Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2016-2017)

Dutch Eagle

For sure. Tudor/Arnesen definitely left us with a better core than they came in with. Had Tudor not been so extreme with his formation...maybe he would have lasted longer.

As for Savvidis butting in less - I doubt that will last, considering he's now president.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad we could not get all the points against Xanthi and Veroia, considering we will drop quite a few points in the upcoming game.

Starting with the game against Iraklis we will play 7 games in 22 days, including couple derbies. This will be the big test this season. Can we withstand this grueling schedule with minimal damage?

Here is the schedule:

Oct 16: PAOK - Iraklis  (Superleague)
Oct 20: Qarabag - PAOK  (Europa league) - long trip to Asia
Oct 23; Olympiakos - PAOK (Superleague)
Oct 27: PAOK - Larisa  (Greek Cup)
Oct 30: PAOK - AEK (Superleague)
Nov 3:  PAOK - Qarabag (Europa League)
Nov 6:  Panionios - PAOK (Superleague)

That's a shame. While he hasn't received much game time so far this season (Biseswar has been in great form), I feel Pelkas has been very good in the times he's played. If we had players that could finish he would've had a few assists on the board.

I like the way we're managing him though, I really think he can become something special.

Edited by Pontos

I'll this right now.  If Djalma Campos is in the 18 man roster, Ivic will show he's clueless. 

The guy is a fraud who rode on the glory of a fluke goal in Amsterdam long enough.  The guy can't pass, shoot or receive a pass properly.  

Klaus is clearly out of form and honestly looks uninspired.  Since the geniuses in the front office didn't get a proper CF, bite the bullet and put Koulouri or Pereyra (preferably Pereyra) up front.   I think that:

-----------------Pereyra-------------------

Rodrigues----Biseswar----Mystakidis

Will be far more effective than anything we've put up so far.

• Like it 1

It's definitely time for Ivic to start rotating some more players.  As for the love affair with Campos, I don't know what is going on there ?  Seriously, where did we find this guy ?  I mean someone like Biseswar you can watch for 2 minutes, and you know the guy has a football brain.  He may need work on fitness, on motivation, but he knows the game.  But Campos ?  I really want to proven wrong on him but I haven't seen enough to justify paying him such a high wage.  Seriously, if you're a right winger but you can't score goals, there's a name for that.  It's called a right back.

• Like it 3

Hahaha beautifully said.

As I said before - Campos is going to be given WAY more chances to succeed than people Ivic hasn't brought in. The fact that Michel/Ivic wanted him, and also are paying him so much, has given him a lot of freedom to underperform.

Conversely, I don't think Pelkas or Mistakidis or Koulouris will be given so many chances. All three of them really need game time (Mistakidis is the only one of the three that I'd say looks "mature" out there), and if they don't grab their next opportunities by the balls, they'll find themselves lucky to make the bench in cup games.

RIght now, RW is our biggest liability. I want to like Campos - he's reasonably fast, can dribble, is strong - but his mistakes are absolutely astounding. And unlike someone like Mak, he doesn't produce enough to balance out those F***ups.

Hell, to be honest, I'd rather see Kitsiou start at RW over Campos, if none of the other options are fit/etc.

Who would have thought that at the beginning of the season (besides our own Nostradamus Pash)?! Pereyra has the best stats so far!

Ροντρίγκες      3 γκολ,  2 ασίστ   σε 1.085 λεπτά
Αθανασιάδης   3  γκολ, 1 ασίστ   σε 803 λεπτά
Περέιρα            2 γκολ,  2 ασίστ   σε 299 λεπτά
Μπίσεσβαρ      1 γκολ,  3 ασίστ   σε 516 λεπτά
Κουλούρης       2 γκολ,  – ασίστ  σε 270 λεπτά
Μυστακίδης     1 γκολ,  – ασίστ  σε 203 λεπτά
Τζάλμα              1 γκολ, – ασίστ  σε 1041 λεπτά

Ha ha ha. They able and devote all these resources to raid fan's houses to find clothes so they can match them to pictures from the crowd trouble last year, but they can't trace the person responsible for bringing a whole freight ship full of heroin into the country. What a joke.

• Like it 2