ends up playing the whole season at Belgium, then it was the best move for him. I just hope he will improve and come back to PAOK. I don't want to give up on him yet.

Charisis, to me, has more potential than Cimirot and is already better than Shakhov. I hope he gets a lot of time too, and that Michel (or whoever is there next summer) doesn't blow cash on tourists.

I am sorry, but Kitsiou has not shown any improvement ever since he broke into the team. This loan might do him some good. Same for Charisis. From the reports (ie rumors) while at PAOK he was more interested in supporting the local bars in Thessaloniki instead of concentrating on his football career. The loan might do him some good as well. If those two wake up and realize that they need to work hard in order make the starting lineup. Also from what I understand, Kitsiou himself asked to be be loaned or released.

22 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

From the reports (ie rumors) while at PAOK he was more interested in supporting the local bars in Thessaloniki instead of concentrating on his football career.

I would say this is the issue for most PAOK players.

Regardless of whether Kitsiou has improved or not, he's the only fit back up for Matos.  From the moment he was loaned out, the club should've told Stoogeovic to get Konstantinidis fit and ready to at the very least provide a rotation option.  Instead, Konstantinidis has barely played even in the practice games.

I hope that Kitsiou and Charisis do a "Pelkas" and come back revitalized and changed as players.  Similar to what happened to Pelkas when he went on loan to Portugal.

Charisis has the potential to be much better, but there are times when he's lost in the middle and doesn't know how to get back into the game.  Hopefully lots of game time will help.

1 hour ago, Bananas said:

Regardless of whether Kitsiou has improved or not, he's the only fit back up for Matos.  From the moment he was loaned out, the club should've told Stoogeovic to get Konstantinidis fit and ready to at the very least provide a rotation option.  Instead, Konstantinidis has barely played even in the practice games.

I hope that Kitsiou and Charisis do a "Pelkas" and come back revitalized and changed as players.  Similar to what happened to Pelkas when he went on loan to Portugal.

Charisis has the potential to be much better, but there are times when he's lost in the middle and doesn't know how to get back into the game.  Hopefully lots of game time will help.

Yeah, but do you truly beleive Pelkas has developed as a player. Besides a handful of games, he's been a disappointment overall.

I agree with Boston. Pelkas is mediocre and never changed. At first he has limited brain. I remember a few European games that he entered as a sub and was doing so many fouls around the penalty area and give set pieces to the opponent. The truth is he cannot mark a player. For him the only way to do it is to make a foul. One on one I am pretty sure he cannot get the ball from any football player who has both his feet.

Now to Kitsiou this is another story. Because even though he is not a great player, is a good rotation player, and he actually has a lot of experience with PAOK. He is very stupid as well. I remember once two-three years ago he was in front of me on the line to board to the flight from Munich to Thessaloniki (he was with PAOK's doctor and went for a treatment). So, he tries to scan his ticket from the wrong side and the employee says something like "Try the other side please". Kitsiou has no idea what the lady is saying and he keeps trying with the wrong side. Then he turns to the doctor and says "Τι μου λέει αυτή ρε μαλάκα;". And then the doctor said "Σου λέει να το γυρίσεις από την άλλη". However, I don't ever want to see Crespo as a right back. In fact I would love if I would never see again Crespo with PAOK shirt. But to me, part of why we threw two points in Leivadeia was because Crespo played right back. Call me crazy but I strongly believe with Kitsiou we would have win the game.

Ha ha, everyone has an opinion.  Pelkas actually came back from Portugal a much better player.  I believe when he was loaned PAOK had every intention of selling him but when he came back Tudor said that he was impressed with him.

Both Pelkas and Kitsiou, ultimately, are just squad players.  You wouldn't want Kitsiou playing RB for the entire season or Pelkas playing as the CAM either.  They are not good enough to be in the best 11.  At least not now anyway and I don't see it changing in the future.  Ultimately, we want the backup players to be very close in quality to the best 11.  But how can you compare Kitsiou to Matos or Pelkas to Biseswar ?

As for Crespo, ti sou ekane re Yiankos, ha ha ?  Last season I think he was our most consistent defender by a long shot.  This season we can't comment as the whole squad has been rubbish.

I agree, he's a good player who will hopefully get better. He's stylistically very different from Biseswar, but let's not forget how well he played when he came back from Portugal and got regular minutes. Most of our Greek players seemed to regress after that season.

Leaves us thin at the back, but Malezas is more than adequate coverage. I can't see them keeping Poungouras for a one-month spell as #3 (or #4?) center back. More likely they'd call up someone from the K20 to fill out the practice squad.

Crespo is good only for a Segunda Division team. Nothing more than that.

Pelkas is just a talent and will stay like that for ever. He has some good technique, he scored some beautiful goals, but he lacks so many things to be a starter for a PAOK who is challenging the championship.

All in all guys, if you don't like what I am saying, don't take my opinion seriously. Just ask yourselves where those players would end up if they leave PAOK? ......................... Yep, that's all I had to ask you to make you realize that they are not good enough for a PAOK who is seeking the championship and has dreams to dominate Europa League and eventually go to the group stage of Champions League.

Yianko everyone has their opinion and is free to express them. After all that's forums are for. In my opinion Crespo is a solid player that helped us last season. He might be a secunda division player, but most of SL teams are at a secunda division level anyway. You're right that if we want to look forward to bigger things we need better players, including center backs.