Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2015-2016)

Blackhawk

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured this would happen, it's his first major tournament with Portugal though, unless he does extremely bad I don't see it happening (actually I think Portugal are the darkhorse in the upcoming Euro Championship).

• Like it 1

Zero chance Santos leaves Portugal before the Euros (which they can definitely win) and slim chance he is not at the helm for WC 2018. It's possible he is so bored with NT football that he bails after the Euros, but why come here when he will undoubtedly get better offers from better leagues. 

We probably have a better chance of landing Santos than we do Lazaros. Who is the last Greek player that voluntarily came back to Greece (while under-30) if they had a contract, or contract offers from abroad? I think Lazaros would rather rot on Sampdoria's bench then return to the SL. 

Does it really matter who the manager is in September? We will have a different one before Easter 2017. 

I actually looked this up on Transfermarkt, Igor Tudor had the SECOND LONGEST tenure of any coach in Savvidis' entire history as a football owner (Rostov 2005 to PAOK 2016). 

I find this rumor particularly unbelievable considering that Santos seems to have found at least some measure of success with Portugal. If people were screaming about him resigning, that might be more realistic. But as teke says above, he can easily parlay this into a move to a better league, a better team, etc etc.

• Like it 1

I understand where Tudor was coming from when he said that, but that was something he should have kept to himself.

you are talking about a level of nuance that escapes anyone born in the balkans

in a PR polished world he would have said "Pelkas is younger and not as far along in his development as Fortounis so it would be unfair to compare them" but this is Greece so um yeah

As a coach you never call out a player by name in a negative manner.  You have to be diplomatic.  Tudor called out 2 young talents by name, and compared them negatively to their counterparts on their biggest rival team.  Tudor sealed is fate,  Amateur move from an amateur coach with no control of his emotions.

Santos after the world cup with the ethniki said he wanted to return to club coaching, since he couldn't find a job he took the Portugal job once Bento got the sack for Portugal's poor start to the qualifiers. That might still be a lure for him but maybe coaching his nation into a World Cup will be a bigger pull.

He is a results manager, he got them with us and got them with Ethniki and now Portugal, I too think Portugal with Santos keeping tight and one of the best weapons on the counter (Ronaldo) are dark horses to win the Euro.

I honestly wouldn't mind Santos, and I feel with the runs on the board he would be given at least 2 seasons but then again it is Savvidis a couple of losses and he will be shitty he can't go into the dick measuring contest with Marinaki and Theodordi. 

• Like it 1

Is it possible for epo to wait with the point deduction until the play-offs? If we would start with 3 or 6p deducted it would be over for us before the first kick-off.

It might actually happen, but not because of EPO. It's because lawyers in Greece have been on strikes on and off. As a result lot of the soccer related hearings have been postponed over and over.

PAOK's hearings are supposed to take place this week, and if they take place, any point deductions will take place during the regular season. This is what PAOK wants. First of all, there is a possibility that the point deduction can be up to 6 points, but if it is any bigger than what Panathinaikos got (-3), it will be a robbery. With 3 points deduction, we are pretty much in the playoffs, as there is 7 point difference from Asteras Tripoli.

• Like it 2

4-6 weeks. Absolutely unreal. Rodrigues looked great in the few minutes he played, so there's that at least. Jairo should have been back by now too, right? And Mak should be over his suspension as well?

Jairo should be ready for Panionios. Mak has one more games left in his suspension. Berbatov should be ready for the last two games, and he will be needed, because Klaus needs to get a yellow card in the Panionios game, so he can sit out the last two games and then be clean for the playoffs. By the end of the season most if not all players should be ready for action.

Jairo should be ready for Panionios. Mak has one more games left in his suspension. Berbatov should be ready for the last two games, and he will be needed, because Klaus needs to get a yellow card in the Panionios game, so he can sit out the last two games and then be clean for the playoffs. By the end of the season most if not all players should be ready for action.

Sounds good.

The last years we have performed well in the regular season only to lose momentum right before the playoffs.I'm confident that we'll do great this time.

• Like it 1

Four players are at the yellow card limit, and will need to get carde in the next two games so they could enter the playoffs clear:

Klaus and Leovac have 6 cards and need to get carded in the Panionios game so they can sit out the last two regular season games

Cimirot and pelkas have 3 cards and need to get carded in the Panionios or Levadeiakos, so they can sit out the last game of the season. Cimitor is injured, so I am not sure if he will get the chance to do that.